Sponsored

How many things can you power off of the dome light power wire?

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost
I'm looking to install OPT7 Aura Pro footwell lighting kit in which I will be tapping into the dome light power wire to have the footwell LEDs come on when I open the door. However, I'm also wanting to install illuminated door sills in which I will also have to tap into the dome light power wire so that they come on when I open the doors as well. Will splicing in these two things be too much for using that one source? Sort of a noob when it comes to wiring
Sponsored

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost
You will have to find the amperage of the lights you want to use. Most likely it will but they make some higher power leds you need to find out their draw amperage before hand.
How would I find how many amps the dome light power wire is able to handle?

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Magnetic, 2011 Nissan quest
hey OP, look at this video at around the 3:58 mark

This is what I used for my door sills.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost
hey OP, look at this video at around the 3:58 mark

This is what I used for my door sills.
Yessir this is what I was wanting to tap into. My question was if this circuit could handle powering the sills as well as a footwell lighting kit that would also turn on when I open the door

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Magnetic, 2011 Nissan quest
I had both my sills and footwell lights on this circuit and it powered them both. I moved the foot well lights to another circuit because I wanted them running while the car was on. With this circuit they would all go off when the door was closed. There is a heated mirror thread I had posted my solution to keeping the footwell lights on at night with the door closed

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/conversations/blis-install.568529/page-2#convMessage-728528

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost
I had both my sills and footwell lights on this circuit and it powered them both. I moved the foot well lights to another circuit because I wanted them running while the car was on. With this circuit they would all go off when the door was closed. There is a heated mirror thread I had posted my solution to keeping the footwell lights on at night with the door closed

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/conversations/blis-install.568529/page-2#convMessage-728528
Cool! The footwell light kit I bought has it where you also tap into an accessory fuse in the fuse box but also a signal wire that you’re supposed to tap into the dome light power so you get both
Sponsored