Sponsored

How long do you plan on keeping your S550?

dx2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1 Velocity Blue
If the GT will not show signs of very unusual deterioration I will keep it else I don't mind waiting another 10-11 months again for delivery of a new Mustang GT because for this one it was well worth it.

Sham_POW

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Around 5 years probably. I plan to have it paid off, then hold for at least a year. After that I'll probably get the itch to upgrade into something new altogether. C8 Z06, Porsche, R8.......

I live in a big city, and the local McLaren dealership gets some amazing stuff in their used car inventory. Something to aspire to, at least.

IamCDNJosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2015 F150 3.5EB FX4
Not sure, I might sell both for the new 2021 raptor.

Sponsored

RichGT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
Let just say, on the day of my burial. They will need to dig a hole ~ 8’wide x 19’6” long and ~ 13’ deep! And they say you can’t take it with you! Ha!

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
From a freshly started thread on here. Seemed appropriate for this one...

Had to make trip to cemetery to lay a good friend to rest. While I was there I seen a unique headstone. This person’s family is awesome for doing this. I would want my kids to do something like this for me.
5EC6210A-96F1-45BE-A224-CDE311C89580.jpeg

airjonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ecoboost
Awhile after I pay it off next year. I do want a v8 someday so I'll be looking to get one before the EV craze takes over.

Darkstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Oxford White.
A couple more years at least. I've been eying used M2 Comp's and Giulia Quadrifoglio's but this car is fun and easy to live with so I might just keep it.

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 2012 Corolla
The 2k rattle is so annoying, I’m giving mine 2-3 years at best. If it weren’t for the rattle, bbq tick, and diesel like sounds, it would likely hang around a lot longer. Not sure I want to go back to Ford because of this.
The Camaro is pretty cool.

Sponsored

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
The Camaro is pretty cool.
It is. Now if they could just raise the roof 6" so I don't have to open the door to get my order from the drive thru.

Seriously - I WANTED a Camaro before I bought my first Mustang. But as one great online review stated... (paraphrasing)...

"..if you're over 6', driving the Camaro is like sitting on your ass in a large bathtub with a huge sombrero on your head."

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 2012 Corolla
It is. Now if they could just raise the roof 6" so I don't have to open the door to get my order from the drive thru.

Seriously - I WANTED a Camaro before I bought my first Mustang. But as one great online review stated... (paraphrasing)...

"..if you're over 6', driving the Camaro is like sitting on your ass in a large bathtub with a huge sombrero on your head."
Damn. And I'm 6 foot 1.

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Damn. And I'm 6 foot 1.
I'm a 6'3" - and maybe it's just me - but there were so many blind spots. I'm sure you'd get used to it, driving it everyday - but I felt like I was sitting on the ground. And the angle where my arm rested on the door with the window open was just uncomfortable. But the T56 and the LSx - I still love that drive train.

I was surprised as anyone (probably more) when I first test drove that '16 EB 6 speed Mustang and actually really liked it. I had test driven a '14 GT 6 speed - and I just didn't like it enough.

When I bought my '17 - that was the first Mustang I'd owned in 10 years or more. I'd bought and fixed up - then resold several 60's Mustangs. And like an IDIOT I didn't keep the '68 Fastback. That was 20 years ago now - but I did make a GOOD chunk of profit. Original 390 4 speed New Mexico car.

BetOnBlack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Base, M/T
I drove my last two cars until they died. I plan to do the same with my '17. It's the first "new" (@15k miles) car I've bought, so I'm looking forward to keeping good care of it. My older cars with a bunch of miles and limited service history which was a headache. If the next gen Mustang still has a V8 and stick I might upgrade just for the new tech features. I'd love to have self driving features for long road trips.