Sponsored

How many test-drive miles on a new manual car is your limit?

ShadowPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP2, 2003 SVT Cobra, 1940 Ford Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
My selling dealer would not allow me even to test drive her but she had 27.8 miles on her kinda had to scratch my head on that one. And I’m a huge customer to them being I purchased a ton of vehicles from them. But nope no test drive and even asked the salesman why then 27 miles on her and of course the blank look :)
FE06B20C-5270-4494-85D4-58869C2E2071.jpeg
7EAB028A-45F8-47A9-83C4-E5D3C3CF67F3.jpeg
No test drive? If your a 16 year old who looks like he just wants to smoke the tires I could understand but otherwise that would turn me off that dealership. Curious if you got it too?
Sponsored

308 Cal. Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 + other 2/4/& 6 wheeled trash barges
My dealer CLAIMS they are supposed to do like a 7 miles test drive on each new car before sale to make sure its all good, by a mechanic.
Didnt ask if thats internet sale only or all cars..

My Bullitt had 14.x, miles,
& they swear its NEVER been test driven by a potential customer. LOL. OK...
Do i believe it.. not sure.
I thk they ( dealership/sales)
would say all 14+ miles were done by Edsel Ford jr/III himself, if it helped sell the car That day.

I suppose a salesman doing a test drive on any 1-3mile car, 1st time or 2,
gets the nod in most cases
< to alert staff to any real issues?? Im guessing >
if it were to become an issue after purchase,
and say the car clearly had a defect easily noticed..if only tested 1st before leaving.
Now. Is any of that true?
a dealership specific requirement only, like internal policy..hav no idea. Sales manager saud its required. 7 miles.. by them..if nobody else drives it and its an internet sale, leaving town.
Id believe that..

As business owner, i wouldn't risk shipping a car w/nobody testing it for 10 min. Well. Thats a lie.
< but i do test drive slower race cars on certain isdues of repair, like rear tire roll outs being out of spec on delta variant.>
And would do each race car myself,
if my clients would alllow a 200+ mph -1/4 mile test drive of each car that leaves our facility by someone who didnt psy the tab, on an unisurable machine.. we can get insurance on up too 7.50 ET pretty easy. But thats on track at sanctioned events in most cases.

1 trip home by sales manager, 1 evening,
and ur at ~30 miles round trip, easily.

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,
No test drive? If your a 16 year old who looks like he just wants to smoke the tires I could understand but otherwise that would turn me off that dealership. Curious if you got it too?
Yeah I took her and not overly concerned but like you said HUH you got to be kidding me and it was on the showroom floor so part of me said that was the real issue.

ShadowPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP2, 2003 SVT Cobra, 1940 Ford Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I took her and not overly concerned but like you said HUH you got to be kidding me and it was on the showroom floor so part of me said that was the real issue.
Yeah, Ive seen some showrooms that aren't easy to get cars out of but for a possible sale.....
Anyhow, Congrats on the Bullitt. She's sweet!!

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
My selling dealer would not allow me even to test drive her but she had 27.8 miles on her kinda had to scratch my head on that one. And I’m a huge customer to them being I purchased a ton of vehicles from them. But nope no test drive and even asked the salesman why then 27 miles on her and of course the blank look :)
FE06B20C-5270-4494-85D4-58869C2E2071.jpeg
7EAB028A-45F8-47A9-83C4-E5D3C3CF67F3.jpeg
Forget about the 27 miles and make them replace that decklid sans their crappy logo...

Sponsored

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,
Just need to change that tag holder now :clap:
I always have the dealer remove all their 'stuff'. No free advertising here. LOL
Totally agree and I always keep the dealer frame on till the permanent plate comes in.
E1AEB1B8-6FFE-4E45-BD4D-D345FF5055DA.jpeg

hemistar1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2, 2017 F-150
O.P: Unless you catch the truck unloading a car it's going to have some test driven miles on it. The longer the dealer has it the more short trip test drive it'll have.

This ^^^...my 2007 GT California special was coming in on the carrier just as I was about to ink a deal for a 2007 Convertible V6. I stopped the deal and choose the coupe ..only had 2 miles.. dealer drove it for A gas fill and brought it back with 12 miles. Say whaaaaatttt?? :frown: The gas station was across the street.

My 2019 GT has 121 miles.. my 2015 GT about 7 miles.... these cars have great warranties to cover you do I wasn’t worried about the 19 as it set on the dealer lot for about 5 months.

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
My GT has 136 because the dealership drove it 95miles across state. Have had it 2 years. Never a single issue. Realized then it really doesn’t matter As long as you. Buy from the right dealership. My car is black too and zero noticeable flaws day I bought the car. Looks even better today after I paint corrected and ceramic coated.

Sponsored

uberranger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ranger
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang
I picked up a 2019 Bullitt that had been on the lot 355 days and had 19 miles on it.

308 Cal. Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 + other 2/4/& 6 wheeled trash barges
I picked up a 2019 Bullitt that had been on the lot 355 days and had 19 miles on it.
^^^^^^^^
Looks like you got a nice car!! Congrats!

I'm liking the DHG & Red calipers more and more every day.

Wanted a black car and nearly had a deal done..but squashed it after they added $5k onto final papers to be signed. Said it was computer error.
Uhhhhuh..ok..

Your car Sounds similar to ourDHG
'19 Bullitt.
On lot over 1 yr, as they turned down $5200 OVER MSRP once, bk in the good times of early '19.
Had 14 miles till the porter filled it up before delivery to us, and put 7 miles more rnd trip to the station down the road.

Premium put in, yes. $1.78 US then. Ethanol free, doubtful.

Lucky to find a '19 w/every option, except Recaro seats, @ 21 miles delivered, ( we wanted standard seats, as I can always install a non heat/AC racing seat later.

Out the door, @ $42k dead even- $US

Gotta pay sales tax on that #.
& ~ $35 for plates.
Bullitt cars are a great buy right now in some areas.

It's more than just a Premium GT car, w/PP1, mag ride, leather, Navi, heated/ac interior, decent stereo, Bullitt Car cover, decent tires/whls, in dark green..

Cool it's a Bullitt , no doubt, if u dig that.

Cooler yet was the pricing & free delivery.

ANYONE, ,PM me, IF looking to get new Bullitt, @ 31 miles, yes new, on lot , all options but Recaro seats, & no Ford car cover, in Shadow Black exterior,
not DHGreen, w/brand new battery.

Was offered to us @ $42,480, someone might do better now.
Bout 18% off MSRP . If U like Black.
I thk it's a pretty car myself.
Posted Window sticker of Black car for sale.

Congratulations again on your new ride!!
20200531_143844.jpg

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Mine had ~4, but I ordered it. For this type of car I would never buy used, but if you have to, 66 is not bad for a car sitting on the lot for a while.
You beat me. Mine had 5.6.

AGM2018

Very nice! May I be "nosy" and ask what you paid for it? MSRP and the final "On The Road" price? Thanks!
Sponsored