Sponsored

how much lower and wider is the GT350 compared to the 2015 GT perf package?

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Prem Calif Special, 2021 Mustang Mach-E
i was reading the info in the gt350 owners supplement, and it says do not take this to a car wash with the rails on the bottom because it it to low and the tires too wide for them.

so has anyone figured how much lower the gt350 with tech package is vs the 2015 mustang gt with perf package on it?

Will i need to really worry about hitting curbs with it? i dont have that issue now at all, but just want to be careful obviously so just wondering how much lower and wider it all is.
Sponsored

Readfast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
17 F350 King Ranch, 17 Focus RS
:crazy:I hope no one takes this car to an Autobell or a Gas Station Car Wash!

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I can't imagine that will really be a problem, but I will probably ask the people at the car wash the first time I go through.

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
I can't imagine that will really be a problem, but I will probably ask the people at the car wash the first time I go through.
It's a real problem. Neither of my cars can be run thru a car wash with a track due to the width of the wheels / tires. Many offer off track washing for an up charge.

Sponsored

TexanZSG21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
I was wondering about this as well...I can just see myself driving over some of the ridiculous speed bumps around here and crying every time I hear the lip scrape over them.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I wouldn't take a Honda through a gas station or other "track" carwash let alone a GT350; touchless or not. Maybe a rental car but that's about it.

Hand wash or use a coin wash with pressure and uses quarters. they have them everywhere. They have those ones without tracks you just drive in and a computer arms goes around the car, but I dont trust the chemicals they're using on my paint.

Dawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT convertible
Hello guys, new guy here. As an ex car wash owner operator I thought I'd pass on a little info. Car washes recycle their wash water. Most use fresh water for the rinse, but the wash water is definitely recycled. Car washes should be reserved for your daily drivers and not used for anything you really care about.

vampire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
135i
the topic is not about car wash,, it's about how low is the GT350 compared to a PP GT..

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
take to a good detailer, no brush car wash:eyebulge:

i would guess 1 inch and 1.5 inch wider

Sponsored

wproctor411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
the topic is not about car wash,, it's about how low is the GT350 compared to a PP GT..
The OP concern specifically mentioned Carwash. The Carwash should have a tire gauge and clearance gauge. Mikes and Crew Carwash around here do but you have to ask about it. I would hand wash or use a touch less pull through.

wproctor411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
Hello guys, new guy here. As an ex car wash owner operator I thought I'd pass on a little info. Car washes recycle their wash water. Most use fresh water for the rinse, but the wash water is definitely recycled. Car washes should be reserved for your daily drivers and not used for anything you really care about.
It sucks and doesn't help with spot free rinse but some do better than others by upping the HF. Don't want to derail the thread but most local or state laws require reclaim systems so there is no way around it at a commercial facility, unless your way out in the sticks.

chrsschb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 WRX
I was wondering about this as well...I can just see myself driving over some of the ridiculous speed bumps around here and crying every time I hear the lip scrape over them.
I already do that in my WRX and it sits 3-4x higher than the GT350. Florida isn't known for its well thought out roads though.
Sponsored