Sponsored

How much attention do you get with your car?

jwGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
m4
Hello M6g members,
Long time follower, 1st time posting. Currently in the market for a new car, still debating if I should go for the 350R vs. 350. Curious how much attention do you guys get when driving around town. Do you feel a more positive or negative feedback ?
Thank you.
JW
Sponsored

agentscreech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue GT350
350 still gets plenty of looks, can be had for $25-$30k cheaper, throw some light wheels and cup2's on it. Most people wont be able to tell the difference between the R and non-R with good wheels and tires.

Sure it's not as collectible and the values will hold a BIT better, but not for the $20k ADM that you'll pay.

I've never heard anything bad said about this car as of yet.

I've had people literally hang out the window trying to get a better look. Also I've had people try and keep up as I'm going through tunnel just to hear the exhaust.

It's an amazing car. Get a 350 unless you can find a miracle R at MSRP

Prowl647

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
YOU will get looks, thumbs up, and break necks. This car attracts attention on a daily basis. And I am not just talking about other enthusiasts. People who don't even understand the difference between a car and a bicycle will take note. They intrisincally know the 350 is something special. This is the first car I have owned that actually attracts the attention of women.

El Diablo

Made in USA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
The car attracts attention just about every time I take it out.
The exhaust screams look at me.

You get the occasional guy who thinks his Hyundai has magically transformed into a race car when he pulls up next you.

But for the most part it's people just admiring a bad @ss American sports car.

Having a bright color, racing stripes and the exhaust roaring when you pass by might not help either.

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
I get allot more attention in my R then I did with my base 350

Last edited:

Sponsored

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
People hanging out windows pulling out phones to take pictures and video, pulling alongside on the highway asking for a quick hit so they can hear it scream, gas stations.

Yesterday with the exhaust in quiet (6th) on the highway - state trooper walking from his car to another car he pulled over on the other side (opposing direction) of the highway staring at the R as he's approaching a traffic stop.

Pickup trucks will hear the exhaust and feel the need to show you how loud theirs is. Take off from a light too aggressively and surely some guy in a Honda or BMW will do a ricer flyby when they get the chance. Every modded Subaru I've come across wants to run - or hear it run.

Park at the back of a Walmart lot and when you come out at least one person will be watching you the whole way to see if that's your car.

On the highway you'll occasionally pick up horseflies that just want to ride with u

You'll get attention

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Here in NY suburbs and metro NY an occasional glance is given. I'd say 2 out of 10 around town rides illicit a thumbs up or comment; never negative.

When stuck in metro city traffic across the bridges you'll hear someone scream "Rev it!" or ask you to wind it up when they roll alongside.

I believe Cali has a stronger car culture for these types of vehicles so reactions will vary.

R will get more attention for sure from those in the know or people who like big ass wings. More rare and will hold value better but you'll be spending another $15-20k above a base 350.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I don't really care except for if it's a car person. Otherwise, the conversation goes like this:

Them: Nice Mustang
Me: Thanks - see ya later.

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I think this is going to be very location dependant. I had my track pack car for about a year. I had the occasional thumbs up or stare, every now and then someone at a gas station would ask if it was "some special edition" whilst looking directly at the GT350 badge..

I will say this, I took a road trip to Indianapolis and got more looks and thumbs up in a 30 minute drive during Saturday afternoon traffic than I ever did in Kentucky. My car was a track pack all white with no stripes which I'm sure kept a lower profile than some. I haven't got my R yet but I'd imagine being lb with black stripes will gather more attention on its own, which I don't really care for but I wanted the car this way.. so I'll live with it.

Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
If you are even considering an R you are behind the power curve. GET ON IT!! I am not one for attention as my first track pack was no stripes no black roof magnetic. I dont care about what anyone thinks about my car. My R, AG with black roof definitely is noticed much more probably because of the huge wing. I had a vehicle once follow me and record the car , lol, not cool!

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
It gets a lot of attention no matter where I go from mostly cars fans. They really love the looks of the AG color. I live in N. Virginia, so not many lovers of cars here near DC.

Kids love it and stop and point. It reminds me of myself as a kid loving the mustang of the 60s and telling myself...someday!

You can feel older people not wanting to look and admire it. For them, its like avoiding looking at a pretty girl. You stay in your lane with eyes forward. I catch people in traffic stopped next me looking at the GT350 behind the passenger front tire. I get a few yellow out compliments.

There are going to be jealous haters. You just ignore them.

:cheers:

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I dont think matters much. If you want people to see u, get a bright color.
I like the carbon bits on the R, but especially the lower ride and the big thing is the deafening exhaust.
Ive had the picture takers on the road, the video recorders, the guys that yell, 'lets hear it', the 'WOW awesome car' !, the kids that run beside it as say COOOL! Etc.
This car gets 50x the attention my 14 GT500 got. Its not nearly the brute, its just an awesome ride. Looks and driving pleasure.

GT350/BT55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Conv Pack Avalanche White Stripe
yes, people stare, thumbs up, video, etc.

I get more attention than the Pope-Mobile.
I live in NYC Metro area, I have seen maybe 2 on the road in a year and a half.
No R's either.

I get contact from all ages, but a lot of younger drivers. I am 56 so I guess I am probably not what they think they will see behind the wheel.

A guy in an M3 convertible rolled up beside me at a light the other day and said "dude that car is sick" and I said I wish I had his as well LOL. I had a black M3 that was a lot of fun.