Sponsored

How many S550 Owners don't use all the Tech available to them in their S550?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
So with vehicles getting more and more burdened with "tech", I was curious to know how many S550 Owners don't even utilize all (or even half) of the available "tech" they either opted for when buying new (or what came with their "used" S550)?

For instance, for me with the 8" SYNC system, the only thing I use is the BT feature to stream music off my phone.

Aside from the embedded HVAC/stereo controls in SYNC, I don't use ANY other available features, Apps or functions of SYNC at all - not even for "hands free" use for externally connected device. Hell, I also never updated it from its As Built operating system (even though I have participated in the large SYNC update thread).

I also don't use many of the other features from the in dash menu... including the My Color, Track menus, etc.

Who's next.... LOL
Sponsored

piersonriley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pierson
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT MT82 in Antimatter Blue
I use the sound settings quite often since I live in a quieter neighborhood. MyColor makes the UI feel refreshed now and then. The track apps are nice if you like to calculate that data, such as 0-60. Plug in my phone and listen to some nice music off of CarPlay.

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
I use the tech... the gauges 'cause LED, the modes buttons for Sport+, Track or Normal, the Sync 3 for heating/cooling plus knobs. Changing the Exhaust modes, yes on the My Color and MyMode settings. The cooled/heated seats (tho the cooling is weak ass), the different gauges for track days, the TPMS for checking tires and really glad for the Magnaride tech that tweaks my suspension and that dumb Apple Car play for calls, msgs and more hands free. But here's the thing, I'm a tech weenie for a living too.

Sponsored

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
I have at least tried everything in my car with the exception of drag mode. I mostly use carplay, but also use the sync system from time to time if I'm driving the wife around (she likes sirius radio). I don't use the HVAC stuff for the most part, just leave it on auto. I change the mycolor from time to time to change things up. Don't use the track apps much, but would if I were to do an event of some sort.

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
Really that many people feel the seats cooling is weak? Mine are good.
There was another thread on this, from the posts it looks like the majority of us with the option think the Ford Mustang cooled seats are lame. I've driven other cooled seat cars of less value that do the job way better.

Ruin

Scouts Out!
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.froglevelbrewing.com
Vehicle(s)
15: GT/PP - TY
I’m a lot like you in terms of SYNC use.
move never used track apps either.

Love my cooled seats though. 😆 Just wish they cooled my back too.

I very rarely switch driving modes or steering feel but that may change as I move into an auto.

Totally forgot about my sunglasses drawer for like 5 years. 🙃

Sponsored

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Rubicon, 2019 Bullitt
I dont pair my phone with my cars.

Fully committed to driving, not trying to talk or text anyone.

I use mycolor(green of course for dash and ambient)have my setting (track everything but sport exhaust, lol)quiet mode is setup. T/C off.

For music, i have a usb with all my stuff on it. One in each car, and a micro sd in the phone with it

Reverse camera I use, lol, ac controls, heated/cooled seats. I ditched the heated steering wheel when I swapped to a CF wheel.

Tpms to keep an eye on tire pressure.

I use the alarm, one touch up/down. The key fob window roll down. Keyless entry. Rofl

Havnt used the track app stuff yet, or the drag mode and line lock.

Bought the car to drive it, not fux around with apps and shiz, lol

I also forgot about the sunglass drawer!

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
In terms of safety I think cross traffic is great. I’ve been in a parking spot between two trucks (not by choice) and it really helps backing out

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Rubicon, 2019 Bullitt
Really that many people feel the seats cooling is weak? Mine are good.
I also find mine to work well, i hate the sound they make though, so if I do run them, its on setting 1. Very glad to have them

kmetz77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Conv. 16 Cadi SRX 18 Cadi XT5
I use all of the tech with mine. Some more often than others. Mycolor set to blue, along with ambient lighting. Drive in sport+ mode most of the time, track mode occasionally. wet mode does work well when it's raining. Love SYNC. use the nav with traffic, siriusxm, bluetooth. Wish the windows in the vert were auto up as well as auto down. also love the adaptive cruise and blind spot monitoring. Even though I bought used, I specifically searched for the shaker audio, adaptive cruise, blind spot monitoring, heated and cooled seats, and rain sensing wipers.

I'll admit to being a techie. the 16 platinum explorer I had came with massage seats and auto high beams. Wouldn't have complained if they were available in the Mustang.

BabyDoc1012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sierra, ‘21 Expedition, ‘22 Mach 1
I use most of the tech in mine, love the adaptive cruise, and the cross traffic, especially after I’ve driven my sierra a lot. The cooled seats work amazing in mine. I thought me sierra’s worked good until I got the mustang. Thankfully they aren’t as loud as my wife’s expedition.
Sponsored