Sponsored

How many drive differently because they have a dashcam?

Do you drive differently when there is a dashcam in the car?

• I drive the same whether there is a dash cam or not

Votes: 29 87.9%
  • I tend to drive differently since I know there is a recording of my driving.

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I was wondering how many drive differently when there is a dash cam in the car?

How?
Sponsored

EcoboostMustang

4Banger
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damir
Vehicle(s)
18 Fury Orange Mustang
Doesn't really make a difference for me... I mean I'm the only one that's going to be viewing it. And I drive pretty smart around the streets so if I do ever get in accident the dash cam is there to help me.

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
07 335is, 08 LR2, 13 Tahoe, 18 Mustang GT x2
Vehicle Showcase
If you're driving like an idiot and the dashcam makes you a better driver, than you're getting even more value out of that product, right?

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
I won't get a dash cam because I probably won't change how I drive.

Zathras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I've been thinking about getting one, but with my luck I'd get into my first at-fault accident and the video would be used against me.

Dashcams usually have a "lock" or save button so you can save a clip, but maybe they should have a "quick erase" button as well.

Sponsored

Drewgamer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Kona Blue Mustang GT Premium
I voted that I don't drive any different. However I will say that after having watched a lot of dash cam videos recently, I have become more conscious of how I drive and how those around me drive.

Since getting my own dash cam I have altered my driving to be a bit more on the defensive side (leaving more space between cars, double-checking intersections after a light change, ect), but that doesn't mean I don't like to have some fun once in a while (when road/traffic conditions permit of course) :rockon:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Never even thought about it until this poll. Nope, makes no difference. Now back in the day when I had a radar detector, that was different. :giggle:

boos550t

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GT PP Old : 2017 Base GT PP 2015 EB Premium PP @ismgt
I drive the same....

but I don't drive like a jackass to begin with anyway.

I drive with the assumption that everyone around me is an idiot. Dash cam just gives me insurance in case I overestimate someone's intelligence.

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
I bought one after an incident with a small town vigilante volunteer fireman whose masculinity was apparently offended by me passing him safely (in a passing zone) who decided to chase me down. The police were little help because it was my word against his and he was “one of the boys.” I wished I had been able to record this psycho’s behavior.

It has been sitting in the box ever since...I don’t want to mess up the car with the install.

Which resources were helpful in figuring out how to install one in your Mustang?

Sponsored

Drewgamer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
I bought one after an incident with a small town vigilante volunteer fireman whose masculinity was apparently offended by me passing him safely (in a passing zone) who decided to chase me down. The police were little help because it was my word against his and he was “one of the boys.” I wished I had been able to record this psycho’s behavior.

It has been sitting in the box ever since...I don’t want to mess up the car with the install.

Which resources were helpful in figuring out how to install one in your Mustang?

This video helped me a lot (one thing I'll note that the video doesn't explicitly show is hiding the wire to the back camera, was a bit of a pain compared to the front camera). I'll post some pictures of my personal results when I can.

Of course you don't need to hardwire it if you aren't interested in the "parking mode". A lot of the dash cams I looked at have the option of using an auxiliary power socket which simplifies a lot of the install. And if you get a front-facing cam only, this simplifies things even more.

EDIT: Here are some pictures of the finished install: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/media/albums/dash-cam-install-finished.2815/

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base

This video helped me a lot (one thing I'll note that the video doesn't explicitly show is hiding the wire to the back camera, was a bit of a pain compared to the front camera). I'll post some pictures of my personal results when I can.

Of course you don't need to hardwire it if you aren't interested in the "parking mode". A lot of the dash cams I looked at have the option of using an auxiliary power socket which simplifies a lot of the install. And if you get a front-facing cam only, this simplifies things even more.
Thanks!!!

Drewgamer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)

Deleted member 35786

Considering selling mine. Hardly ever use it, do not live in a big city and cannot have it where I work anyway. Put the money towards a radar detector or something.

GMONSTAH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I may actually drive WORSE! I just make sure no GPS or any sort of speed metric is OFF. I enjoy sharing certain clips with certain friends let's just say, whereas others may find the pathways to these abilities some consider to be unnatural...
Sponsored