How many GTs are Owned by Seniors?

Moonhowl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium, 2018 Nissan Frontier, 2000 Harley
Congrats on the purchase. IMO, actually, Ford built a fantastic time machine with the 6th gen. 'Stang. You'll feel like you're 20 again when you drive it. A word of caution...an x-pipe will make your car EXTREMELY loud and raspy. An H-pipe will be a "TAD" quieter and have a lower tone. I can't recall if your car will have the variable exhaust or not. If it does, it will already be loud. Do a forum search here on the topic.

Anyhoo, have fun !! BTW I'm 75 going on 21
:rockon:
Thanks for the suggestion regarding an H pipe instead of an X pipe for the resonator delete. Roush offers that as well. I favor the Roush solutions because they use a connection where the tubes at the rear slide into their tubes and clamp. Most of their competitors use a butt connection, which isn’t as strong.

FAST FRED

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2020 F-150 ROUSH,2019 GT350R,2021 GT500
I just turned 65,
I have always had mustangs. I currently have a 2019 Bullitt and Shelby GT350R.
2019 Bullitt.JPG
Front GT350R.jpg

Doc2020GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium PP 2018 Explorer. 2012 Toyota Tacoma
Got my 2014 GT at 56, traded it last year for a 2019 Corvette. Started to really miss the Mustang. Yeah the Vette was fun, fast and handled like a slot car but for some reason it just didn’t make my socks go up and down after the first month or so. After 11 months of ownership I traded it for my 2020 GT at 62 years young. As you can imagine I took a beating on the trade in but I really didn’t care.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 GT350R, 2020 Explorer ST
I just turned 65,
I have always had mustangs. I currently have a 2019 Bullitt and Shelby GT350R.
LOL. You must be my older brother (actually he just turned 60 and is a Chevy fella). I am 55 and have the same setup...
A26A58B3-FA2C-47CA-8EAB-E4D100FBAEC8.jpeg

Deleted member 35786

I'm 62 having just retired June first and going to the dealer tomorrow to see about trading in my wifes 2015 EB and ordering a 2020 GT Premium....Time to tap the 401K....I don't want to be the richest guy in cemetery.
Enjoy the rest of your life. At this point you deserve to have what you want. Life is to short for a garage queen car! So drive that thing everyday so you can enjoy it till the end.

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
‘05 GMC P/U, ‘17 Impala, 19 Bullitt
I'm 62 having just retired June first and going to the dealer tomorrow to see about trading in my wifes 2015 EB and ordering a 2020 GT Premium....Time to tap the 401K....I don't want to be the richest guy in cemetery.
Hi - If you are financially astute, you might be able to plan things so the very last check you write will bounce... Bruce

Justpassingas

Justpassingas
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
21 GT Premium 2016 F150
Hi - If you are financially astute, you might be able to plan things so the very last check you write will bounce... Bruce

I like your thinking....My Ecoboost is up for sale while I plan on ordering a 2021 GT so that's a start.

Fossil

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2106 GT Mustang
As a senior citizen I'm curious-how many other old guys are buying Mustang GTs? When I traded in my E350 (for my 19 GT) the look on the salesman's face was priceless.
I'm wondering how much of an anomaly I might be and if not, how many other "older enthusiasts" are enjoying their GTs?
I get questions constantly at the car wash (typically from Audi and Beemer owners) "Sir is that your car? How do you like it?" Translation - why the hell is an oldtimer like you driving that?
It's simple - you're never too old to enjoy a well balanced platform that brings a smile to your face each time you press that button. The active exhaust simply enhances the experience.
W
At 75 years young in Australia, we are enjoying the strange looks we get when people realize that a couple of "old farts" are driving in a flash Mustang.

Sponsored

familyman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ruby Red
I guess I'm part of the group since I ditched the Ecoboost for a GT. I got it on my 56th birthday, no one else was going to get it for me, so I took matters into my own hands.:like: I absolutely love it.:inlove:

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
As a senior citizen I'm curious-how many other old guys are buying Mustang GTs? When I traded in my E350 (for my 19 GT) the look on the salesman's face was priceless.
I'm wondering how much of an anomaly I might be and if not, how many other "older enthusiasts" are enjoying their GTs?
I get questions constantly at the car wash (typically from Audi and Beemer owners) "Sir is that your car? How do you like it?" Translation - why the hell is an oldtimer like you driving that?
It's simple - you're never too old to enjoy a well balanced platform that brings a smile to your face each time you press that button. The active exhaust simply enhances the experience.
W
We get a lot of phone call orders here at www.lethalperformance.com from seniors. One guy was even telling me he was in his mid 70's and picked up the phone to get some goodies ordered for his brand new GT! Talked to the guy for about an hour about all the new tech these S550s have to offer. Awesome to hear the old timers call up with a passion for these cars and having a father son rivalry!

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Thanks for the suggestion regarding an H pipe instead of an X pipe for the resonator delete. Roush offers that as well. I favor the Roush solutions because they use a connection where the tubes at the rear slide into their tubes and clamp. Most of their competitors use a butt connection, which isn’t as strong.
I've got the Roush H pipe on mine with active exhaust and luv the sound. Has a sound that reminds me of my old 67 and 73 Mustangs from back in the day.

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I'm 58 about to turn 59 next month and I'm loving my 2019 Mustang GT PP2 as much as I did my Mustangs in my youth. Been driving it for a year now and my only problem is there aren't enough twisty roads close by. If my old cars had handled like this car I would of had so much more fun back in the day...lol. I need a second one now to make a drag car.