Sponsored

How many are paying MSRP only for your GT500?

Nitebeat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I recall a thread was once posted in the GT350 forum that people posted up where they got their MSRP deals. I tried to find it to link here but was not successful. I say that because in all likelihood, if they did MSRP on GT350s early they are likely doing the same for GT500s. This is my case with my GT350 and my attempt at a GT500 at MSRP.
I can appreciate your candor but is the concern really that someone will walk into a dealership, get with a salesperson and have them change an order already placed and destined for a customer and give it to the new person? If this is so, then all hope is lost! If I’m mistaken, feel free to elucidate. The goal here is to ascertain which dealer(s) can actually get you a GT500 and NOT whack you over the head with a ridiculous markup. Since the 2020s are already in the past, persons such as myself are looking to get on board for the 2021s, before that door closes too! Thank you!
I recall a thread was once posted in the GT350 forum that people posted up where they got their MSRP deals. I tried to find it to link here but was not successful. I say that because in all likelihood, if they did MSRP on GT350s early they are likely doing the same for GT500s. This is my case with my GT350 and my attempt at a GT500 at MSRP.
Thank you for your effort!
Sponsored

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
I can appreciate your candor but is the concern really that someone will walk into a dealership, get with a salesperson and have them change an order already placed and destined for a customer and give it to the new person? If this is so, then all hope is lost! If I’m mistaken, feel free to elucidate. The goal here is to ascertain which dealer(s) can actually get you a GT500 and NOT whack you over the head with a ridiculous markup. Since the 2020s are already in the past, persons such as myself are looking to get on board for the 2021s, before that door closes too! Thank you!
In today's world there are plenty of unscrupulous people out there on both ends that what you describe is unfortunately what could happen.

I would suggest calling around to smaller dealerships just outside of major metropolitan areas and talk to them. As is the case with my dealership, their one and only 2020 allocation was "purchased" some time ago. No one had called them inquiring about their next allocation for 2020 or 2021 until I did. So now I am first in line for the next allocation they get after putting down my fully refundable $1,000 deposit. I trust them that they would not sell my MSRP promised deal to someone willing to pay ADM, especially since they currently don't even have an allocation. But in my mind, you have to look out for number one and just in case one of those unscrupulous people pop up, maybe my "deal" won't be lost due to being kind at this point. As soon as an allocation is signed for and it's going to go to me 100%, I will gladly share the details of this dealership.

I know many on here have said no more 2020 allocations and it's in writing. Well, maybe so, but I have also been told that there could, and I stress could, be additional 2020 allocations in the next 30-60 days. So, that is something to keep in mind.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
Unfortunately YES, this is the world we live in......My 2020 order/allocation is sitting in an unknown FORD waiting list of unknown outcome, i am assured by my dealer they have an another allocation, but was also assured I would get their first allocation which happened to go to Dealers owner which was only disclosed to me when i called them out on it (thanks snoop). So if you haven't had the pleasure of talking to 2 dozen dealers then you don't know what kind of people are out there. Not all hope is lost but Jeeze its getting close.....

Nitebeat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Unfortunately YES, this is the world we live in......My 2020 order/allocation is sitting in an unknown FORD waiting list of unknown outcome, i am assured by my dealer they have an another allocation, but was also assured I would get their first allocation which happened to go to Dealers owner which was only disclosed to me when i called them out on it (thanks snoop). So if you haven't had the pleasure of talking to 2 dozen dealers then you don't know what kind of people are out there. Not all hope is lost but Jeeze its getting close.....

Nitebeat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I HEAR you guys and I’m not naive but am certainly dismayed at the level of difficulty in purchasing an $ 80K car, popular and in short supply notwithstanding. AND I know the dealer games quite well as I stopped into my local Ford dealer two days ago to inquire about a 2020 GT500 and was told that they have two inbound and if I wanted one, “there would be a premium” on it. I acknowledged that fact and asked how much the premium would be and was told $ 50K above sticker! You read correctly, $ 50,000.00 ABOVE sticker. These are the kind of morons I have to deal with in my local area which is why I’m trying to ascertain a friendly “no games” dealer that will actually get an allocation and sell at MSRP or very close to it. Again, I can appreciate the hesitancy to give up your hand so to speak and wish you all the best of luck going forward. If, at any time, you DO feel comfortable revealing your successful dealership, feel free to post or send a PM regarding. It will certainly be appreciated! Thanks very much!

Sponsored

Sparko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Shelby GT 500 convertible
I paid sticker on mine from a NJ dealer, I will pay a 300 doc fee but they charge that on everything. my dealer has been totally above board.

Nitebeat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Hey
I paid sticker on mine from a NJ dealer, I will pay a 300 doc fee but they charge that on everything. my dealer has been totally above board.
Hey Sparko! Based on our previous conversations, I contacted your guy. Very nice BUT can’t help me until the 2021 order banks open at an as yet unspecified date later this year.

