Sponsored

how many have had the stock clutch fail ??

TrevorGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
race red 2015 GT
I've seen a few on here now where the clutch disc has come apart in pieces. Mine came apart with just 286 miles. Car wasn't driven hard either. Just a few spirited take-offs. Started acting up on the highway and wouldnt shift into 4th or 5th. Dealership told and showed me the disc with the clutch material missing. Makes me wonder if it was driven like it was stolen on a test drive by someone.
Sponsored

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
I'm currently at 7500 miles with the stock tune and stock intake.
I drive it like I stole it every time and it runs great.
Once I put wider tires on, it may be a different story. I think if your car was built on a Friday near the end of the shift, it may be a factor as well.

RushGotti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I'm currently at 7500 miles with the stock tune and stock intake.
I drive it like I stole it every time and it runs great.
Once I put wider tires on, it may be a different story. I think if your car was built on a Friday near the end of the shift, it may be a factor as well.
Same here, I just hit 8,000 miles. No signs of any bad wear yet!

And I bang gears all the time, No lift shit FTW!

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
Just rolled over 11,000 miles this morning. No problems here. Don't dog it all the time. But you might be on to something if it was test driven by someone that accidentally down shifted into the wrong gear at too high of a speed.
Seems that that is the trend around here. Trying to downshift into 4th and hitting 2nd at high speed.

EDIT: FYI, MAKE the dealership show you the readout from the ECM's data info. It might show where it was over revved in a downshift before you owned it. Repair could be on the dealership and not you.

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
Mine failed at 1600 on highway going from 5th to 6th normal driving. Warranty replacement. Was out the other night doing some spirited driving. Came to a stop and could smell clutch. Car now has 5300 miles on it. I am expecting to go at any time now, ordering an aftermarket to have on standby.

Sponsored

Iceman2733

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
My car has around 1200 on it and the clutch is getting some bad chatter so won't be long now have an appt to see if ford will replace it before I have too under warranty.

Hogie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I would think even with serious abuse you should last longer than 286 miles. I had a bad throwout bearing extension on a datsun that caused perpetual slip for a couple of weeks and didn't even destroy the clutch.

OP
OP

TrevorGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
race red 2015 GT
They did cover it under warranty. Didn't hassle me one bit about it. I have about 300 miles on the new one now. I will say that it really cha cha chatters from a stop.

The TSB about the squealing brakes is another story. Mine falls right there for production date and would squeel like a semi truck when I would drive slow. They gave me a hard time about that.

Iceman2733

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
They did cover it under warranty. Didn't hassle me one bit about it. I have about 300 miles on the new one now. I will say that it really cha cha chatters from a stop.

The TSB about the squealing brakes is another story. Mine falls right there for production date and would squeel like a semi truck when I would drive slow. They gave me a hard time about that.
Your new clutch chatters?

OP
OP

TrevorGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
race red 2015 GT
Yes. I mentioned it as soon as I drove it 10 feet. They assured me it would smooth out with some miles. So far it has not.
I'm not sure what I'll do about it as its only a weekend car that will see about 1000 miles per year.
So far I really regret this purchase. Brake issue, clutch issue, interior rattles, seats don't cool, super thin paint with dirt and fish-eyes, and as of this morning....the rear de-frost doesn't work.
My last car was a 2002 WS-6 Trans Am. I also bought it new. Not once in the last 13 years was it in the dealership. Never had a single issue with it. Sold it last month with 30k on it.

Sponsored

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
Yes. I mentioned it as soon as I drove it 10 feet. They assured me it would smooth out with some miles. So far it has not.
I'm not sure what I'll do about it as its only a weekend car that will see about 1000 miles per year.
So far I really regret this purchase. Brake issue, clutch issue, interior rattles, seats don't cool, super thin paint with dirt and fish-eyes, and as of this morning....the rear de-frost doesn't work.
My last car was a 2002 WS-6 Trans Am. I also bought it new. Not once in the last 13 years was it in the dealership. Never had a single issue with it. Sold it last month with 30k on it.
If you feel that way, I've read about forum members use the BBB to assist in a lemon law case.

I have minor paint issues which the stealership said they would only make worse if they attempted paint repairs, had the squealing brakes resolved through the TSB, had my rear camera crap out a few times, had the entire sync system go blank a few times, have interior dash trim wear by the door, have seats wearing out quickly, had an exhaust rattle which I fixed on my own and have interior rattling which I know can be fixed using foam backing. You are not alone in a lot of these exceptions, but I'm content that the engine runs strong as hell and doesn't burn any oil.

This might be a good excuse to put in a badass aftermarket clutch but if you don't like the car, it is of course not a good idea.

ridenfish39

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT PP
One of my favorite cars. I would have kept that sucker, especially with the low miles. I had a 97 1Le and I wish I never got rid of it.

Inigo

P2P Engineering
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP GT 6spd
No failures yet but its coming soon the way I drive. Excuse for an upgrade :)

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
Ours didn't fail but we did some preventative measures before hitting the track with the new Whipple setup by installing a McLeod RXT twin disc setup.

krahooligan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)