Sponsored

How many miles can you put on a Mustang V8 before it starts falling apart?

murick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1
I would guess that the mechanical parts will hold far better than cheap plastics and (not cheap) electronics (not talking about Ford B&O audio :)). While the electronic components for the automotive industry has the most stringent and rigorous requirements there are always parts which can easily fail if used wrongly (or abused). The problem is that with an advanced computerization only very few parts are still purely mechanical. The other problem (for the longevity) is that you can usually replicate the mechanical parts for very old machinery relatively easily, it becomes almost impossible for the computer parts when the documentation, or the software, or even the electronic components themselves are no longer available.
Sponsored

OP
OP
superspartan

superspartan

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hidevolution.com
First Name
Spartan
Vehicle(s)
2023 Nissan Z
been driving late-model BMW, have you? Where cheap-shit plastic stuff starts breaking and you have to drop the whole damn engine to change a part out?

You're now in the warm, nurturing hands of American engineering.
Indeed, it was the BMW M3 E93 convertible. I renewed everything as it was falling apart, every cup holder, armrest, brakes, changed the rod bearings completely and had to get a new AC compressor. Basically the car was perfect when I bought it and did a PPI then it like started falling into pieces. that is just a few of the issues I faced, nevermind the paint chipping off the front grill and the bonnet which I had to replace/repaint

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
Indeed, it was the BMW M3 E93 convertible. I renewed everything as it was falling apart, every cup holder, armrest, brakes, changed the rod bearings completely and had to get a new AC compressor. Basically the car was perfect when I bought it and did a PPI then it like started falling into pieces. that is just a few of the issues I faced, nevermind the paint chipping off the front grill and the bonnet which I had to replace/repaint
Ah yes.............. I know that drill well. I had an E36 M3 for 20 years. EVERY plastic part under the hood needed to be replaced every 8-10 years. Radiator, coolant bottle, Power Steering reservoir, thermostat housing, oil filter cap (these were replaced by aluminum), intake manifold, and and and....... Then there was the flex plate on the driveshaft, suspension bushings, ABS sensors, vanos............ delaminating of EVERYTHING in the interior, headliner, and on and on and on. Bring More Wallet/Break My Wallet baby..........

Most dangerous was the radiator failing. The BMW head and gasket were notorious for failing if ever overheated. Dodged that bullet twice by the skin of my teeth.

This was one of the primary reasons I chose the Bullitt, long term cost of ownership. Will let you know how things are going in 8 years..... lol. So far at 2 years and 15K miles, the Bullitt has been flawless.
Sponsored