Sponsored

How Much?: Steeda Lowering Springs & Spacers on the Bullitt...

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
So... I created a "build list" on the Steeda website for the Magneride-compatible lowering springs and wheel spacers.

In the mean time, I contacted the local shop that did my IRS and front K braces and my jacking rails for an estimate for the springs and spacers. They finally got back to me today. $927 in labor ALONE.

This cannot possibly be a reasonable labor estimate.

Opinions?
Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Well, it took me 10 minutes to install the frame rails on my mustang. spacers, as in wheel spacers? took me 20 minutes running around car one at a time installing it. I had gf in car and she just held brake so rotor/wheels wouldn't spin as I torqued to spec.

springs, those took a few hours for my buddy and i.

absolute ripoff for springs/spacers. spacers should be like 30 bucks Lol. buy a torque wrench and do it yourself.

aileron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dick
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt K1191, '20 BMW X3 M40i, '17 BMW 440xi, '14 Ram truck...and 19 old Triumph motorcycles
I'd figure about 4 to 4.5 hours hours, and a shop rate of maybe $85 - $100/hr. That tells me it's worth $380 to $450 in labor; more if they'll align it afterwards - another $60-80.

OP
OP
CAL Captain

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Thank you, guys.

He just really doesn’t want to do it. But if I’m crazy enough to pay $900+, he’d be happy to take my money.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
So... I created a "build list" on the Steeda website for the Magneride-compatible lowering springs and wheel spacers.

In the mean time, I contacted the local shop that did my IRS and front K braces and my jacking rails for an estimate for the springs and spacers. They finally got back to me today. $927 in labor ALONE.

Opinions?
When you are ready to order - shoot me an email & we'll get everything set-up for you - also, if you would like, I can put you in contact with Joe Day - our National Sales Manager if he can help with a spot for installation. You can reach me at [email protected].

TJ

Blownfx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullit
Vehicle Showcase

Opinions?
Bring it over, I'll install for 525
Sponsored