Sponsored

How much hp can a 2017 Mustang GT stock engine can handle?

SpaceCityS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I understand but, those are coming from the supercharger dealer not mine. That’s why I come here and ask for advice or help. Anyways, the supercharger dealer is called supercharger4less.
If an FI dealer is recommending stock injectors on a boosted application then you need to walk away no questions asked. Call Terry @TeamBeefcakeRacing or the Lethal Performance guys. The packages that they offer are tried & true for a reason. Do it right the first time or you're going to end up with a serious money pit of a car.

Also, if you're going to go Procharger, just pull the trigger on the P1X. There is plenty of information about how well this unit works on this forum.
Sponsored

18 Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT PP1 400a
If an FI dealer is recommending stock injectors on a boosted application then you need to walk away no questions asked. Call Terry @TeamBeefcakeRacing or the Lethal Performance guys. The packages that they offer are tried & true for a reason. Do it right the first time or you're going to end up with a serious money pit of a car.

Also, if you're going to go Procharger, just pull the trigger on the P1X. There is plenty of information about how well this unit works on this forum.
Agree 100%

OP
OP
SSG 5.0

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Y

I’m making a phone call later on those guys. Man I thought I hit the jackpot lol. I’ll keep looking.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
I'll echo everyone else. FInd a new dealer and a new shop. Terry at Beefcake for dealer, and Lund/PBD for tuning. Do 95lb injectors DW or ID with a BAP.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
If you can be patient. beefcake offers some crazy good deal around any holiday. I bet he'll have a killer deal around the 4th of july.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
SSG 5.0

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
So I went back to the shop and now the mechanic says if you’re looking for power you need an injectors and fuel pump after I mentioned it smh. I’m doing a supercharger and that alone should tell you I’m looking for power. This guy is an ass.

OP
OP
SSG 5.0

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I’m calling terry and see what he can do for right now. I was hoping I’m not going to install it myself because I’m busy.

OP
OP
SSG 5.0

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Alright phone calls does come handy. Terry from teambeefcake if I go ho kit, it comes with 47 lbs injectors, tune, and using stock pump. Stage 2 kit comes with 95 lbs injectors and boost a pump. Thanks y’all. I really appreciate the help and extra knowledge.

SpaceCityS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Alright phone calls does come handy. Terry from teambeefcake if I go ho kit, it comes with 47 lbs injectors, tune, and using stock pump. Stage 2 kit comes with 95 lbs injectors and boost a pump. Thanks y’all. I really appreciate the help and extra knowledge.
:thumbsup: Awesome. Terry is the man when it comes to this stuff. If you end up pulling the trigger on the HO, I would recommend considering the Stage2 intercooler upgrade. It does get HOT here in Texas and it's cheap insurance. Doesn't hurt that it's also helpful in the future if you want to turn up the boost. I know the $ starts adding up when you do all the little upgrades here and there, but in most cases everything is well worth it. Can't go wrong with P1X + the larger IC.

Since you're considering the ProCharger route and learning about everything needed to jump into FI, I'd recommend taking a look at ahl395's build log. He posted here a few replies back and has a link in his signature. Great stuff if you want to dive in and take a look at a clean build.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SSG 5.0

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
:thumbsup: Awesome. Terry is the man when it comes to this stuff. If you end up pulling the trigger on the HO, I would recommend considering the Stage2 intercooler upgrade. It does get HOT here in Texas and it's cheap insurance. Doesn't hurt that it's also helpful in the future if you want to turn up the boost. I know the $ starts adding up when you do all the little upgrades here and there, but in most cases everything is well worth it. Can't go wrong with P1X + the larger IC.

Since you're considering the ProCharger route and learning about everything needed to jump into FI, I'd recommend taking a look at ahl395's build log. He posted here a few replies back and has a link in his signature. Great stuff if you want to dive in and take a look at a clean build.
Yep he definitely did gave me a few pointers to look at along with everyone in this group. I’m going to buy it tomorrow and I’ll upgrade if it’s necessary. I’m going P-1X because it’s a better unit. Are you from Texas and what part? This car will idle most of the time in the garage lol.

Sponsored

SpaceCityS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Yep he definitely did gave me a few pointers to look at along with everyone in this group. I’m going to buy it tomorrow and I’ll upgrade if it’s necessary. I’m going P-1X because it’s a better unit. Are you from Texas and what part? This car will idle most of the time in the garage lol.
Buying tomorrow? Sounds great, be sure to post up some pics of your build when it's all wrapped up. I am from Texas and I'm in Houston.

OP
OP
SSG 5.0

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Buying tomorrow? Sounds great, be sure to post up some pics of your build when it's all wrapped up. I am from Texas and I'm in Houston.
Yep tomorrow and probably takes 2 weeks for completion. I do head down that direction once a month just to eat fried chicken at jollibee and it’s a 3 1/2 hr drive lol. High PSI owner studied tuning in Houston area. I was actually going to take my car to Serious HP down there but the price and distance are out range. I don’t know how good they’re though.

OP
OP
SSG 5.0

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Definitely going to send some pictures and damn excited to finally have a s/c. I was actually thinking to do nitrous again but the refill just kills me lol.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
Skip the BAP and put a DW400 in the tank. Less money, more reliable, no wiring involved, and the pump is designed to flow the extra fuel you need instead of overworking the stock pump.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Skip the BAP and put a DW400 in the tank. Less money, more reliable, no wiring involved, and the pump is designed to flow the extra fuel you need instead of overworking the stock pump.
I read about someone having warm start issues with the DW400 because of no check valve or something?
Sponsored