Sponsored

How many of you purchased a "Golden Ticket" GT500 of the showroom?

BoostinFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor
Sorry, if this topic has been beat to death, but I have a chance to purchase a "Golden Ticket" GT500 for MSRP. The only issue is, I do not like the painted stripes on it. Currently, the dealer is asking 10k over, but since I've purchased from them before, They'll sell it to me at MSRP.

I really like this car... I've had 2 GT350R's before... The only thing, that's hard to swallow, is the 10k Painted stripes. I was hoping to find a CFTP one without the stripes, or at least a vinyl ones, but it seems that would have been a tough one, especially at MSRP. Just curious if anyone else did the same thing and got caught in the whole "spur of the moment" thing and ended up getting it :)

Thanks!
Sponsored

Saratoga87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Shelby
Sorry, if this topic has been beat to death, but I have a chance to purchase a "Golden Ticket" GT500 for MSRP. The only issue is, I do not like the painted stripes on it. Currently, the dealer is asking 10k over, but since I've purchased from them before, They'll sell it to me at MSRP.

I really like this car... I've had 2 GT350R's before... The only thing, that's hard to swallow, is the 10k Painted stripes. I was hoping to find a CFTP one without the stripes, or at least a vinyl ones, but it seems that would have been a tough one, especially at MSRP. Just curious if anyone else did the same thing and got caught in the whole "spur of the moment" thing and ended up getting it :)

Thanks!
This is the first CFTP I've ever heard of going for MSRP.
If it's the color stripe you don't like, then see if your dealer can find one WO the stripes.
If it's the added $10K, I'd bite the bullet on that one. You most likely won't find another one at that price. When it comes time to part ways, at MSRP, you'll get most of your money back.
By the way, what color combo is it?

OP
OP
BoostinFD

BoostinFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor
If it's the color stripe you don't like, then see if your dealer can find one WO the stripes.
If it's the added $10K, I'd bite the bullet on that one. You most likely won't find another one at that price. When it comes time to part ways, at MSRP, you'll get most of your money back.
By the way, what color combo is it?
Thanks for the reply. This car was a special order for another customer that, eventually, got tired of waiting and purchased another one. It's a black with Kona Blue painted stripe.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
When it comes time to part ways, at MSRP, you'll get most of your money back.
This. You really can't go wrong here unless you just can't stand the color/stripe combination.

Sponsored

Tacswa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt - Shadow Black

Thanks!
I got caught up "in the spur of the moment" on a regular 2020 GT convert. back in March. regretted the convert. and the A10 tranny, so traded it for a Bullitt not long after. I learned a lesson, get what you really want.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Clayton: My guess is, there simply were not very many Golden Ticket cars in showrooms in 2020 as I feel sure the vast majority were pre-ordered by customers not inventory managers. A lot of folks saw this car coming and got in line as soon as the order banks opened just as you will see for '21.

But, back to the topic...I agree with Tom, if you can get a Track Pack with painted stripes in any color combination for MSRP, run, don't walk and get it before someone else does because that fact is a certainty. That car WILL sell...for how much comes down to the finish line but if you're into this car like all the rest of us here, buy it, you will be very glad you did.

OP
OP
BoostinFD

BoostinFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor
Clayton: My guess is, there simply were not very many Golden Ticket cars in showrooms in 2020 as I feel sure the vast majority were pre-ordered by customers not inventory managers. A lot of folks saw this car coming and got in line as soon as the order banks opened just as you will see for '21.

But, back to the topic...I agree with Tom, if you can get a Track Pack with painted stripes in any color combination for MSRP, run, don't walk and get it before someone else does because that fact is a certainty. That car WILL sell...for how much comes down to the finish line but if you're into this car like all the rest of us here, buy it, you will be very glad you did.
Thanks! After talking to the GM, now they’re back pedaling about the msrp deal... oh well. It’s okay. There will be another. Thanks for all the input. Moving on.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Thanks! After talking to the GM, now they’re back pedaling about the msrp deal... oh well. It’s okay. There will be another. Thanks for all the input. Moving on.
End of month/end of year. If you show up ready to make a deal near the end of December, you will drive away with it.

Your call.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BoostinFD

BoostinFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor
End of month/end of year. If you show up ready to make a deal near the end of December, you will drive away with it.

Your call.
Thanks Tom. I figured as much... I’ll circle back Monday... If it’s still available. We’ll see... I’ll update the thread next week if anything changes.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
Thanks for the reply. This car was a special order for another customer that, eventually, got tired of waiting and purchased another one. It's a black with Kona Blue painted stripe.
That color combo is sharp, I'd do it at MSRP

dom418

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(2) 20 HEP-R, 20 Velocity Blue 350R, 20 Lime 350R
I know of 2.

To the OP I know the price on the painted stripes is hard to swallow but I think it is the only way to go. The vinyl stripes are not the best quality and I think your car will be easier to sell down the road if it has the painted stripes.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
A pity but not a soul here is surprised, Clayton. Good luck.
Your latest avatar.....

She's a little over dressed, don't you think?

438746987.jpg