Bdubbs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brady
Vehicle(s)
A handful
Hey fellas!

Finally got to drive my new to me 19 GT 350 a little bit more this early morning! What an amazing sounding machine!

I personally haven't brought this car up past 4k rpms yet. Don't worry, I will.

I'm curious on other members mileage and how often you get in the 6,000-8250 rpm range?

My car has 17,400 miles, but I don't know the history on it.

Some pictures from a few hours ago!

Thanks for the feedback!

IMG_20220527_015943582_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220527_013714974_HDR.jpg
Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
uugghhh…send it.

Your cars history is irrelevant at this mileage; it’s broken in…if you buy into that. What’s your concern?

Bike4pizza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 perf blue, recaros, handling,tech,carbon dash
Congrats on the new ride! Just starting to get more comfortable in mine as well.

Most importantly to redline adventures are a proper warm up and cool down. That being said, I see the shift lights start to activate only a few times per “normal” driving. If I recall, 2nd gear has you near a speed that starts with a 7 and 3rd gear will get you damn near triple digits. Keep that in mind when looking for appropriate space to approach the upper limits of the tach.

Lastly, it seems appropriate to share a certain mechanic's opinion on the topic:

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
I’m about to click over 10K miles on my 2 year old ‘19.
I have the shift lights blinking at 7500RPM. It blinks every time I hit the short freeway blast headed to the other side of town, a couple times a week I suppose.
I never get out of 3rd around town with 55mph main roads.
You will find your car is actually easier to drive aggressively than not. Get your oil up to 190F and let ‘er rip. Everything being equal (warmed up OE tires, above freezing temperatures) it’s pretty hard to go sideways unless to turn off all the nannies, which I do not do in town.
My GT350 is the most powerful car/truck I’ve owned excluding my stump puller diesel Ram 2500. I was a little intimidated at first but soon discovered how easy it is to go fast and be safe. I’ve never felt it was trying to kill me, as a matter of fact, just the opposite.
Get an oil/filter service unless you know for certain it was done, then go have fun.

Sponsored

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
A) How often does mine see redline? Almost every time I drive, and definitely anytime I am on track with a 5.0. Because I am a child at heart and I paid for those additional 850 RPM's :crackup:
B) How often do I get into the 6,000 to 8,250 range? Every time I drive.

I just clicked 7700 miles, on a '17. It's mostly an autocross car now, with maybe once or twice a month to work, or to pick up my son.

If you are worried about history, look up the known faults of the motor and the likely causes, most of which are well documented on this site. Some members have high mileage GT350's. What did they do to get those miles? You have a '19, which is the Gen II motor. That's good. But there are still issues like I think the timing chain tensioner not being set (I could be wrong on this one, I have a '17 and didn't worry about it)? There is some clip or bearing or something in the transmission that sometimes goes wonky. Magneride shocks like to leak early. The front overhang is huge, leading to scuffs on the front splitter. I think the Gen I and Gen II have oil consumption issues. I know mine likes a quart every 1500 or so miles, but then again, these are high revving miles. So it comes with the territory.

Kwik Trip...I love stopping there on the long drives back home (Wisconsin). Such an awesome gas station, rivaling Bucees. And that blue is a fantastic color.

Jamongkad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mathew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I set my shift lights right at the bleeding edge of 7,900 rpm lol. But yeah I just wait for 190F oil temp and let er rip. I have a '19 but I have experienced some oil consumption at 2,500 miles. The oil level is near the middle of the two holes on the dip stick so I think I'm good.

-RAC-

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
That piston needs to be fully exercised the entire length or you will get build up on the walls.

fordvdub

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 FPB GT350
Most of the way around Mid-Ohio! Looking forward to Pitt Race in July. First time I'll be going there.

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
My car has 17,400 miles
I personally haven't brought this car up past 4k rpms yet.
Ughh! What are you waiting for? Why buy a race car and not use it like it was built for?

You will find your car is actually easier to drive aggressively than not. Get your oil up to 190F and let ‘er rip.
Agree! So much harder to baby this car, then to just let 'er rip as you say.

Sponsored

Jason304

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350 2016 Ram 2500 2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Every time traffic and road conditions allow. Above 6000 is where the fun is.

OP
OP
Bdubbs

Bdubbs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brady
Vehicle(s)
A handful
Ughh! What are you waiting for? Why buy a race car and not use it like it was built for?

Agree! So much harder to baby this car, then to just let 'er rip as you say.
Oh trust me I will. I was only bumming around town this morning at 2am. I would have been pulled over in no time.

I hate driving out in the country at night.

I didn't know that these cars have a shift light?

cortez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
redline? it's a multiple-times-per-day thing for me... :)

scoots

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I bought my 2016 GT350 new, and soon as I got passed 1,000 miles it was reving to 8,000+ rpms on a regular basis. I loved that exhaust note! I sold it after 3+ years and 17,000 miles with zero issues.
Sponsored