Sponsored

How many have now upgraded from a 2015-2017 to a 2018/19?

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Lol at the 18+ guys thinking their cars are faster than supercharged 15-17's. 200-300 hp isn't just made up for with the new 10spd auto...
I'm pretty sure those 18 owners will get a blower making the car faster period, compared to any previous GT.

I love the 18 Gauge Cluster, I think if they saved that for the next GT500, it would have made it more desirable.
Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
I'm pretty sure those 18 owners will get a blower making the car faster period, compared to any previous GT.

I love the 18 Gauge Cluster, I think if they saved that for the next GT500, it would have made it more desirable.
He's just sour that he is still driving his model T version GT. ;). Gonna have to get some antique plates on that 15 here soon.

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
- Styling I hated it at first but it grew on me. In person? WOW. very aggressive looking, I def prefer it now. Still retains good proportions even with the more exaggerated shark nose. My friend said it was the fruits of having Aston around. As true or false as that may be, it was very high praise. Also see out the front better, feel like I am less prone to curbing the fronts on tight city turns. Still a mustang, so still not great in that regard.
I don't have an 18 (I can't justify trading my nearly paid off 15 in for another car payment right now), but this is one thing that I didn't expect to grow on me. Just like most everyone else, I was hating on it during the reveal, and while I still don't care for some angles, the car looks real good in person... surprisingly so. If I were in the market and could swing for an 18 GT right now, I wouldn't hesitate because of styling.

But that's just me.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
I don't have an 18 (I can't justify trading my nearly paid off 15 in for another car payment right now), but this is one thing that I didn't expect to grow on me. Just like most everyone else, I was hating on it during the reveal, and while I still don't care for some angles, the car looks real good in person... surprisingly so. If I were in the market and could swing for an 18 GT right now, I wouldn't hesitate because of styling.

But that's just me.
Hell. A week before getting my car I was still talking about how I wasn't completely sold on the front end. I wasn't even completely sold when I got mine but it no longer bothered me enough from getting one. Now I love the styling because after taking pictures and spending time in front of it, it makes sense and works with the profile of the car.

I think having the slightly extended lip on the PP helps the aggressiveness. I mean come on, you can't tell me this isn't mean looking. And I'm still all stock.
IMG_20180514_100939_859.jpg
IMG_20180512_141908_733.jpg

Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)

Ashpian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
I went from a 2015 PP GT to a 2018 PP2 GT and the car feels totally different. The car "feels" lighter and much more nimble. Steering is super crisp and body roll is practically non-existent. Overall I'm super happy with the switch.

PS.. I actually was $1500 in the green on my trade so I'm not trying to justify my loss. Lol

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350

But that's just me.
I felt the same the original postings looked awkward. but when you see it in person its entirely different. i the the PP splitter does give it that little balance.

For some people the 18 makes sense due to situation or goals or desire. and to others it makes more sense to keep their car and boost it.. just like when the 15 came out people hated it and said their 13-14 was better. i think its different person to person and thats ok.

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Of course someone who just upgraded and lost thousands of dollars on the trade in will tell you they love their car. Would you expect someone to tell you their new 2018 is a steaming pile?

Plus, people(not just on this forum) want to brag about their new ride and give you a justified answer of why they upgraded. We all do it.

Who doesn't like new things? :thumbsup:
Everyone likes new things! I'm a fan of the new cars and think they look awesome. If I was in the market for a Mustang now I'd definitely be in one with an A10. I was merely laughing at a few guys that think their stock 18 cars are keeping up with any kind of boosted antique 15-17...lol.
He's just sour that he is still driving his model T version GT. ;). Gonna have to get some antique plates on that 15 here soon.
I think antique plates would lower my yearly tag registration and get me a cheaper insurance rate so I'm cool with that! Lemme know the next time you smoke a boosted 15-17...

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
While I didn't come from a 15, I did come from a 14 s197 w/ Roush phase 2 supercharger. I had a stop in between with a 17 focus RS. Anyhow, the 18 gt is far superior in every way to the 14. With the 10r80 I don't even miss the supercharger. It's almost as quick. I know that doesn't really help, but figured I'd mention it.
But do you miss the RS?

I'm currently in the boat of switching to a GT (most likely convertible).

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I have to say that the looks of the '18 are far better in person than in pics, but for me the '15-'17 still has the edge. This will be debated forever, or so it seems.

As for swapping, well, my ~6000-mile '15 just got paid off and it would make zero sense to do so and incur a payment. Instead I'd rather add another motorcycle or two to the current lineup.

If anything happened to my '15 though, I'd be ordering a silver PP1 with red interior, spoiler delete, active exhaust, 10A, and the 5-spoke wheels. :D

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
I have to say that the looks of the '18 are far better in person than in pics, but for me the '15-'17 still has the edge. This will be debated forever, or so it seems.

As for swapping, well, my ~6000-mile '15 just got paid off and it would make zero sense to do so and incur a payment. Instead I'd rather add another motorcycle or two to the current lineup.

If anything happened to my '15 though, I'd be ordering a silver PP1 with red interior, spoiler delete, active exhaust, 10A, and the 5-spoke wheels. :D
How do you only have 6000 miles on your car though man? I couldn't stay out of my 16 and I am having a even harder time staying out of the 18 I think because the auto makes it TOO versatile. When I got my 16 I told myself (only going to put between 10-12k a year on it since I have a DD for work). Ended up averaging a little over 15k for each year.

thedalejrfan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT K3985
I promise the whipple 17 would destroy the 18 in a straight and the track. I have a lund tune on mine and it's basically the same as my cousins 18 GT PP. whipplemis a whole nother level
Not so fast...

I had 2 S550's with a Whipple, both made over 700whp. I have multiple friends with the same car, making over 700whp.

I am able to beat one of them, on a roll or from a dig.

I cannot beat the other one on a roll, he gradually pulls away from me. He has a best 1/4 mile time of 11.1 on drag radials. the '18 A10 should run in the 11's on drag radials.

DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THIS NEW A10. I am speaking from experience...

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Not so fast...

I had 2 S550's with a Whipple, both made over 700whp. I have multiple friends with the same car, making over 700whp.

I am able to beat one of them, on a roll or from a dig.

I cannot beat the other one on a roll, he gradually pulls away from me. He has a best 1/4 mile time of 11.1 on drag radials. the '18 A10 should run in the 11's on drag radials.

DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THIS NEW A10. I am speaking from experience...
these 2 friends drive manuals?

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
FWIW should have mentioned it in my previous post but I absolutely loved my '17, quirks and all. I like this 18 more, no bashing from me just honest observations
Sponsored