M1AK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Gt500
I HEAR you guys and I’m not naive but am certainly dismayed at the level of difficulty in purchasing an $ 80K car, popular and in short supply notwithstanding. AND I know the dealer games quite well as I stopped into my local Ford dealer two days ago to inquire about a 2020 GT500 and was told that they have two inbound and if I wanted one, “there would be a premium” on it. I acknowledged that fact and asked how much the premium would be and was told $ 50K above sticker! You read correctly, $ 50,000.00 ABOVE sticker. These are the kind of morons I have to deal with in my local area which is why I’m trying to ascertain a friendly “no games” dealer that will actually get an allocation and sell at MSRP or very close to it. Again, I can appreciate the hesitancy to give up your hand so to speak and wish you all the best of luck going forward. If, at any time, you DO feel comfortable revealing your successful dealership, feel free to post or send a PM regarding. It will certainly be appreciated! Thanks very much!
with how popular these cars are, it would not surprise me if some of the dealerships that have MSRP deals out for the 2020 start charging ADM when 2021 rolls around. I ordered a CFTP car in July with an ADM and what’s funny is that they Still have one base car left available but it’s ADM is higher than what I paid. I see that people said they only had to put down $1000.00 deposit which would have been nice because I had to drop a $20k deposit to secure the allocation.

Sparko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Shelby GT 500 convertible
Hey

Hey Sparko! Based on our previous conversations, I contacted your guy. Very nice BUT can’t help me until the 2021 order banks open at an as yet unspecified date later this year.
They are out of allocations for the 2020 model..if they know you want one they will give you the 2021 allocation ( if you commit now or soon ) or if you want one sooner secure a car at another dealer and you pay the fee they need to give the other dealer

Nitebeat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Y
They are out of allocations for the 2020 model..if they know you want one they will give you the 2021 allocation ( if you commit now or soon ) or if you want one sooner secure a car at another dealer and you pay the fee they need to give the other dealer
Yeah I don’t know of any dealers that have a car available, let alone that I would want (looking for black with the options I want). As for YOUR guy, he told me he has my name “on file” for a 2021 IF they get an allocation but did not ask for a deposit due to the uncertainty of receiving a 2021 allocation. Does this sound correct??

Sponsored

Nitebeat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
with how popular these cars are, it would not surprise me if some of the dealerships that have MSRP deals out for the 2020 start charging ADM when 2021 rolls around. I ordered a CFTP car in July with an ADM and what’s funny is that they Still have one base car left available but it’s ADM is higher than what I paid. I see that people said they only had to put down $1000.00 deposit which would have been nice because I had to drop a $20k deposit to secure the allocation.
This is what I mean with these dealers; it’s “Let’s Make A Deal” come to life for these cars.

dsz blade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT PP1
When you consider that it’s basically 20% down (with painted stripes) that isn’t that crazy. I only had to do 5% now.

I have a dealer that continues to call me about their allocation but when I pressure the salesman about the ADM and the options, I just get “Not sure yet.” It’s a decent sized dealer but they are in a rural/poorer part of the state so they must not have gotten the interest they had hoped the first time I talked to them.

Nitebeat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
When you consider that it’s basically 20% down (with painted stripes) that isn’t that crazy. I only had to do 5% now.

I have a dealer that continues to call me about their allocation but when I pressure the salesman about the ADM and the options, I just get “Not sure yet.” It’s a decent sized dealer but they are in a rural/poorer part of the state so they must not have gotten the interest they had hoped the first time I talked to them.
Hmmmmm. Not sure what you mean. This dealer you speak of has allocations inbound but is not sure about the details of these allocations or..........? Kindly expound on your statement please.

dsz blade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT PP1
Hmmmmm. Not sure what you mean. This dealer you speak of has allocations inbound but is not sure about the details of these allocations or..........? Kindly expound on your statement please.
They have one allocation (or 3 - they have 3 ford dealers in their group with one allocation each). When I talked to them in early October it sounded like at least 2 of those 3 were available. Maybe all of them. They were asking 10k ADM at the time but said they rather wait until the new year to really do a deal because to see how the ADM holds up on these.

He called me again and said they should have a green 500 coming soon. He didn’t know the price (options) or the ADM. Told him I’m not doing anything with a car that all I know is it’s green. I have a different deal in place so I didn’t care. I was entertaining it on the off chance it was MSRP. The way it sounds, it may be coming into a different dealer in their network than the one he works at. But again, I quickly became uninterested due to lack of knowledge.

There are 3-4 dealers I’ve called before that could possibly still have their allocation available. They were the ones that weren’t really interested in taking deposits til around this time.

Nitebeat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
They have one allocation (or 3 - they have 3 ford dealers in their group with one allocation each). When I talked to them in early October it sounded like at least 2 of those 3 were available. Maybe all of them. They were asking 10k ADM at the time but said they rather wait until the new year to really do a deal because to see how the ADM holds up on these.

He called me again and said they should have a green 500 coming soon. He didn’t know the price (options) or the ADM. Told him I’m not doing anything with a car that all I know is it’s green. I have a different deal in place so I didn’t care. I was entertaining it on the off chance it was MSRP. The way it sounds, it may be coming into a different dealer in their network than the one he works at. But again, I quickly became uninterested due to lack of knowledge.

There are 3-4 dealers I’ve called before that could possibly still have their allocation available. They were the ones that weren’t really interested in taking deposits til around this time.
I see. This begs the question.....as I am interested in acquiring one of these bad boys (if it’s near or at what I’m looking for), would you:

A) Care to inquire with the dealer(s) for the latest allocation update to help a guy out (me) or....

B) Wish to impart the dealer information to me so that I may follow up on the allocation status or....

C) Remain neutral and not get involved.

Any assistance (as you know) is greatly appreciated!

Thank You!
Sponsored