Sponsored

How much oil in my AOS after a full track weekend...

trackHERO

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Brock
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350R
I went to Sebring 2 weeks ago and did eight 25 min sessions for the full weekend and had an absolute blast!! What I was super curious was, how much oil is going to be in my AOS after heavy use on track.

Sponsored

huskeee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt350
Nice video, good quality. :thumbsup:

Just to add my 2c. There shouldn't be any more oil in the passenger side on a track day than normal driving, in fact it's probably the opposite. The PCV valve shuts at WOT and high vacuum(which is a staple of tracking), so unless your PCV valve is not functioning you won't collect any oil in those scenarios.

The drivers side on your video seemed spot on to what you'd expect with a healthy NA motor. If anyone is getting loads of oil in the drivers side on track days, I would be getting worried.

OP
OP
trackHERO

trackHERO

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Brock
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350R
Nice video, good quality. :thumbsup:

Just to add my 2c. There shouldn't be any more oil in the passenger side on a track day than normal driving, in fact it's probably the opposite. The PCV valve shuts at WOT and high vacuum(which is a staple of tracking), so unless your PCV valve is not functioning you won't collect any oil in those scenarios.

The drivers side on your video seemed spot on to what you'd expect with a healthy NA motor. If anyone is getting loads of oil in the drivers side on track days, I would be getting worried.
Thanks and I appreciate it! At Sebring there is a corner called bishops bend which is about 120mph left hander but mid throttle to make sure the car is planted and then a hard right turn and that where most cars see the oil accumulate. I was just very happy to see it stayed low. Ive had friends fill them up on track before but they were in S2000's
Sponsored