Sponsored

How many GTs are Owned by Seniors?

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
With working from home I hardly put any miles on my Mustang this year. How you other old guys/gals holding up?
Pretty isolated the last few weeks as the cases have taken off again in my area. It's nice relief to be able to take long, solitary drives.
Sponsored

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
"BTW, my other vehicles are a 2020 Raptor ..."
If I had need of a truck, w/out a doubt, the Raptor would be my choice. The perfect pairing, w/the Mustang GT, to make one's garage sooooooo politically incorrect (non PC). :sunglasses:

Meatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
That was awesome. Thanks for posting.

Iā€™m still a chunk of years behind you but I love my mustang hobby and Iā€™m happy to see I wonā€™t necessarily outgrow it. ā€œDrive it like I stole itā€ in your 70s...just awesome. I look forward to hearing about your hooliganism in your 80s. Hopefully weā€™ll still have mustangs that burn gas then...

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
"Hopefully, weā€™ll still have Mustangs that burn gas then."
See if you can find a copy of the January 1967 issue of Sports Car Graphic magazine. In it is a poem titled The last King by Philip W. May. I have tried a number of times to find it online, but to no avail. It is on pages 60-63. The print style & size make if difficult to reproduce on line. Anyway, the story is about the guy w/the very last car w/an internal combustion engine after the IC engine became illegal ... in any form. And it speaks directly to your thought about gas-burning Mustangs (or gas burning anything). Maybe someone out there has a copy & knows how to post a readable copy online.

Soju59

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
61 on Sunday with 19 GT. This is my 4th Mustang and maybe not my last.

Sponsored

olerodder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/A10
I've got the Roush H pipe on mine with active exhaust and luv the sound. Has a sound that reminds me of my old 67 and 73 Mustangs from back in the day.
I put a FPP X pipe resonator delete on my 19 PP1/A10 and after 1000 miles when I start it up in the garage, my neighbors within 4 houses in each direction give me a thumbs up as I leave the neighborhood. I live in an over 55 community in Airizona. I also have the active exhaust and normally just start it in normal mode, Sport and Track mode startup in the garage and I start rattling stuff off the wall.

Justpassingas

Justpassingas
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
21 GT Premium 2016 F150
I'm 62 having just retired June first and going to the dealer tomorrow to see about trading in my wifes 2015 EB and ordering a 2020 GT Premium....Time to tap the 401K....I don't want to be the richest guy in cemetery.

Change of plans since this post....I was unable to locate a 2020 GT to my liking so I ordered a MY21 GT in Twister Orange and am now impatiently waiting. Looks like next summer is going to be fun....Getting old is fun....being old sucks.

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The 1970s: "Space stations on the Moon reported..."

Gotta love the 60s! :cwl:

I'm shocked that the people in the story didn't simply move to atomic batteries: zero pollution, and you can run a car for a thousand years on the amount of matter found in a movie ticket!

Yeah, that's from a kid's book about atomic energy that I believe was published in the 1950s. It was in my high school library.

Well, we don't have Moon bases, but our technological mastery of the universe and of the very stuff of life itself remains supreme and unchallenged:

1607602870308.png

Last edited:

FDHog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2020 Ford Raptor
If I had need of a truck, w/out a doubt, the Raptor would be my choice. The perfect pairing, w/the Mustang GT, to make one's garage sooooooo politically incorrect (non PC). :sunglasses:
LOL, I am so far from politically correct that it's not funny. PC destroyed this country.

Sponsored

Meatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
Nice. We may have the same fate but I suspect it will be our own doing...as in, enthusiasts. The e-cars will be faster, maybe brutally so. They are/almost are already. Enthusiasts wonā€™t be able to help but like and embrace that. The auto industry has already decided electric is the future and when a couple generations future Mach-e GT or Shelby or whatever smokes our old S550/650 cars weā€™ll probably flock that way as well. I sometimes feel like a version of that has already happened...I love and cling to my anachronistic M6 for the usual tactile reasons but the community has largely flocked to the A10, in part for the convenience but in no small part because it makes the car a lot faster. I respect and appreciate the (amazing) A10 but itā€™s a step in that direction...

I can see a time years from now when weā€™ll be the old men (and women) talking about the good ā€˜ol days when you could HEAR the engine, feel the idle, smell the gas, etc. The kids will roll their eyes and look at us like geezers as they step into their super-fast, efficient, self-driving e-cars and focus on their phones as it drives them to school/work.

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There was a point in aging when I decided that I enjoyed being perceived by people as "an old guy."

That lasted a few years until the day that I realized that I now felt, physically, like an old guy. Nothing drastic, but there's a little jolt when you know that you've lost a step. You can struggle with it and do all you can to push it back some, but at the very least you're getting a preview of what is inevitable - if you're lucky.

I'm lucky. I was telling my oldest daughter last night that I've decided that I have chronic conditions, but no problems. The distinction is something I had to experience to understand.
Sponsored