Sponsored

How many Calimer customers have an upgraded 26 spline inpput shaft?

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Of all the Calimer customers running Stage 2 and stage 3 transmissions, how many have upgraded from the 23 spline input shaft to the 26 spline input shaft?

How much power/torque are you guys making on either setup (23 or 26 spline) and how do you drive the car (roll race or launching from a dead stop)? Thanks
Sponsored

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I went with the 26 spline at the direction of Calimer. My car makes 885/689 on the small pulley.

I mostly weekend cruise my car and haven't been back to the track with the new trans yet, but on the street it's been great. I figured the trans was out, so why not upgrade the input shaft? What is your reason for questioning which to go with?

OP
OP
NGOT8R

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I went with the 26 spline at the direction of Calimer. My car makes 885/689 on the small pulley.

I mostly weekend cruise my car and haven't been back to the track with the new trans yet, but on the street it's been great. I figured the trans was out, so why not upgrade the input shaft? What is your reason for questioning which to go with?
Thank you for that insight! I will be pulling my transmission to replace the clutch soon. I figured, while I was already right there, I might as well improve upon the transmission and upgrade whatever can be upgraded, so as to help it live longer moving forward and handle more abuse than it could from the factory. I am going to do the rebuild myself. It will be a first for me to build a tranny, but I am looking forward to the challenge. I would hate to just replace a clutch and have a failure in the tranny. I see it as too much work to take that risk, so I have to do what I can to make it stronger. I will document the process once I get going on it. I’m gathering all of the necessary tools as we speak. I sure wish money grew on trees, but unfortunately it doesn’t, so this will be an expensive and lengthy process for me.

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
I upgraded to the 26 spline. It's a roll race / no prep car.

Vegas5OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 PP
I have the 26 spline, making 1200+ on it so far no issues. Roll race car

Sponsored

OP
OP
NGOT8R

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
you guys are making far more power than I am. I wonder at what point a 26 spline is actually needed?

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
@Vegas5OH and @Jeff's FRC, did you guys have Calimer install ceramic bearings in your transmissions as well?
I sent mine in about a year ago and wasn’t even asked about that. I just had him build me a stage 3, I thought it pretty much had all the upgrades…

OP
OP
NGOT8R

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Here is a copy an email reply that I received from CBR Bearing Inc.

Hi Adrian,

Thank you for your inquiry. I don't stock these bearings, so in order to quote you, I'd have to see them in person. I'm not sure ceramic hybrid bearings would be cost effective for a transmission as these sizes are in the ballpark of $150.00 each. Let me know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

Charlie Rowlett
CBR Bearing Inc.
Sponsored