Sponsored

How long did you want a Mustang before you got one and what did it take to make it possible?

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
Wanted a Mustang since the early 90's. Loved the 5.0 lx's, buddy had a 95 cobra. I was in high school then, and then adulting was required. Early 40's now, things are where I want them, so I pulled the trigger. Not regretting it one minute in the almost two months I have owned it.
Sponsored

Nickel

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Handling Package TR3160 w/Recaros
I grew up on muscle cars, spent time in friend's Mustangs, but I preferred lightweight cars that could corner considering I did most of my driving on the mountain and am very competitive. Had 5 Miatas, got an FRS, and then drove against some S550 Performance Packs and have had 2 since late 2018. In 2013, I started a government job in Finance and have been working my way up ever since. Back then, I never thought I'd have a car like this but times change and I only keep looking forward. Now I have a personal collection of some of the coolest cars I never thought that I would own along with some motorcycles. I had a personal goal of achieving things like this before I was in my 30s. I still wanted to be considered young and successful. This may not matter to other people but it did to me, seemed more special that way. My advice, don't compartmentalize or put it off. People spend way too much time saying they'll do something eventually and making very small goals for themselves. I saw a post today that said "Success is rewarded to those who get out there and f****n earn it." The word "wait" was scratched out. The morale of the story is if you try to make your own opportunities in life, amazing things can happen.

3C44102C-65EA-4F37-A6D6-87F2CB12A9EC.jpeg

2093286D-0315-4B06-AF34-5FAF9C6DBCAD.jpeg

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I grew up on muscle cars, spent time in friend's Mustangs, but I preferred lightweight cars that could corner considering I did most of my driving on the mountain and am very competitive. Had 5 Miatas, got an FRS, and then drove against some S550 Performance Packs and have had 2 since late 2018. In 2013, I started a government job in Finance and have been working my way up ever since. Back then, I never thought I'd have a car like this but times change and I only keep looking forward. Now I have a personal collection of some of the coolest cars I never thought that I would own along with some motorcycles. I had a personal goal of achieving things like this before I was in my 30s. I still wanted to be considered young and successful. This may not matter to other people but it did to me, seemed more special that way. My advice, don't compartmentalize or put it off. People spend way too much time saying they'll do something eventually and making very small goals for themselves. I saw a post today that said "Success is rewarded to those who get out there and f****n earn it." The word "wait" was scratched out. The morale of the story is if you try to make your own opportunities in life, amazing things can happen.

3C44102C-65EA-4F37-A6D6-87F2CB12A9EC.jpeg

2093286D-0315-4B06-AF34-5FAF9C6DBCAD.jpeg
Off topic, but I want to know. What are you using on the car? That thing is SHINY! Or is it just how the sun it hitting it in the pic? Either way, I still want to know what you're using. Beautiful car!

GT450

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT mustang manual
Wanted one since I saw Bullitt as a 15yo. as they are not (were not ) plentiful here over those years Ford Australia made GT Falcons which were performance sedans that were more than adequate in most iterations. The trouble with Mustangs were that you needed to convert them to RHD and comply to local regs which really cost more that most could afford to pay.
Over 50 years on and I traded my beloved Falcon GT on a Mustang GT , I would have liked a Bullitt but with limited imports here (750 ) and a difference of over $30k between one and a GT it was no brainer and like my Falcon I love it every time I push that start button.

Nickel

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Handling Package TR3160 w/Recaros
Off topic, but I want to know. What are you using on the car? That thing is SHINY! Or is it just how the sun it hitting it in the pic? Either way, I still want to know what you're using. Beautiful car!
Lots of mcguires wax, good sunlight, iPhone 11 portrait mode and some good ol editing.

Sponsored

Pkvir

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium-PP1
Had a Mustang back in the early 90's....and wanted another ever since.
First Mustang.jpg

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Lots of mcguires wax, good sunlight, iPhone 11 portrait mode and some good ol editing.
Sweet, I have all those things. I'll try to replicated the results. Thanks, hope you have a nice Thanksgiving.

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
I have a guy that does a good detailing and sealant twice a year, and then I Meguiars D15601 every other wash. Prob overkill, but it beads like crazy and shines.

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
Wanted one since I gave up my 89 LX 5.0 for a family wagon in 1990....got mine last year. Wanted to have cash to buy it. But other things in life got priority, family, kids, military, dirt biking, etc.....sold the house a couple years ago to move and had the cash to buy the Mustang.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Since 1987.

It took 21 years, but I got there.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I've had one around at any given time for the most part since I was in college 30 years ago (and a lot of stuff in between)....

VERN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
VERN
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500
I have a guy that does a good detailing and sealant twice a year, and then I Meguiars D15601 every other wash. Prob overkill, but it beads like crazy and shines.
Had a Mustang back in the early 90's....and wanted another ever since.
First Mustang.jpg
Wanted one since I gave up my 89 LX 5.0 for a family wagon in 1990....got mine last year. Wanted to have cash to buy it. But other things in life got priority, family, kids, military, dirt biking, etc.....sold the house a couple years ago to move and had the cash to buy the Mustang.
Wanted a Mustang in High School. Was first looking at 69 or 70 Mach 1. Had to wait until 1975. First Mustang was Mustang II. Not a great car and we parted ways after 3-4 years. In late 80s found a nice 67 convertible, C Code. Sold it on a whim to a gentleman who walked up to me while I was washing it and paid me what I thought was a large sum of money. Was in love with convertibles at that time. In the early 90s I bought a 69 GT 350 convert and hung on to that for 20 yrs. That was a beauty in Acalpulco Blue with white top (originally black top). Later sold it for a 70 Mach 1 around 2014. Was looking for something I could drive without the anguish of getting hit. The Shelby was a real beauty. Come 2007 bought a Gt 500 , followed in 2016 by GT350 and now GT 500. What a difference in stability between 2007 GT 500 and 2020. The 2007 had awesome power compared to any car I had ever been in up until that time. It however was very prone to loosing the back end and for that reason I am very respectful of these cars because bad things can happen in an instant. If I had actually got that 69 or 70 Mach I as a teen I probably would not be here. With age comes brains.

Last edited:

Iconicgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
I had a 03 for ten years, that in my mind was my forever car and that once the kids were grown I’d mod it etc. Needed the money a few years ago and sold it. Figured I’d give it another shot!

cowzrul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT500, '20 F-Pace SVR, '19 F250
I owned a 79 Mustang while in high school and didn't like it. Went to a 74 Camaro with a 396 BB and loved it! Through out the years owned several 280z, GTR, 350z, 370z and then I bought the new 2105 Mustang GT. I really like it but didn't drive it often. After that I bought a 2018 BMW M2 which was fun. When I saw the GT500 coming out I decided that is I what I wanted. Couldn't bring myself to pay ADM until I got COVID and was in the ICU for 10 days. I told myself if I survived I was buying one. A week out of the hospital my wife and son went and bought it for me.

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
I was stuck in traffic driving by a ford dealership lot, saw this Mustang in a unusual color and stopped in to take a look at it and two hours later drove off the lot with it. Almost three years later still like it as much as I did the first day.
Sponsored