Sponsored

How much hp can a 2017 Mustang GT stock engine can handle?

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
That’s actually easy to install. At first I thought it’s going to be welded.
Once the car is up on jackstands, it can be done in 30-45 minutes. Way faster if you have a lift but not difficult at all.
Sponsored

OP
OP
SSG 5.0

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Once the car is up on jackstands, it can be done in 30-45 minutes. Way faster if you have a lift but not difficult at all.
Thanks. I’ll do this before lca’s. Steeda parts are on point and durable as well. Probably

OP
OP
SSG 5.0

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
What would you do if you’re in my shoes? Same size rear tires 305/35/20. Mickey Thompson with the subframe brace or Continental tires? I’m leaning heavily on continental though.

Bigswollnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 Mustang 5.0
I guess it would make sense for my situation to spend a couple more $$$ between Michelin et street ss or continental extreme contact sport tires. Not a dd car and will see 90% street. I want my tires to last twice as much longer than the dr’s and able to drive on a sudden rain.
The NT555R tires willl work in the rain but actually get traction with forced induction. They have the longest life of any drag radial I know of. However, I don't see why you would care about tire life if it isn't a daily driver. Spending money on tires that you can't hook on is a waste imo. Just my 2 cents.

OP
OP
SSG 5.0

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
The NT555R tires willl work in the rain but actually get traction with forced induction. They have the longest life of any drag radial I know of. However, I don't see why you would care about tire life if it isn't a daily driver. Spending money on tires that you can't hook on is a waste imo. Just my 2 cents.
Good morning bud. I don’t drive it daily for sure. I thought continental or Michelin street tires are the top notch of them all? All of the reviews I’ve seen for these 2 brands are great. Nitto 555R is definitely cheaper out of those two tires I mentioned.

Sponsored

Bigswollnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 Mustang 5.0
Good morning bud. I don’t drive it daily for sure. I thought continental or Michelin street tires are the top notch of them all? All of the reviews I’ve seen for these 2 brands are great. Nitto 555R is definitely cheaper out of those two tires I mentioned.
The key word is street tires, any street tire won't have the traction of a drag radial. Doesn't matter the brand, it's about the tire compound.

OP
OP
SSG 5.0

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
The key word is street tires, any street tire won't have the traction of a drag radial. Doesn't matter the brand, it's about the tire compound.
I know the purpose of the drag radials tires. A continental ec sport and a couple of suspensions upgrades still ain’t going to work? If I floor it from 25 mph to 60 mph, I’m going to spin 360 and die?

OP
OP
SSG 5.0

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
How much suspension upgrades to hook a good street tires? I’m just curious. Thanks man.

Bigswollnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 Mustang 5.0
I know the purpose of the drag radials tires. A continental ec sport and a couple of suspensions upgrades still ain’t going to work? If I floor it from 25 mph to 60 mph, I’m going to spin 360 and die?
Lol, I don't think you will die, the suspension mods will keep you mostly straight even when the tires spin, as long as you have advance track turned OFF. I don't think those tires will get you traction in 1st or 2nd gear. If I recall correctly at only 550 ish whp before I went e85 and some other mods, my 2014 5.0 would spin my 275 width summer only tires unless I was going 60+ mph in 3rd gear. No reason to have added power if doesn't make you go faster, you can't go faster if your tires are spinning and not getting traction. I've read people getting 10k+ miles of tread life from NT555R's, that seems in line with a year of driving for you.

Bigswollnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 Mustang 5.0
How much suspension upgrades to hook a good street tires? I’m just curious. Thanks man.
I'm not sure, might not be possible in 1-3rd gear. The suspension just eliminates wheel hop. If the tire compound isn't soft enough they will just spin even when they have full contact with the ground.

Sponsored
OP
OP
SSG 5.0

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Lol, I don't think you will die, the suspension mods will keep you mostly straight even when the tires spin, as long as you have advance track turned OFF. I don't think those tires will get you traction in 1st or 2nd gear. If I recall correctly at only 550 ish whp before I went e85 and some other mods, my 2014 5.0 would spin my 275 width summer only tires unless I was going 60+ mph in 3rd gear. No reason to have added power if doesn't make you go faster, you can't go faster if your tires are spinning and not getting traction. I've read people getting 10k+ miles of tread life from NT555R's, that seems in line with a year of driving for you.
I can live with 10k tire life because that’s 2 years for me. My car have 10k miles in 2 years so that tire is actually a great choice for me too. That might change a little since the car will be supercharged lol.

PC 2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ordered 2019 ruby red pp1 A10 with whipple stage 2
I have 555r's on my car now they hook way better then any Michelin/Continental tier. I have a 19 A10 whipple stage2 on whipple tune. On the Michelins car would spin in 5th. With the 555r's they hook in 3rd. So I can tell you if you anything less it will be spin city and spinning isn't winning lol. If you get a street tire you are wasting your money.

OP
OP
SSG 5.0

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I have 555r's on my car now they hook way better then any Michelin/Continental tier. I have a 19 A10 whipple stage2 on whipple tune. On the Michelins car would spin in 5th. With the 555r's they hook in 3rd. So I can tell you if you anything less it will be spin city and spinning isn't winning lol. If you get a street tire you are wasting your money.
Good to know man and thank you too. Your car definitely is faster than mine and my car probably hook on 2nd then. Another reason I was going to street tires it’s cheaper and I can get 4 tires. I’ll get the rims now and get a set of rear tires and leave my stock 235/50/18 in the front for few.

Bigswollnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 Mustang 5.0
What tire psi do you run on the street? I have a similar setup.

OP
OP
SSG 5.0

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Wheels are ordered and now getting that Nitto 555R DR tomorrow. Thanks guys.
Sponsored