How many GTs are Owned by Seniors?

Tawse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TJ
Vehicle(s)
2022 GB GT/CS
Hi - I enjoy reading the comments from all the “seniors” but take it from an 80 year old that many you are still young guys and gals. Life expectancy is so much longer now and medical advancements have made those later years more healthy for most. So my suggestion is to not confuse the term seniors with being old. Yes, I enjoy my Mustang and act and feel younger when I’m driving it, but it doesn’t negate reality. Lastly, don’t be in a hurry to be old so you can retire because at that point most of us begin the descending slope of the Bell Curve of life and it ain’t always a pretty picture. I’m one of the fortunate who has escaped most, but not all, of the ravages of old age. My goal is to drive this Bullitt until I’m at least 90 and hope they don’t hide the keys on me before that... Bruce

CB84187F-19CD-4BBB-9A6E-37416D1ED451.jpeg
Agree to a certain point about retiring and falling apart (paraphrasing lol). I would say for anyone who retires to have a plan for afterwards. Enjoy a few months of doing jack all - but then have a plan. Work part time, get serious hobbies.. something. Stagnation and loneliness will kill a person. Literally.

I've been retired about 8 months now. Should actually say Semi-Retired. I am working about 15 hours a week right now doing consultant work. Between that, nature photography, house projects, and soon to be driving my mustang (lol)... I'm avoiding the mental and physical decline.
Sponsored

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
As a senior citizen I'm curious-how many other old guys are buying Mustang GTs? When I traded in my E350 (for my 19 GT) the look on the salesman's face was priceless.
I'm wondering how much of an anomaly I might be and if not, how many other "older enthusiasts" are enjoying their GTs?
I get questions constantly at the car wash (typically from Audi and Beemer owners) "Sir is that your car? How do you like it?" Translation - why the hell is an oldtimer like you driving that?
It's simple - you're never too old to enjoy a well balanced platform that brings a smile to your face each time you press that button. The active exhaust simply enhances the experience.
W
Love this. Although in this case I think a smartass response to the sales guy would have been warranted: "Why do I want this GT? Need to get places fast, ain't got much time left!"

🤣

Deleted member 69033

I'm 46 but sure feel old, lol. I usually drive my car like a little old lady but the other day I left a little rubber on the road getting onto a street. Out in bfe, no houses around or anything, and I let off it Goin into 2nd, but the next car that drove by had two kids in it and the driver yelled "SLOW THE F*** DOWN", and the whole thing seemed backwards to me, lol.... I feel like I shbe yelling at speeding kids.

mindo389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 5.0 50th AY Appearance Pkg.
Vehicle Showcase
I recently made 64 and bought my GT a few years back. The other day as I'm driving on the interstate, a 2022 Corvette Z06 comes up beside me. The driver was a bit older than I and we nod at each other and he passes by. Yeah, why not... enjoy the retirement toys we've bought ourselves.

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
We're really talking about looks, not age.
I always seem to limp a little more than I need to on my way to or from my car.

:dance:

Sponsored

Hadelson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hugo
Vehicle(s)
19 Roush RS3 P2, 6 speed; Lots of suspension work
Soon to retire again from civilian job. 1st retirement from the US Army. Just a perfect fall day today, blue sky and absolute perfect temps. Took out the RS3 and visited a facility I support. 200 miles round trip - all interstate. One of the most enjoyable rides so far. Couple of sprints over 3 digits - 200 miles all smiles.

Netman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2016 QX70 2017 Tacoma 2015 GT PP
Bought my first car, a 70 Mach 1 in 1974. Sold it to buy a house and wanted it back ever since. Last year at 65 I bought a 2015 GT to replace it. Wanted new technology with power to go on the occasional road trip and not worry about shit breaking. Unlike the E46 M3 I sold to buy the GT.

nustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT, performance pak, active exhaust
had a 67 coupe 289 as my first car, and Im surprised I didnt kill myself with it.
had a 67 fastback manual after that. I killed that car's clutch and driveshaft twice.

driving style is much more sedate these days now at 69

wynand32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT California Special
had a 67 coupe 289 as my first car, and Im surprised I didnt kill myself with it.
had a 67 fastback manual after that. I killed that car's clutch and driveshaft twice.

driving style is much more sedate these days now at 69
I drove a '72 Cutlass V8 (not sure what engine) at 17 and I used to race friends through downtown Fort Wayne, IN where the lights were timed perfectly so that you could see nothing but green at very high speeds if you were precise enough. I was a menace and should have lost my license immediately.

At 56, I'm sure I'll enjoy my Mustang once I'm past the break-in period, but nothing like when I was younger. Because today, I'd end up in jail.

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
It couldn't be a 2022 Corvette Z06, as none are delivered to customers yet....or perhaps you were driving beside a GM employee that took the long way home. :)

I recently made 64 and bought my GT a few years back. The other day as I'm driving on the interstate, a 2022 Corvette Z06 comes up beside me. The driver was a bit older than I and we nod at each other and he passes by. Yeah, why not... enjoy the retirement toys we've bought ourselves.

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
The more I see and read up on the 2024 GT the closer it is going to be. Whether to buy a Ragtop or a Coupe depends on cost.

sobaylouie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Age 62 here. Put many miles on motorcycles over the years and the convertible allows me to stay somewhat in touch with that. Plus it is just plain gorgeous.
I had 18 Harley's in my lifetime....Had to sell my last one.....I am 81 now and enjoying the hell out my 2018 GT stang!

sobaylouie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Hi - I enjoy reading the comments from all the “seniors” but take it from an 80 year old that many you are still young guys and gals. Life expectancy is so much longer now and medical advancements have made those later years more healthy for most. So my suggestion is to not confuse the term seniors with being old. Yes, I enjoy my Mustang and act and feel younger when I’m driving it, but it doesn’t negate reality. Lastly, don’t be in a hurry to be old so you can retire because at that point most of us begin the descending slope of the Bell Curve of life and it ain’t always a pretty picture. I’m one of the fortunate who has escaped most, but not all, of the ravages of old age. My goal is to drive this Bullitt until I’m at least 90 and hope they don’t hide the keys on me before that... Bruce

CB84187F-19CD-4BBB-9A6E-37416D1ED451.jpeg
agree with you..I am 81 and enjoy my 2018 Mustang GT

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
I had 18 Harley's in my lifetime....Had to sell my last one.....I am 81 now and enjoying the hell out my 2018 GT stang!
Good for you!

I‘m “only” 73 now but similar story. I had at least that many Harleys but finally sold my last two, one of which was a trike. Truth be told I just never really bonded with the trike. But something in my balance response had degraded to where I felt in danger at a red light, not going down the road.

Anyway, my wife says I now roll down my window to listen and look when a ‘stang goes by more often than I do for a pack of Harleys. I guess that’s a good sign!
Sponsored