Sponsored

How often do you guys see other Bullitts on the road?

Bullitt$Bill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt L3456, 2018 F150 CC Lariat, 18 HD SGS
It's a trim package. Here's a shot of the badge indicating a car has that trim package.

2019-ford-mustang-bullitt-rear-view-carbuzz-445132.jpg

See, says it right there on the tin.

Also, your car has never been on a movie set, or anywhere near Steve McQueen. It's not a Bullitt either :wink:
That car is most certainly not black. Go drive your POS Dodge.

LOL
Sponsored

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
ive only seen 1 ever... November 23 2018. I parked by it snapped some pictures... never seen another one since

3097A0E0-BC3E-48CA-882E-C546ADAD385B.jpeg

Sponsored

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Indeed brother. I can't believe freaking old farts are so passionate about a stupid car that like you pointed, wasn't in the movie (it was a '68), and was never touched by Steve McQueen. And even if it was, he was a freaking actor, for chrissakes. Do those guys have posters of Steve McQueen on top of their beds, so they can look at him every night? Ha ha. I just don't get any of that crap, to be honest. But to each his own. If they're infatuated with a guy and a movie, more power to them :).
You are correct, I agree......you just don’t get it. 😃

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
That car is most certainly not black. Go drive your POS Dodge.

LOL
Dang, I hope that's reference to the movie, otherwise shots fired. :) But upon closer inspection I see his profile description lists a Charger as well as a Mustang.

I thought that the color looked little too close to the green versus black.
That's the thing about this color, more than any other I've seen, it is heavily dependent on lighting conditions, angles and how clean it is.

When I got my ceramic coat and detail done, the green was almost too bright. Little bit later in sunny day it's bright and dark at the same time.
In the dusk especially from low angles it's very dark.

McQueen was widely known for his film and television career but if you're a fan you probably .....

And yes, I am a 38 year old man and there is a framed photo of Steve McQueen in my bedroom.
I'm a 28yo man, never had Bullitt poster, but really got into it once I started doing research on the Bullitt. My first introduction to his name was in Cars (Lighting McQueen). Obv being from Czech, American actors aren't all known, but me loving Mustangs helped with his name recognition to me.

I think either way he'd be pretty excited for the car, the homage it tries to pay (and you can argue if it does that well or it's cheesy, personally I love it, very subjective tho) and the fact there isn't a pony badge everywhere.

Nothing wrong with what you like on your Mustang. For me (despite having bright blue 2018 Accord I traded in for this and loving blue cars), the Bullitt's understated look, less badging, no spoiler, more of a "gentleman's look" was all that sold me. Add fantastic highway cruiser and fairly practical for a coupe and boom. I was sold.

I get people are passionate, but to say one's a true Bullitt and one isn't is kind of silly. I love my green, but understand black was the way to go for some. It actually doesn't look bad in black, pretty slick, although I'd never personally consider buying it in that color.

I've slapped winter tires and new rims on mine, so the original wheels are stored now. Does that make my car less of a Bullitt?
Let me do a cold start in track mode. NOPE. Still a Bullitt. GOD DAMN I LOVE THIS EXHAUST.

20201214_132243.jpg

20201214_132034.jpg

Last edited:

blackk3389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
'19 BULLITT#3389, '03 cobra vert#2198,2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
First off, black Bullitts don't count. :crazy:

Second, in the 2 months I've owned mine, I've only seen one DHG Bullitt so far on FL's Treasure Coast, and that was about 2 weeks before I picked mine up. I figured that was a sign to buy mine.
Lee
you better take a better look around the treasure coast, i have sighted another black BULLITT, thats 3 to 1 on your DHG......and the car was purchased because of its color, lines, lack of badging, and it being a numbered car. oh yeah and the GT350 intake swayed me too. yeah i could have bought a mach1 but there not numbered. i keep my cars for a long time. being black the production numbers are far less. and with covid destroying production for 2020 this car just may hold its value better than i thought. can any of you GT owners say that ......lol

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
you better take a better look around the treasure coast, i have sighted another black BULLITT, thats 3 to 1 on your DHG......and the car was purchased because of its color, lines, lack of badging, and it being a numbered car. oh yeah and the GT350 intake swayed me too. yeah i could have bought a mach1 but there not numbered. i keep my cars for a long time. being black the production numbers are far less. and with covid destroying production for 2020 this car just may hold its value better than i thought. can any of you GT owners say that ......lol
My 2019 currently the Credit Karma automatically reports shows mid 30s (Thou $) for the value. So it dropped fairly significantly, I think they get it from KBB, but not sure.
However, if you're keeping the car for a long time (I also plan to do that) and you aren't upside down on a loan or something, what does the value matter in the end?

Sponsored

blackk3389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
'19 BULLITT#3389, '03 cobra vert#2198,2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
My 2019 currently the Credit Karma automatically reports shows mid 30s (Thou $) for the value. So it dropped fairly significantly, I think they get it from KBB, but not sure.
However, if you're keeping the car for a long time (I also plan to do that) and you aren't upside down on a loan or something, what does the value matter in the end?
because in the end that is when it matters the most, i took a 2016 base GT that i purchased in late '16 for $30K paid it off, 3 years latter got $25K on the trade for the BULLITT. now tell me in the end it doesn't matter. on bring a trailer a 2004 SVT Cobra just sold for $33K, tell me in the end it doesn't matter. and if your speaking of has been actors, nice post of Eddie.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
because in the end that is when it matters the most, i took a 2016 base GT that i purchased in late '16 for $30K paid it off, 3 years latter got $25K on the trade for the BULLITT. now tell me in the end it doesn't matter. on bring a trailer a 2004 SVT Cobra just sold for $33K, tell me in the end it doesn't matter. and if your speaking of has been actors, nice post of Eddie.
By default you are saying that the cars were sold, so yes, their value does matter.
I'm talking about a situation in which you might never sell the car, at which point it truly doesn't matter.

..... i keep my cars for a long time. ....
I guess I assumed when you said "for a long time" I thought you meant essentially you're not selling it and a kid is going to inherit it or something.

Apples and oranges here.

" and if your speaking of has been actors, nice post of Eddie. "

*Whoosh.* That meme is a meme, not a homage to the actor.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Also, that is NOT Eddie Murphy. Nice try tho. :D

It's Kayode Ewumi.