Sponsored

How many GTs are Owned by Seniors?

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
I've been driving Mustangs for a long time and at 60 I'm still driving them. Why stop now?
Sponsored

OldGuy2018GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT V-8 Premium
As a senior citizen I'm curious-how many other old guys are buying Mustang GTs? When I traded in my E350 (for my 19 GT) the look on the salesman's face was priceless.
I'm wondering how much of an anomaly I might be and if not, how many other "older enthusiasts" are enjoying their GTs?
I get questions constantly at the car wash (typically from Audi and Beemer owners) "Sir is that your car? How do you like it?" Translation - why the hell is an oldtimer like you driving that?
It's simple - you're never too old to enjoy a well balanced platform that brings a smile to your face each time you press that button. The active exhaust simply enhances the experience.
W
I am 75 and my wife is 70.
We have owned high performance Mustangs and Lightnings since the late 80's.
Get weird looks and high 5's all the time.

15BluStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Do you think there's a thread with a similar title over on the Corvette forum? :LOL:
On the Corvette forum the thread would be how many Corvettes are not owned by seniors.

Sponsored

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
What age does 'senior' begin? Or is it just a state of mind?
72 in November w/a 2019 Mustang GT PP2 + a few Steeda upgrades ... "Getting old is a fact of life, but getting old is merely a state of mine." :like:
I also have a modified '98 GT + another '98 Mustang V6 that my sons & I have raced over the last few years in the WRL endurance series.
My 1st Mustang was a well prepped '65 GT in the late 1960s. Sadly, that one was stolen & stripped clean. :crying:

Last edited:

LOKI1046

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 Convertible
As a senior citizen I'm curious-how many other old guys are buying Mustang GTs? When I traded in my E350 (for my 19 GT) the look on the salesman's face was priceless.
I'm wondering how much of an anomaly I might be and if not, how many other "older enthusiasts" are enjoying their GTs?
I get questions constantly at the car wash (typically from Audi and Beemer owners) "Sir is that your car? How do you like it?" Translation - why the hell is an oldtimer like you driving that?
It's simple - you're never too old to enjoy a well balanced platform that brings a smile to your face each time you press that button. The active exhaust simply enhances the experience.
W
I am well into my "senior" years and have had 4 mustangs since then, two of which were GT500's....my present ride is a 2011 Shelby GT 500 convertible....ride on and make some noise!

1st Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Thanks! When I bought the 3000 I was reluctant to tell my late father about it; he was a master mechanic...
102-0244_IMG2.GIF
Funny, I started my apprenticeship as a mechanic when I was 17 then moved into the graphics and printing industry in my early 20's. I started my own company in '86 and I'm still running it. It's great to see so many people around my age, some even quite a bit older, who refuse to stop doing the fun stuff. My GT has the Recaro's and every time I hop in and hit the start button it's a buzz.

Last edited:

Sponsored

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
SNEK.jpg
Just turned 53 this past April, does my GT count? :)

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
We will all join the senior club if we are lucky to live that long. I’m less than 3 years from 50. Having a hard time already though...with that five oh. :).

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase
Have I seen this car in San Diego County?
Maybe so - I love the back roads & we ran out to Anza Borrego this spring

This is a great thread ! Can't believe how many fellow old hotrod guys I've found here. I love ya'll man. You 're still young, free, successful, strong & awesome. Now get your eyes checked before ya drive in the ditch :cwl::crackup::cwl:

Last edited:

GregP27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2007 Nissan Titan; 2010 Hyundai Veracruz; 2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP1
Beautiful. SVE SP2s?
Hi MidwayJ. Yes, LMR SP2 wheels in Matte Bronze. Good workmanship, good shipping boxes, good service so far.
These are a square setup, 10" wide, with 285/35R-19s tires from Nitto. Handles superbly. Corners hard, as hard as the last Corvette I drove on a track. Best of all, I can rotate the tires when the time comes.

Severn Wes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 6 speed manual, 2017 VW GTI 6 speed manual
61 here, don't know if that counts as senior citizen. Traded in my 2006 Pontiac GTO for the 2018 GT. No contest between the two cars, luxury cruiser vs badass muscle car. That's my 2017 VW GTI in the background. Needless to say, I like to drive sporty cars, and the 2018 GT is more than remarkable in the later category!
20181019_180231.jpg
Sponsored