Sponsored

How long do you plan on keeping your Mustang for?

kinchy

Kinchy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium - Magnetic Black Accent -Manual Previous was 2016 GT Premium PP-Magnaflow -Short Throw Shifter
May Be Longer Then Expected

I paid mine off this year -Just turned 16K miles, figured I'd convince myself to trade it in for an 2018. . After hearing about the improvements on the 18 specifically the power, suspension, active exhaust, digital gauge panel, Michelin's, better leather - I was ready. After doing a "build and price" on an 18 I'm looking at my 16 slightly differently. Replicating my current setup (cost $38,999 on 11/15) will be close to $48,000. That's a serious spanking for a Mustang GT. I can't justify that even in my mind and I really want it. Perhaps Ford is trying to see what the feedback will be on web pricing. Trading in the 16
and needing another $18K plus tax simply ain't happening.
Sponsored

ilkhan

435 ilkhan approved HP.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[Gone 2016 400A] > 2017 F150
Planned 2-3 years. Traded it in this morning after 1 yr 10 months, so.... close. Life needs changed (as expected).

I don't foresee owning another Mustang, unless I get super lucky. If I win the lotto I'll be back. Otherwise, my next car will be a Model 3 or a Model Y, and between that and the new truck and 2 wheelers I should be covered.

Mr. Dad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT w/PP Magnetic 6 spd; 2005 F150 FX4
A few people here have said they'd pass on the car to kids.

Obviously, this body / series have only been around since 2015 so we'll see how long they last, but I've never thought to pass on a > 2000 car to a kid. Maybe I guess?!?

A friend just restored '65 convertible for his friend. Ok - a classic car being brought back to life. I'd love to have time to do that.

I dunno if in about 40 years a kid of mine or another owner would want a '16 ecoboost convertible and go through the pain of whatever might be wrong with it.

(the restored car attached)
Restoring a 40 year old car is a lot different than passing on a car that is 4-10 years old. My son will be driving in 4 years. I doubt he'll be getting the Mustang as his first car, but maybe he'll get it eventually.

Tcstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium- Ordered
It's paid off in 4 and I usually go 2-3 years with out payments before the next one. So at least 6 more years.

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
How long? .....

As long as I can drive her or until they take the keys away from me. Who is they?

Well ....

1. Police Officers.
2. Guys in the white suits and padded rooms.
3. Wife

:lol:

Yeah I plan to keep her for a very long time. God willing. ;)

Sponsored

Berstuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brien
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP M/T Competition Orange
Drove my BMW for 10 years, plan to drive this Mustang at least as long.

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
I don't have a time frame for trading in cars. My Porsche and Audi were driven for a combined total of 15 years. My Genesis Coupe 3.8 however was traded in after 2 years because I hated the seats. The wife trades in every 3 years and technically the Mustang is her car so it depends on how well the car holds up mechanically and how the wife feels about keeping it. She is commuting to work this summer in the Mustang and so far she loves it. She is getting great MPG (26), insurance and personal property tax are cheap so as long as there are no signs of trouble it may just last longer than 3 years.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I guess at the moment I plan to keep the car indefinitely. I would never say I'm going to keep a car forever, because I'm open to changing my mind depending on circumstances. But right now I'm very happy with the GT350 and unless I start having some major issues I'll probably hang onto it.

However, if Ford comes out with a Boss 429 that has a 429 c.i. engine that makes big power and handles really well I might have to buy it. Or maybe a V8 twin turbo would tempt me. If the Mustang gets smaller/lighter and new models perform quite a bit better than what I have now - I might have to sell my car and get something newer. The same thing applies to other car brands. If there's a new car that is amazing I can't say that I won't sell the GT350 and buy it.

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
I planned on having this one for a long time, or until another Glass Roof option came out. But that was in December 2014, and I've since gotten a dog and simply need a different car for her to ride in. Plus the house needs some work and I'd rather put the money towards that right now..

Mustang was traded in this weekend, there will always be a better one down the road.

4 ROUSH

NONE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
Once the warranty expires . Its outta here, even if there were no major issues for the first 3 years.Sometimes even earlier, if need be. Extended coverage from the manufacturer is worth it , if you choose to keep the Mustang past 3yrs .Various plans with different pricing are available. :bolt:

Sponsored

x_man586

Thank you Diatoms
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White Mustang GT m6
I will trade in my 16 GT when my wife pays off her new 18 explorer that she doesn't have yet.

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
I'm hoping 10+ years out of this outdoor pony.

racered_ppGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
longest ive kept a car is almost 2 years....was going to keep my 2010 cobalt ss for forever i loved that car so much, not even full bolt ons and it made 290whp and 330wtq @24.5psi and only weighed about 2900lbs, but i got it when i was 17 so it was under my dads name(say what you want, i paid for it but didnt have credit to get the loan and the car was only like 13k) but when i left for boot camp he sold it, but technically it was in his name so he could do what he pleased and i wasnt mad, and when and when i traded i always got what i owed one the car so i was never upside down, also didnt buy very expensive cars, but it finally cought up to me with the mustang and i was upside down a little, but i got it for such a good price that i didnt really mind and its always been a dream car of mine(i know its just a mustang) but i dont really like very many high end cars, but ive owned if for just over a year now and ive already put 17.5k miles on it :cheers:
and also put about 9k miles on my 07 gli that i bought to daily last november (mustang still gets driven more than i expected) :lol:

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
As long as the repairs don't get more expensive than car payments. I hate car payments.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
trying my best to keep it forever. It's my first one and pretty obsessed with it. It would take a hell of a deal on a 350 or a 19 500 to make me get rid of it at this point.

Although I would rather get one of those cars and still have mine but daycare for 2 kids is like rape and cost more a month than a 350 payment+ my current gt payment :eyebulge:
Sponsored