Sponsored

How much Wider is the GT500 in Front and Rear ? ? ? ?

socal2fast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Is it the same in the front as the gt350? I was watching a video that said that the GT500 is wider in the rear as well? giving it more of a wide body set up for bigger wheels and tires?
Sponsored

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Same width in rear as a GT350R

Front is wider then any other Mustang.

Front fender is the same width as the rear.

Rear quarter panels are the same as any other 2015+ Mustang.

ixfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Speaking of fenders, I kinda wish they’d maintained the fender vents from the GT350. It’s a minor complaint but has always been a design feature I like on the Shelbys.

Sponsored

Droopy1592

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damien
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Speaking of fenders, I kinda wish they’d maintained the fender vents from the GT350. It’s a minor complaint but has always been a design feature I like on the Shelbys.
This is what makes the 350 the sexiest of the mustangs. Front end is perfect and menacing, side view is gorgeous and the side vent gives it some exotic flair. They should have kept it along with the the GT500 front end. It would have definitely added something to the car.

Droopy1592

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damien
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Damien: I hear what you're saying about the fender vents and it does look pretty cool. But personally, I prefer a clean fender.
To me, it’s great that they gave the GT500 and GT350 their own relatively distinct looks without breaking the bank instead of just putting a different front fascia, a wing, and some badges on and calling it a day. I’m looking at you Audi! I appreciate the effort Ford has put into these cars and I now own my first American brand. We may disagree but we both won. I love both of them much more than the stock mustang look. Way more.