2015 gt
just traded in my 15gtpp base with recaros and 7200 miles for 26000
Sponsored

jbuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I have a 2015 Mustang GT PP black in mint condition inside and out with 1,650 miles yes you read that right. I was going to return it to stock and trade it on a 2018 with the 10 speed auto dealer offered me 22,250.00 on trade, I asked what they were smoking then told them to get bent.
I really don't get this. That's KBB trade in. I love my car, but understand that they depreciate like crazy.

15GTCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT A6
Of course you will not get what you want on a trade in. You will get more on a private sale but those can be difficult to do because you run the risk of the buyer not having the money. Return it to stock and do not mention that you race it and take the hit with any of those car buying services. You might see $25,000 but not much more.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I have a 2015 Mustang GT PP black in mint condition inside and out with 1,650 miles yes you read that right. I was going to return it to stock and trade it on a 2018 with the 10 speed auto dealer offered me 22,250.00 on trade, I asked what they were smoking then told them to get bent.
Is it a base? Because if it is, that's about right. Premium trims will trade better.

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Is it a base? Because if it is, that's about right. Premium trims will trade better.
It's got every option adaptive cruise, security package, 401A etc just no Reacro seats.

Sponsored

jbuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
It's got every option adaptive cruise, security package, 401A etc just no Reacro seats.
Just noticed your from Canada. So if have no idea on pricing up there. So take my last post with a grain of salt. I'm my experience the more options you have on your car the more it's going to depreciate in the first few years.

I have always shopped for my cars with resale as being the top criteria. When I started shopping for a mustang I had to first convince myself I was going to throw at least $10,0000 out the window during the first few years. That isn't saying anything about this car itself, just the market in general. The smart money is on 15-16's right now. I wanted a new engine and the new 10spd trans so I am willing to accept the loss.

TexArmageddon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette

Niche car with, a niche use, with a market that primarily can't afford it, and is produced in fairly decent numbers... what were you honestly expecting..

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Niche car with, a niche use, with a market that primarily can't afford it, and is produced in fairly decent numbers... what were you honestly expecting..
Similar cars on Auto Trader are asking 34K be it private or dealer, I was expecting to come in at 28 - 30k.

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Just noticed your from Canada. So if have no idea on pricing up there. So take my last post with a grain of salt. I'm my experience the more options you have on your car the more it's going to depreciate in the first few years.

I have always shopped for my cars with resale as being the top criteria. When I started shopping for a mustang I had to first convince myself I was going to throw at least $10,0000 out the window during the first few years. That isn't saying anything about this car itself, just the market in general. The smart money is on 15-16's right now. I wanted a new engine and the new 10spd trans so I am willing to accept the loss.
At my expected trade value of 28 - 30K that was about a 10K loss.

hemistar1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2, 2017 F-150
Love them both ..why not get a used truck or suv

Many mustang people seem to be into pickups, never understood why. :shrug: They usually get the truck and get bored however.
PA (where op is from) is pretty rural where a truck may be more useful than the stang.
I drive a 15 GT and a 2017 F150. I found myself getting bored with the mustang and I drive the truck over the mustang 5 days out of the week.

Don’t get me wrong I love the mustang but the truck is extremely useful in bad weather, hauling stuff and gets better gas mileage.

That being said OP...put the GT back to stock and sell your mods.You will get the same book price even with extra stuff..in fact it may hurt sale if you have exotic mods like exhaust or bolt-ons if you are trying to sell to a dealer.

Sponsored

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Is that in CDN $ or US $?

If CDN, certainly on the low side. But you need to consider, that even with the low mileage, car is 4 years old now and end of warranty or even possibly out of warranty.

But if it was me, at that low of a trade-in, I'd sell private. Years ago I had a Subaru dealer offer me around 10K for an Outback Sport I wanted to trade for a new Forester. I told him I can get close 20K private and then I can shop for my Forester anywhere. He said good luck, fully expecting me to return.
I sold my Outback Sport in 2 weeks for 18,900 and bought a new Forester XT from the US for really cheap.

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Is that in CDN $ or US $?

If CDN, certainly on the low side. But you need to consider, that even with the low mileage, car is 4 years old now and end of warranty or even possibly out of warranty.

But if it was me, at that low of a trade-in, I'd sell private. Years ago I had a Subaru dealer offer me around 10K for an Outback Sport I wanted to trade for a new Forester. I told him I can get close 20K private and then I can shop for my Forester anywhere. He said good luck, fully expecting me to return.
I sold my Outback Sport in 2 weeks for 18,900 and bought a new Forester XT from the US for really cheap.
That is in USD the car was purchased brand new in Dec 2015, that makes it just over 2 years old not 4. Bottom line is the dealer sees an opportunity to make money and they are being greedy, I have had many cars and one thing that holds true is mileage is king when it comes to the value. Private sale is a lot harder as you get many tire kickers and people that want to drive it I'm not going to deal with that hassle.

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Car might have been purchased Dec 2015, but the 2015 model year goes back to late 2014 release, so 3+ years of 2015s on the road. That depreciates the car.

$22250 USD = $28000+ CDN. Fair price. Consider I purchased my 2017 GT Premium late last fall for $40000 CDN, I'd be lucky to get over $32000 on trade today.

OP, PP2 tune is not transferable, but the GT350 intake and CAI is. I would remove all that you can to revert to stock, if you have stock parts and sell as close to stock.

I'd be interested in your axles if you decide to sell. I purchased some GT350 axles, but haven't installed them yet.

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Car might have been purchased Dec 2015, but the 2015 model year goes back to late 2014 release, so 3+ years of 2015s on the road. That depreciates the car.

$22250 USD = $28000+ CDN. Fair price. Consider I purchased my 2017 GT Premium late last fall for $40000 CDN, I'd be lucky to get over $32000 on trade today.

OP, PP2 tune is not transferable, but the GT350 intake and CAI is. I would remove all that you can to revert to stock, if you have stock parts and sell as close to stock.

I'd be interested in your axles if you decide to sell. I purchased some GT350 axles, but haven't installed them yet.
You never make money on trading cars but it's all how much you are willing to lose, for me it's not worth the money for an A10 and digital dash.

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
I agree
Sponsored