Sponsored

How necessary is it to get the brake pedal recall fixed before a road trip?

LeroyJohsan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leroy
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Going to be going on a 2000 mile round trip in a few weeks. Just remembered my car is one of the ones recalled for the brake pedal.
How important is this to get fixed before a long trip?
Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
How many genuine failures has there actually been?

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
A Google search doesn't bring up any incidents being reported. The actual recall says there had been no failures at the time of the recall.

Would I want the bracket replaced? Yes.
Would I stop or restrict driving the car? No
Would I be concerned that it might fail? No, not really.
What I might do is to be more aware of following distance and more alert for situations that would require emergency braking.
But probably not.

It's not like Ford said that bracket is going to break. They said they're concerned that it might break under extreme circumstances
And they sure haven't been in a big hurry to get replacement parts out there yet.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Same issue with the tranny forks IMO. If you haven't abused the car, haven't slammed on the brakes, only brake with one foot, and won't be driving aggressively on your trip, I wouldn't worry about not getting it done immediately, since no accidents have been reported. I'm sure there are folks with 10 times your mileage, and abuse involved, and no issues. But I'd get it done asap, just in case. Good luck.

Last edited:

Sponsored

tnk_2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT, 401A, auto, CS, Ford SS.
I got mine recall done this week already. the part is available you just have to call the dealer and ask them to order the part if they are not stocking it. it takes about 2-3 days for part to arrived and a couple hours to installed. that is what happened to me. it is a safety recall, why not get it done as soon as you can. why taking a chance for it to fail and then regret

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
If the trip is in a few weeks just get it done. The work won't directly cost you anything and do you really want to risk the pedal assembly failing and losing that control.
the bigger issue should be your trip being completely disrupted and an unscheduled 3-5 day pause in your itinerary. Do you have places to be at fixed times or reservations? Or being stuck in some 1-horse town and having to get towed 100 miles to civilization where there might be a Ford dealer?

Sponsored

GeigerZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
To me, it was peace of mind knowing that if the worst scenario happened and could potentially have been prevented that the blame wouldn't be in my corner since Ford did offer a solution. If that solution was ignored, the liability lies on the owner at that point.

Never know when a two feet on the pedal situation will arise. If you do, lemme know the next winning lotto numbers.

No intension of being the wrong first.

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜09 GT500KR & ā€˜16 GT350 Track Pack & ā€˜20 GT500 HP
Going to be going on a 2000 mile round trip in a few weeks. Just remembered my car is one of the ones recalled for the brake pedal.
How important is this to get fixed before a long trip?
I wouldnā€™t worry about it. I even did two track events with mine before the recall.

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
You will only find out if by slamming on the brakes during an emergency stop...so it depends on whether or not that happens on your trip.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Itā€™s not an issue for regular daily use. It only becomes an issue when excessive force is used for instantaneous emergency stopping...

But this recall should be the least of your worries - this is when you worry:

1614611943397.gif
Sponsored