How many winter drivers

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Do you realize the difference between a passenger sitting in the car during a drive, and putting a bag of concrete or whatever in the trunk all winter? Your wife doesn't sit in the car 24/7 for the whole winter, does she? She gets in the car, then when you arrive at your destination, she gets out. Do you see how that's different than putting something in the trunk and keeping it there non-stop for the duration of an entire winter?

Canada is north of those states.
A spring that is moving from weight being added and removed vs. having that same weight always on it will fail sooner. Doesn't matter if you leave your magazine full of rounds or empty but they will last longer than the one you cycle all the time. And north doesn't always mean more snow...
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I found that if I had good tires I didn't need weight in the back. I do think weight helps traction a little, though.

My reasons for not putting weight in the car (besides not thinking it's needed).
1. I'm lazy.
2. Damage/wear to the interior of the car.
3. In an accident, loose, heavy objects inside the car can become missiles that could injure me or others.

rsTOMod

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium PP1
OK, time to lighten the mood with a thread appropriate oldie but goodie ...

T1aoGavin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gavin
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
My 5.0’s my daily. Drive it every day, the Chicago winters pretty unforgiving but it’s doable. Just put on the Pirelli all seasons and drive smart

Sponsored

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
A square setup using 245/45R-19 Michelin Pilot Alpin 5 tires on 19x9 FP Boss 302 wheels. I have my 4x4 Tacoma for bad weather, but on nice days, I'll take the Mustang. I also drive it when our daughter visits from CA around Christmas. She takes my wife's Subaru, my wife takes my Tacoma, and I take the Mustang.

snow tires.jpg

That's interesting, anyone know what the GVWR actually is? Its got to be more the 600lbs considering the average male weighs 200lbs.
Maybe so, but there's no way on Earth you would ever get even three 200 pound males into a Mustang. At least, not if you wanted to subsequently get them out.

Last edited:

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
I drive mine about once a month in the winter. After a good rain to wash the salt away. I avoid rainy days too. I want it to last.

Sponsored

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Not really. Unless you are north of North Bay, Montana, North Dakota and most of the New England states are north of the southern half of Ontario. Feel free to check a map, but I do have a bachelor degree in geography.
Only if you have a liberal definition of "southern half" (by population, quite possibly; by area, not so much) and only if you put the words "parts of" in front of "most of".

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
Maybe so, but there's no way on Earth you would ever get even three 200 pound males into a Mustang. At least, not if you wanted to subsequently get them out.
I've done it! Well, I'm 199 but I don't remember if I pooped so 200 lbs it is! My buddy had to lay on his side, though, in the back. Definitely wouldn't do it if it wasn't a jog across town. And everyone got out without issues. Both are also over 6 ft, as opposed to my little 5'9 butt. Cars like this make me glad I'm not tall. I struggle getting in and out, on my garage, as is.
Sponsored