Sponsored

How many S550 Owners don't use all the Tech available to them in their S550?

kmetz77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Conv. 16 Cadi SRX 18 Cadi XT5
ive got a 19' vert premium. did not come with shaker. I was thinking of upgrading, i may see if I can find set in my area from an upgrade. Does it include a sub in the trunk?
in 16 the subwoofer came with the Shaker sytem. I looked at newer ones that had the shaker, but no sub in the trunk, so I think it was optional. I wouldn't recommend getting it without the sub. I absolutely love the sound with the sub.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I have to confess I didn't use or trust the backup camera. But I have gotten used to it, so I use it along with the old fashioned way of looking. I'd probably miss it.

I really wish navigation was more accurate in urban areas. There have a number of times I was looking for a downtown Milwaukee restaurant and the navigation showed me in Lake Michigan.

Rev68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Iā€™m a lot like you in terms of SYNC use.
move never used track apps either.

Love my cooled seats though. šŸ˜† Just wish they cooled my back too.

I very rarely switch driving modes or steering feel but that may change as I move into an auto.

Totally forgot about my sunglasses drawer for like 5 years. šŸ™ƒ
Sunglass drawer/key holder.

Sponsored

Cruizer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I love Android Auto in the car. Occasionally I change what mode I'm in when driving, if it gets spirited. I set up my color sync once to make it the way I like it. I do use the track apps occasionally. I had to have heated seats and cooled was even better.

I rarely use the paddle shifters. I feel the automatic does better than I can with the tune.

I'd say I use most of the tech on a regular basis. But I don't sit around in my car and fiddle with shit lol.

R3G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500 TRX, 2020 Shelby GT350
in 16 the subwoofer came with the Shaker sytem. I looked at newer ones that had the shaker, but no sub in the trunk, so I think it was optional. I wouldn't recommend getting it without the sub. I absolutely love the sound with the sub.
Sub in the trunk comes with B&O audio upgrade. Itā€™s included in the Mach1 Elite package or a la carte for GT for about $1K. I feel like it should be included in 401A. Made sure it got added to my order.

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun wagon, '92 240SX, '08 Evo, '20 Mustang GT
Iv never used any of the voice command stuff on my cars.
We have voice command stuff? I guess I'll add that to the list of gadgets I haven't used.

I've left the steering in Sport mode since Day 2.

I turned off the "hill start assist" the day I realized it worked through the brakes. It's really heavy-handed and my drive to work is easier without it.

I haven't used launch control, or most of the other Track Apps.

I've tried to use the line lock and keep getting the same error message over and over. I've tried to ask what's wrong and, and I guess I haven't asked in the right part of the forum yet. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Line Lock error message.PNG

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Once my car tried to talk to me because I pushed a wrong button on the steering wheel. I nearly pulled over and shot it.
No kidding.

In the unlikely event I feel the need to be castigated by a vehicle Iā€™ll borrow my wifeā€™s Subie. They should really change itā€˜s name from Ascent to Dominatrix. Sheā€™s short tempered and easily offended.

19gtMD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aj
Vehicle(s)
19 Gt premium
Only thing i havent used since owning the car is the line lock.

Sponsored

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
Free to first person who wants it: the entire synch system. Ridiculous that you have to remember key phrases and words . Google Assistant gets it nine out of 10 times, synch gets it zero times .The navigation system is garbageā€¦Google maps is very easy. They should use that as the base system.

wynand32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT California Special
This seems like a fun thread. My Mustang is definitely packed with more "features" than any car I've owned before.

Features I'll definitely use:
1. B&O audio system. I like quality sound, which is why I have a set of excellent speakers in my family room and a variety of high-quality wired and wireless headphones. There's no reason why my car should be any different. So far I'm happy with the sound system, especially when Bluetooth streaming Tidal via my Android phone.
2. Active exhaust. I have mine set to "Quiet" mode between 10pm and 8am, ONLY because the neighbors directly to my right are nice and have kids. If it weren't for them, I'd be starting up as loudly as I could. This is one of my must-have features and I plan to take advantage of it.
3. Navi. I know, I could navigate myself with a map and compass, but then I could also be driving a horse and buggy. The Mustang's navi is fine (although I wouldn't have specifically ordered it separately, probably), and I can always plug in and use Google Navigation from my phone if I find it problematic. I do like how the sound is integrated with everything else so it adjusts music and various beeps accordingly. Not sure if it would be as seamless with my phone.
4. Google Auto integration. See #3.
5. Safety features. Things like lane assist, backup sensors, emergency braking, etc. are nice to have and seem like a no-brainer to keep turned on. I'm a good driver, but I've gotten distracted before and had to slam on my brakes to avoid rear-ending a Mercedes going 45 mph. So having the car give me a hand is a good thing, IMO. The cross-traffic alert seems particularly important given the prevalence of SUVs.
6. Auto headlight high beams and auto rain-sensing wipers. So far, I've found the auto high beams feature to work as well as I'd do it manually, so that's been nice. I didn't even know I had it the first time I drove at night, and it was nice to discover. I'm in Southern California, so no rain yet to test the auto rain-sensing wipers, but I'm sure they'll work fine.

