Sponsored

How light should the clutch feel and what should I look out for to see if it is Burnt up or slipping

Nate malchin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp2
Hey guys. I recently installed a Mcloed rst twin disk clutch with an aluminum flywheel on my 2018 mustang gt performace pack. The clutch has about 650 miles on it. This is my first after market clutch and I really don’t know what to look for. My clutch pedal feels super light. If I had to take a guess I would say that it is lighter than the stock clutch pedal. I Also have no idea of it is slipping or not. Every test I have ran says it’s not like flooring it in higher gears to see if the rpm’s rise quickly, witch they do not. In lower gears I feel as if the car rev up super fast and I don’t know if that’s because on the shorter 3.73 gears or not. If anyone has any insite or things that I could to to see if it is slipping or burnt up please let me know.
Sponsored

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Twin disc clutches are very light like stock so that shouldn't be a problem. Doubtful you've burnt the clutch up in under 1k miles unless you totally skipped the break in period.

OP
OP

Nate malchin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp2
I did the break in period, Mcloed says about 1000 shifts or 500 Miles witch I did.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
I would assume your fine unless there's obvious signs of slippage. Hard to say from your description but that doesn't usually happen with a new aftermarket clutch. Lots of other things that could go wrong but it sounds like yours is solid.

OP
OP

Nate malchin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp2
Would the clutch slip in 1s and 2nd gear but not slip in 3,4,5,6. Or if the clutch isn’t slipping in higher gears it won’t slip in Lower gears.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Aluminum flywheel is MUCH lighter than the stock dual mass one, so it allows the engine to rev way faster. Sounds like you're just fine.
Sponsored