Sponsored

How many GTs are Owned by Seniors?

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
The more important question is are we getting younger people into the cars as that is who will determine if this thing makes it another 50 years. I am 43...had a Mustang last year...needed to sell it due to a change of work location and other factors, but i hope to get into another one next year.
Sponsored

Lgb0250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Premium, 22 Lexus 450h Luxury
The more important question is are we getting younger people into the cars as that is who will determine if this thing makes it another 50 years. I am 43...had a Mustang last year...needed to sell it due to a change of work location and other factors, but i hope to get into another one next year.
that might be your most important question but I suggest you place it in the thread about non senior owners rather than jump in here! I would tend to think that most of us seniors have had our burdens to bear over the years and yet the model continues to thrive. But then again, thatā€™s just my opinion.

Tukman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2020 pp2 Roush stage 2 Mustang GT/ 2019 Bullitt
Hi - Bill Ford will obviously be very happy with your loyalty to Ford Motor Company. Definitely not questioning you future car choices, but have you been there done that with other brands or just not interested in testing the waters. I only ask this because there are so many other interesting non-Ford models to partake of nowadays and it sounds like you have the means to do so. I was originally a Pontiac guy, but then eventually played the field. I do understand brand loyalty, just curious. Good luck with those future endeavors. Happy travels... Bruce
I grew up Chevy, rebuilt lots of Camaro. Served in Europe where I loved Porscheā€™s, but been a Ford Mustanger since 2000, been totally happy with Mustang since then.

OP
OP
kinchy

kinchy

Kinchy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium - Magnetic Black Accent -Manual Previous was 2016 GT Premium PP-Magnaflow -Short Throw Shifter
I grew up Chevy, rebuilt lots of Camaro. Served in Europe where I loved Porscheā€™s, but been a Ford Mustanger since 2000, been totally happy with Mustang since then.
I grew up with Triumphs (TR4, TR250 & TR6) still respected the straight line performance of Mustangs, Camaros and Challengers. Moved to a few Corvettes (65 327/300 69 427/390) later to a 71 GTO 400/4. Got married and had to go with sensible transportation for a few years.That lead to Beemers (328, M3 and a 528) and eventually to a 93 win Turbo Z that we tricked out and had lots of fun with.

Why am I boring you with all this stuff? I can't believe that after all these years (and criticisms of Detroit muscle) here I am with 2019 GT and love it. It handles (given some suspension upgrades) accelerates, stops, it's comfortable and so far seems pretty reliable.
Things have certainly changed since the good ole days..

olerodder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/A10
As was aptly put earlier, financial stability/views/beliefs really have little to no bearing in this tread. I'm old enough to be your dad, and if I was I'd say; Son, we're talking Mustangs, not financial advise. Each of us old guys has gone through a life you are just staring to experience, and your views are your own, not mine...lets talk about the joys of being retired...or not retired...and living the good life, behind the wheel of our car(s).

Sponsored

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
I'm 51 (not quite a senior) and plan to have fast cars until I die.
20200605_164922.jpg

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
This is something that is a real eye opener to me. I'm only a youth (47) and am AMAZED at all the forum posts of people talking about the finance deals they are doing on cars. I would NEVER finance a car, that's just plain crazy to me. My money always has and always will go into properties, which allow me to buy toys like cars for cash. Sacrifice a little at the start of life, or struggle later is what I have noticed in my years.
Or more importantly way use your own money when you can use other peoples at 0%. Most really rich people will always tell you not to use your own money when you can use others money for free :)

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
The difference between the really rich and many of the rest of us is that as far as $30k - $50k car purchases go, the really rich aren't going to be concerned with the stability of future wages/salaries. Many middle-income people would be gambling that their financial situation would not deteriorate, which would not have been a good bet to have made this past spring.

Perhaps you can tell me when 0% car money was first made available. I don't remember it being possible for the cars I had no choice but to finance, and we've always had better than decent credit.

