How loud is Active Exhaust?

Hanavarian

Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
Ticino 7D
The 9 speaker system is weak. I've replaced every speaker but the A pillar tweeters and it only got marginally better. If you're placing a factory order get the 12 speaker upgrade.
Good to know I have ordered 9 speaker and will definitely go with an amp first to just to see what happens then do speakers if needed and possibly a sub. Maybe $2K all in.

Wanted the B&O but the price bump from base EB vert to Premium + B&O to get it made no sense.
Advertisement

Thesauerchise

Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Kia Optima, 2021 Mach 1
I searched the threads on AE and found nothing about comparative sounds, just wiring and aftermarket version discussion.

I'm ordering a a '22 Monday (barring him telling me there is a year's wait for production) and am thinking about this option. I have a base '19 GT, how much louder is the rumble?

Also, I'm going to end up with the 9 speaker package I'm sure, but just so I know what to expect, is it decent?

My '19 was a spur of the moment purchase and it's very basic, need a few more options while keeping it stock.

Thanks for the input!
I will add my vote for AE. It’s standard on the Mach and I now couldn’t live without it. Quiet is legit tame, normal is a good sound but nothing crazy. Sport and track give you an adrenaline rush just from the sound. The differences are noticeable and appropriate IMO. Big big fan

Firsttexan

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT Premium, PP1,
[QUOTE="compprep, post: 3382928, member: 41560"
IIRC it's so loud that you can't get it in Europe as it doesn't meet their noise standards.
Your idea of loud vs mine or anyone else's is different also.
There must be someone near you with the AE that could give you a ride.
[/QUOTE]
It's loud enough to make the condo owners in my bldg complain. :like: I think it's just right.

rxryanm

Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTP PP1
AE or bust. I personally didn't think it was loud enough, so went Borla ATAK with a double H pipe.

BabyPanza

Reaction score
First Name
Cheryl
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi SQ5
Good to know I have ordered 9 speaker and will definitely go with an amp first to just to see what happens then do speakers if needed and possibly a sub. Maybe $2K all in.

Wanted the B&O but the price bump from base EB vert to Premium + B&O to get it made no sense.
Sorry, not following your math, you will spend $2k to upgrade the 9 speaker, but not $1k on B&O?

Vlad Soare

Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Also, you may end up spending $2k on top of the $1k if you later on discover that you don't like B&O either.

Austin1992

Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
I have AE and a res delete x pipe. Quiet mode sounds like a stock pick up cruising and normal driving, above 4000rpm it starts making noise again. Normal is considerably louder but doesn’t drone at all, silent at speed. Sport isn’t much louder revving or acceleration but it has a faint drone with the cruise set. Track is a little louder than sport and very noticeable louder than normal. Has a very obvious drone while driving at speed. I constantly get asked if my car is stock and told that it sounds good. I live out in bfe and there’s probably an acre of dense woods between my neighbors house and the road. Every once in a while when I leave for work driving normal shifting 2500-2800rpm, light throttle, I’ll get a text from him “sounds good neighbor!” Lol

and yes I would pay extra for lth from Ford….

PoCoBob

Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium

The biggest problem with the 9 speaker system is there's no bass. The speaker in the lower door is actually a decent speaker, the ones on the rear package tray have about a 1" magnet so I don't know what the point of them is. And the 3 1/2" in the upper door and center dash are just junk, I doubt Ford paid more than 50 cents for them.
Changing them to Kenwoods really made the sound a lot clearer. I know Kenwoods aren't the best quality but I went with what Crutchfields recommended for a speaker only change. Spending more on speakers without adding more power would be a waste and honestly I'm old enough that as long as I can still hear it I'm happy.
To get it to have some bass I've got the bass turned up to max and the treble and mid range turned way down. Then it doesn't sound too bad. I think some of the issue is at low volume the exhaust note may drown out some of the bass and I'm not a fan of cranking it up for long periods of time. I don't have a picture of the 3 1/2" but here's the rear deck speakers versus the Kenwood.

speakers.jpg

BabyPanza

Reaction score
First Name
Cheryl
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi SQ5
Also, you may end up spending $2k on top of the $1k if you later on discover that you don't like B&O either.
Can’t see not liking B&O. I have the 19 speaker B&O in my SQ5 and GT rivals it. Also, not sure everyone is aware, but I’ve heard from some audiophiles that like a lot of things on new cars, speakers need break in period so will sound better later.

BabyPanza

Reaction score
First Name
Cheryl
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi SQ5

DougS550

Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Their are You Tube Videos comparing the decibel levels on different modes and with X pipes etc. I like mine with Borla Switch fire. Just load enough.

cactus_kid

Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
LOL! My guess is, a lot more people would too, if they were factory installed and tuned.
I for one would be all over a stealth Mach 1. No stripes, no badges, no larger "Look at Me" spoiler. Naturally aspirated. Kind of like the C7 Grand Sport. Z06 underpinnings w/o the heat soak issues of the s/c. A few engine tweaks here and there ................ BLAMO ! A true rat racer !

Advertisement

160 - PK Auto Designs - 1
Advertisement