Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
Nice. We may have the same fate but I suspect it will be our own doing...as in, enthusiasts. The e-cars will be faster, maybe brutally so. They are/almost are already. Enthusiasts won’t be able to help but like and embrace that. The auto industry has already decided electric is the future and when a couple generations future Mach-e GT or Shelby or whatever smokes our old S550/650 cars we’ll probably flock that way as well. I sometimes feel like a version of that has already happened...I love and cling to my anachronistic M6 for the usual tactile reasons but the community has largely flocked to the A10, in part for the convenience but in no small part because it makes the car a lot faster. I respect and appreciate the (amazing) A10 but it’s a step in that direction...

I can see a time years from now when we’ll be the old men (and women) talking about the good ‘ol days when you could HEAR the engine, feel the idle, smell the gas, etc. The kids will roll their eyes and look at us like geezers as they step into their super-fast, efficient, self-driving e-cars and focus on their phones as it drives them to school/work.
Meatball I agree 100% But I am happy that I had the chance to build, drive, and work on these cars. To smell the gas, grease, and oil, drop out a trans, and install a new clutch, have trans fluid run down your arm, set points, and change the timing.
I wouldn't change it all for anything.
Sponsored

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
We usually put around 5k on our car per year. This year, only about 3k.
I've been averaging about 7k/year in the Mustang. The only way I've managed to keep it that low is having a commuter car in addition to the Mustang. If I drove it every day the Stang would have 100k miles by now.

GeorgeC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt

Sponsored

Markm70

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP, 2017 Focus ST, 2016 F-150
I'll be 60 in a a couple of months, bought a 17 GT and love it! Added Ford performance Power pack 2 and just got Steeda lowering springs on black Friday. I have almost always had a Mustang for most of my driving life. Started with a Mustang Cobra II and have had 6 or 7 in between. Oh ya, ALL of them have had manual trannies!

Sponsored