Features I'm not sure about:
1. Driving modes. I haven't played around with these yet, given that I'm at just 350 miles and I'm trying not to go crazy for the first 1,000 miles. I'm not sure how often I'll dial these in, given that so far I've enjoyed the car even in normal mode. It's quicker/better handling than any car I've owned and I've been very conservative in my driving.
2. Gauges. I'll likely never take this thing to the track or drive it as aggressively as it's capable. I bought it because it looks great, sounds awesome, and provides quick acceleration. I've never been all that interested in thrashing through curves and such or drag racing. So, I'm unlikely to really pay all that much attention to the really detailed gauges unless I have a problem.
3. Heated/cooled seats. I use the cooled seats and find them merely adequate. They're not enough to overcome the SoCal sun, so their usefulness is questionable. I rarely have an opportunity to use heated seats.
4. Backup camera. Maybe I'll get used to it, but I still look over my shoulder when backing up.
5. Launch control, etc. See #2. Who knows, maybe I'll get a wild hair at some point, but for now I doubt I'll make much use of these things.

Features I'll probably never use.
1. Apple Carplay. I'll never own an iPhone, so that's worthless to me.
2. XM radio. I like my own playlists and streaming "radio" stations. XM radio seems like a real anachronism today.
3. TPMS readings. I haven't found these to be terribly accurate, so I'll stick to a manual gauge.
4. Voice controls. These just aren't accurate enough to be anything but frustrating. It's not a knock on Ford's system, though, because I feel the same way about all voice assistants.

If I've forgotten anything, let me know and I'll comment.

kmetz77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Conv. 16 Cadi SRX 18 Cadi XT5
This seems like a fun thread. My Mustang is definitely packed with more "features" than any car I've owned before.

Features I'll definitely use:
1. B&O audio system. I like quality sound, which is why I have a set of excellent speakers in my family room and a variety of high-quality wired and wireless headphones. There's no reason why my car should be any different. So far I'm happy with the sound system, especially when Bluetooth streaming Tidal via my Android phone.
2. Active exhaust. I have mine set to "Quiet" mode between 10pm and 8am, ONLY because the neighbors directly to my right are nice and have kids. If it weren't for them, I'd be starting up as loudly as I could. This is one of my must-have features and I plan to take advantage of it.
3. Navi. I know, I could navigate myself with a map and compass, but then I could also be driving a horse and buggy. The Mustang's navi is fine (although I wouldn't have specifically ordered it separately, probably), and I can always plug in and use Google Navigation from my phone if I find it problematic. I do like how the sound is integrated with everything else so it adjusts music and various beeps accordingly. Not sure if it would be as seamless with my phone.
4. Google Auto integration. See #3.
5. Safety features. Things like lane assist, backup sensors, emergency braking, etc. are nice to have and seem like a no-brainer to keep turned on. I'm a good driver, but I've gotten distracted before and had to slam on my brakes to avoid rear-ending a Mercedes going 45 mph. So having the car give me a hand is a good thing, IMO. The cross-traffic alert seems particularly important given the prevalence of SUVs.
6. Auto headlight high beams and auto rain-sensing wipers. So far, I've found the auto high beams feature to work as well as I'd do it manually, so that's been nice. I didn't even know I had it the first time I drove at night, and it was nice to discover. I'm in Southern California, so no rain yet to test the auto rain-sensing wipers, but I'm sure they'll work fine.

Features I'm not sure about:
1. Driving modes. I haven't played around with these yet, given that I'm at just 350 miles and I'm trying not to go crazy for the first 1,000 miles. I'm not sure how often I'll dial these in, given that so far I've enjoyed the car even in normal mode. It's quicker/better handling than any car I've owned and I've been very conservative in my driving.
2. Gauges. I'll likely never take this thing to the track or drive it as aggressively as it's capable. I bought it because it looks great, sounds awesome, and provides quick acceleration. I've never been all that interested in thrashing through curves and such or drag racing. So, I'm unlikely to really pay all that much attention to the really detailed gauges unless I have a problem.
3. Heated/cooled seats. I use the cooled seats and find them merely adequate. They're not enough to overcome the SoCal sun, so their usefulness is questionable. I rarely have an opportunity to use heated seats.
4. Backup camera. Maybe I'll get used to it, but I still look over my shoulder when backing up.
5. Launch control, etc. See #2. Who knows, maybe I'll get a wild hair at some point, but for now I doubt I'll make much use of these things.

Features I'll probably never use.
1. Apple Carplay. I'll never own an iPhone, so that's worthless to me.
2. XM radio. I like my own playlists and streaming "radio" stations. XM radio seems like a real anachronism today.
3. TPMS readings. I haven't found these to be terribly accurate, so I'll stick to a manual gauge.
4. Voice controls. These just aren't accurate enough to be anything but frustrating. It's not a knock on Ford's system, though, because I feel the same way about all voice assistants.

If I've forgotten anything, let me know and I'll comment.
I love the adaptive cruise. Not as effective with the manual transmission, but I still use it all the time. The blind spot monitoring has also helped me as well.

wynand32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT California Special
I love the adaptive cruise. Not as effective with the manual transmission, but I still use it all the time. The blind spot monitoring has also helped me as well.
Ah, yes, forgot about that one. Probably because I have yet to take the Mustang on any longer road trips on the freeway. That's one I'll most likely use. And yeah, I lumped blind spot monitoring into the safety features portion, but I like it so much I want to upgrade my wife's Pilot to get it for her.

Kz mustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2021 grabber yellow GT
Vehicle Showcase
I got a base model gt 6 speed and have never tuned the radio on hahahah

20221007_150658.jpg
Sponsored