Sponsored

How many test-drive miles on a new manual car is your limit?

OP
OP

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Hey, didn't expect this thread to stay alive this long. Ha ha. Only 330 miles on my new Bullitt, but looking forward to taking it on another canyon drive soon. My battery is toast, and luckily, selling dealer agreed to exchange it for me (I'll do it myself in their parking lot, so I don't have to wait). I was going to buy an AGM myself, but surprisingly, they don't exist in 96R size. So if it's going to be another wet cell, might as well get a free new OEM :D.

At any rate, no issues with the car so far that made me think about the 66 miles on the clock except ONE, which I hope it has nothing to do with those test-drives. When pulling the car into my tight garage the last 2 feet or so, which I do without using the gas pedal (the engine raises idle itself a little bit, as you all know by now), I can feel a little bit of chatter. I don't get it when launching normally, so not concerned about the clutch being bad, but what is it? Do other manual GT/Bullitts do that? I just felt it twice, and just for a moment, so can't really give you more info on that, but will keep an eye on it, and if it persists, try to be able to duplicate it at will, so I can describe it better. Hopefully something 'normal', so I don't have to worry about it. Ha ha. But other than that, the car is fantastic. I'm in chemos now, so haven't been able to use it much. But had my last one yesterday (of the 2nd last cycle, so still one more cycle to go at the end of June), and I'm feeling better already, so will start driving it soon :D. Thanks gang.
Sponsored