Sponsored

How many S550 Owners don't use all the Tech available to them in their S550?

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I ordered the 300A, I don’t need all the tech in my Mustang (except the active exhaust, that was a must have for me). I’m buying it for the performance, my wife’s SUV has all the tech, good sound system, etc.
Sponsored

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
So with vehicles getting more and more burdened with "tech", I was curious to know how many S550 Owners don't even utilize all (or even half) of the available "tech" they either opted for when buying new (or what came with their "used" S550)?

For instance, for me with the 8" SYNC system, the only thing I use is the BT feature to stream music off my phone.

Aside from the embedded HVAC/stereo controls in SYNC, I don't use ANY other available features, Apps or functions of SYNC at all - not even for "hands free" use for externally connected device. Hell, I also never updated it from its As Built operating system (even though I have participated in the large SYNC update thread).

I also don't use many of the other features from the in dash menu... including the My Color, Track menus, etc.

Who's next.... LOL
Basically the same with me. My modem is shut off because I do not wanna be harassed I do not use Ford synch I do not use Ford Pass I bought the car to drive it I wish they had an option to delete all the crap and give me credit for it. Hell I don’t even use the navigation system because it’s so slow and god-awful compared to Google maps.

Sponsored

Mark Arnold

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark Arnold
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT FN Mustang Manual
So with vehicles getting more and more burdened with "tech", I was curious to know how many S550 Owners don't even utilize all (or even half) of the available "tech" they either opted for when buying new (or what came with their "used" S550)?

For instance, for me with the 8" SYNC system, the only thing I use is the BT feature to stream music off my phone.

Aside from the embedded HVAC/stereo controls in SYNC, I don't use ANY other available features, Apps or functions of SYNC at all - not even for "hands free" use for externally connected device. Hell, I also never updated it from its As Built operating system (even though I have participated in the large SYNC update thread).

I also don't use many of the other features from the in dash menu... including the My Color, Track menus, etc.

Who's next.... LOL
I love using the adaptive cruise control in low speed school zones. It's like hitting the pit lane speed limiter!🤩

Murffeus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Vert
I use all of the tech with mine. Some more often than others. Mycolor set to blue, along with ambient lighting. Drive in sport+ mode most of the time, track mode occasionally. wet mode does work well when it's raining. Love SYNC. use the nav with traffic, siriusxm, bluetooth. Wish the windows in the vert were auto up as well as auto down. also love the adaptive cruise and blind spot monitoring. Even though I bought used, I specifically searched for the shaker audio, adaptive cruise, blind spot monitoring, heated and cooled seats, and rain sensing wipers.

I'll admit to being a techie. the 16 platinum explorer I had came with massage seats and auto high beams. Wouldn't have complained if they were available in the Mustang.
ive got a 19' vert premium. did not come with shaker. I was thinking of upgrading, i may see if I can find set in my area from an upgrade. Does it include a sub in the trunk?

Murffeus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Vert
I use most of the tech in mine. Android auto sometimes but im thinking about setting up a wireless charger and just using bluetooth. I like the built in nav a lot and the dash direction readout with the the digital dash (doesnt work with android/apple directions)

sirben711

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Ecoboost 10R80 w/ FP Tune
I feel like I am twice my actual age....

Heres a list of everything I DO NOT USE:

No Satnav or anything else on the screen (except for back up cam)
No radio
No USB charger
No cruise control
Etc.

I have looked into disabling Ford's co-pilot 360 and all the other stupid auto braking and pre-crash warnings (that go off all the bloody time)

After finding my initial seat position I have never touched the adjustments (why is it electric? Mechanical would have been lighter and simpler)

I also rarely use the the AC

This will be controversial: I ALWAYS turn off the TC / Advance track as soon as I start the car.

------------------------------------

The drive toggles are nice though.

I always have the TPMS screen up

I just want a fast, simple, light weight, reliable car. Like my old base 2017 V6 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 I miss that car so so much :brokenheart: My current ecoboost, automatic, nanny state, with the stupid big touch screen has been an utter unreliable nightmare.

Not a fan of where cars are going in the future.

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
The most advanced thing I use is turning off the AdvanceTrac. Is it tech to turn it off?

Sponsored

murphyslaww

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Cayman, 2023 Lighning
CAM-C autocrosser that has never used any of the track functions on my ‘15… and advancedTrac get’s turned off every run.
A47C7338-E519-4A88-B606-21354C4E2F87.jpeg

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2012 Honda Fit Sport
I pretty much use most of what it was equipped with at purchase. I use the adaptive cruise a lot, rain sense wipers, lane keeping warning (don't use the auto steer to bring it back to the lane), audio controls on the steering wheel as well as hands-free phone controls on the wheel and leave traction control on all the time. I've used Track Apps a couple of times to see if times improved as mileage was put on the engine (only got 3300 miles now). I don't use the auto headlights nor the auto dimming as I rarely take the car out at night (hate it when I have to clean off the "bug splatter" over the front of the car). I only use the rear camera and proximity warning when I'm in a tight place as I haven't yet been comfortable using the guide lines on the backup display; I always "miss" getting it in the center of the stall.

Millarduck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT; 2016 Jeep GC Limited; 2014 Honda Accord Touring; former 1966 Mustang Coupe- Sprint Edition
I like the Ford Pass app. I like to see my tire pressure, oil life, gas level, service records/appts., remote start, locking functions- all on my phone. I have a newer Lexus which has a similair app, but I will have to pay for it in a few years. Ford giving us that app is cool, and if you haven't tried it, you should. Otherwise I use the My Mode set to Sport+, Apple carplay, seat warmer/cooler, XM, my color, heated steering wheel, and use the gauge option (oil, volt, vacuum). Don't have use for the track apps as it's a vert cruiser.

Linkster1666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase
Nice data farming attempt, or I'm I late on that thought.
Sponsored