Norm

Last edited:

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Also keep in mind the '0% money' is not really 0%, since I got $1,500 instead of that :D. And it's typically one or the other; not both. You have to basically finance the whole thing to be worth it. I never thought it was a good idea to finance a vehicle, so never did. Always preferred to be in a beater than owing anything, and same thing with my house. Stayed in an apartment until I could pay cash for my house, and that was a big sacrifice, but a very smart move. All my co-workers had houses and new cars for years when I finally had my first, but left them in the dust a decade later... and they still had at least 20 more years of mortgage payments :D.

Sponsored

The_Don_72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red 5.0 Mustang GT 6MT
Also keep in mind the '0% money' is not really 0%, since I got $1,500 instead of that :D. And it's typically one or the other; not both. You have to basically finance the whole thing to be worth it. I never thought it was a good idea to finance a vehicle, so never did. Always preferred to be in a beater than owing anything, and same thing with my house. Stayed in an apartment until I could pay cash for my house, and that was a big sacrifice, but a very smart move. All my co-workers had houses and new cars for years when I finally had my first, but left them in the dust a decade later... and they still had at least 20 more years of mortgage payments :D.
^ This guy knows what he's doing :) Delayed gratification is a very powerful asset in your financial arsenal, however in today's world of needing to have everything NOW, we rarely see this mentality.

Matti777

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I'm 57 so I don't know if that counts as a senior. Its my first Mustang.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I was telling the OP to define senior, since I'm also in 'limbo', at 58. Ha ha. I started my car ownership with 2 used Mustangs ('70 Mach1, and '76 II), but didn't go back until now. And I have to say, it was worth the wait, even after owning much more expensive cars :D.

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜05 GMC P/U, ā€˜17 Impala, 19 Bullitt
I'm 57 so I don't know if that counts as a senior. Its my first Mustang.
Hi - I donā€™t know if the forum has defined senior, but the definition is like shifting sands on a desert. In the old days, the age was most often 62 because that was the earliest one could apply for regular Social Security, albeit at a reduced amount, while others stuck with age 65 for the full benefit. Ages 62 and 65 were also the point at which one could typically retire and be eligible for retirement benefits at private employers. Then along came the American Association for Retired Persons which set an even earlier membership eligibility age (55 as I recall). The other aspect was the proliferation of senior citizens discounts. For a competitive advantage some retailers lowered the discount age. The problems with lowering the age definition too much is that we are all living to an older age now and that means more people in the ā€œseniorā€ demographic just thru normal attrition. All of my comments are tainted with generalizations, so take your pick. My only suggestion as a true senior (78) is donā€™t be in a hurry to become one as it will sneak up on you faster than you realize... Bruce

P.S. We used to equate senior citizens with those who looked old and/or were retired, but today many seniors are working into their 70s, some by choice and others out of necessity. Modern medicine, replacement parts, etc, are keeping many of us more active and vibrant in our old age. Now the retirement communities and nursing homes are recruiting us. You want to see some real seniors, just visit one of those facilities and you wonā€™t be in such a hurry to become a senior citizen. I hope when that time comes, ā€œBumper Carsā€ will be part of the in-house entertainment.

P.P.S. I personally have no problem hearing from all of you younger ā€œwanna beā€ seniors who desire to share this forum with us old geezers but please realize that you must treat us with the utmost respect and hold us in high esteem. After all, we are your elders and purveyors of all kinds of wisdom (when we can remember) along with some recycled B-S. Some, like me, haven't kept up with the technological changes and improvements in modern cars so you young guys and gals can likely help some of us out at times. Remember, if you see one of us on the side of the road looking bewildered, please stop and check on us. It might be life saving or something as simple as plugging our home address (if we can remember it) into our GPS for us so we can find our way home in time for dinner. The more times we show up late for dinner, the greater the chance they will hide our car keys on us.

Last edited:

GT-SV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium
Lame financial advice is offtopic anyways, but as a Senior I'm really enjoying the GT.
Sponsored