Sponsored

How much did you pay? What’s a deal? Handling Package?

JayAction

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
How much are you guys paying? I’m looking to get into a 2021 with the tech pack and handling pack. Is MSRP a good deal now, or should I be looking to get money off yet?

Are there any incentives/rebates?

How do you feel about the value of the $1500 handling package? I don’t intend to track this car (not yet at least) but I do like “spirited driving” on backroads.
Sponsored

2018Creamsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury GT Premium Vert
How much are you guys paying? I’m looking to get into a 2021 with the tech pack and handling pack. Is MSRP a good deal now, or should I be looking to get money off yet?

Are there any incentives/rebates?

How do you feel about the value of the $1500 handling package? I don’t intend to track this car (not yet at least) but I do like “spirited driving” on backroads.
Doubt you’re ever gonna do better than MSRP on a gt500. I’ve talked to a couple guys at car shows who said they paid MSRP and plenty guys on here said they've gotten MSRP deals. Most have paid at least some ADM. If you can find a dealer willing to sell at MSRP, I’d jump on it before somebody else does.

I‘m on a few lists to order a 22 at MSRP but at least a couple people have to back out before I get a chance to order. The best one at a local dealer I’m number 6 in line for 4 possible allocations. Hope you find one. MSRP deals are out there. Just hard to find.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Honestly unless someone shows me their sales paperwork I’m doubtful of those who said they paid MSRP. I wouldn’t hold your breath as the only known dealers who offer that have long since sold their allocations.
For a base model expect to pay around $5K over, if you get a lower offer take it and run as long as it has the options you want. Handling pack items can be added later and won’t cost you any more than the OEM price unless you decide to get fancy and go with carbon fiber.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
MSRP is possible but very scarce. I would probably pay an ADM if it was a GT500 exactly equipped the way I want
Agreed, I accepted it to get mine as it had everything I wanted and the next closest car that did was 1600 miles away.

Sponsored

Weazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, PP1, Royal Crimson. 2020 Exp ST
I've searched for several months, yes there are deals if your willing to wait. Most now are 10k or more above and maybe talked down to 7 or 5k above. I had one for 5 over pulled out from under me and and one at msrp that isn't even built yet that was pulled out from under me. So, you still have to deal with typical deal by. I got lucky and found one the exact color combo I wanted with the tech pack for 2500 over. Supposed to be here this week. I already have the handling pack parts sitting in the garage waiting.

Jason304

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350 2016 Ram 2500 2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I got lucky and happened to buy mine at the right time in the market. The dealership had 3 GT350’s. Two 19’s and the 20 that I bought. This was May 2020 and mine had been on the lot since January. The 19’s even longer. I didn’t even have to haggle to get it for nearly 5000 under msrp. Good luck getting a good deal now.

Cgouzoulis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
None
I paid MSRP... Granted, I know the owner very well. That being said, that was a rare thing last year. This year seems to be even tougher as stock is suffering from covid effects AND supply effects. I would think it would be near impossible for me to have pulled the MSRP deal off this year even with my relationship.

2018Creamsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury GT Premium Vert
I got lucky and happened to buy mine at the right time in the market. The dealership had 3 GT350’s. Two 19’s and the 20 that I bought. This was May 2020 and mine had been on the lot since January. The 19’s even longer. I didn’t even have to haggle to get it for nearly 5000 under msrp. Good luck getting a good deal now.
I had the same thing happen when I bought the wife her Raptor last year. It was the middle of the pandemic when cars were just sitting in inventory. We got a new leftover 19 for 10k under MSRP. Local dealer where we test drove a Raptor laughed at us when I attempted to negotiate. Sometimes you just get lucky.

Sponsored

P4mnceblue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500, Ranger
So I spent half a year last year calling over 50 dealers from the East to West coast. The BEST I was able to negotiate was 5k over. I did have leads on a few MSRP deals but the vehicles were not specd to my liking.

Without having a VERY good/personal relationship with a dealer..... It really depends on how picky you are with your specs. If you have certain packages, colors, etc that your set on then it will only make finding a MSRP deal even more difficult/borderline impossible.

If you are flexible and don't care about those things and willing to take any color/package combo then, if you put the work in, a MSRP deal can be found.

I personally was on the fence between 2 colors and was set on handling & tech packages with comfort seats. So I ended up ordering mine and paying the 5k ADM my dealer wanted for their allocation to get the car the way I wanted it.

As for handling package, I think it really makes the car "look" fantastic and couldn't imagine it otherwise. But, if the looks of all the aero bits don't matter or appeal to you and you don't plan to track, then maybe the money could be used towards ppf, ceramic, or something more useful/valuable to you.

Chris2020GT500

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.careeup.tech
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 / 2021 Jaguar SVR / 2019 TrackHawk
I paid MSRP and the handling package is a good option to add (I am sure others have highlighted the details). Although, I bought mine just before all the supply delays and used market increases began.

Good luck!

socal2fast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
MSRP
plus cost on ford Platinum 8/100,000 extended warranty and service plan.

plus $1700 shipping from the east coast to the west coast.

socal2fast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
what was the cost of the...

Ford Platinum 8/100,000 extended warranty and service plan.
I would have to look it all up. But it was about $7,000 total. With $100 detestable. Oil changes every 5000 miles with full synthetic oil
Sponsored