Sponsored

How late is too late to order a 2023MY Mustang GT from the dealer?

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
The FORD web-site still lists a 2022 Mustang to price and build. I'm waiting to see what options have changed and the final price of the 23 GT premium before ordering. The dealership I go to in NJ said they require a $500 non-refundable deposit.
The 2023 order guide is posted in another thread here so you can see all available colors and options. Your dealer will have pricing
Sponsored

dvercs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost HPP
The FORD web-site still lists a 2022 Mustang to price and build. I'm waiting to see what options have changed and the final price of the 23 GT premium before ordering. The dealership I go to in NJ said they require a $500 non-refundable deposit.
Don't quote me, but I'm pretty sure it literally took months for them to update the price and build configurator last time.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Don't quote me, but I'm pretty sure it literally took months for them to update the price and build configurator last time.
Yep, I believe it was at least January before it was up and running, if not later.

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
23 will be so close to the 22 any dealer can eat the difference. the pricing should be just about the same.

Wingnutzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EB
MY22 they started taking orders in Nov 21 as I remember. Production started in early Jan 22. 2022 Build and Price not posted to web until 1 March 22. But you can view the Dealer Order Guide to select your options. Helps to be smart when working with your dealer.

Sponsored

Lgb0250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Premium, 22 Lexus 450h Luxury
pricing on the MY23 GT Premium went up $300 from the MY22.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Sweet, thank you!

Anything else I should know about this process? I wish CA wasn't so far from Iowa! I'll be looking into UShip.
Uship is an iffy way to transport cars. I've seen shippers strap over the paint to tie cars down!

Lgb0250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Premium, 22 Lexus 450h Luxury
Uship is an iffy way to transport cars. I've seen shippers strap over the paint to tie cars down!
and Iā€™ve used them on two shipments that went perfect. Just make sure you read all their reviews and communicate prior to selecting a particular shipper.

OP
OP
J_Li

J_Li

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Scion tC, '23 GT Premium in MP (future)
and Iā€™ve used them on two shipments that went perfect. Just make sure you read all their reviews and communicate prior to selecting a particular shipper.
Do you mind DMing me who you used/would recommend for shipping? The one experience I had with Uship 10 years ago wasn't a good one.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Yes, and make sure more of their reviews are actually for vehicles.

Sponsored
OP
OP
J_Li

J_Li

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you to everyone who mentioned Granger. I've been in contact with them and their price is definitely reasonable. They seem to have streamlined the process for those ordering remotely as well.

However, when I asked how long the build would take they said 6-9 months. Is this the same across the board for all dealerships? I definitely want to get the 2023. Am I at greater risk of not getting the order fulfilled by ordering through a popular dealership like Granger?

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Thank you to everyone who mentioned Granger. I've been in contact with them and their price is definitely reasonable. They seem to have streamlined the process for those ordering remotely as well.

However, when I asked how long the build would take they said 6-9 months. Is this the same across the board for all dealerships? I definitely want to get the 2023. Am I at greater risk of not getting the order fulfilled by ordering through a popular dealership like Granger?
Considering the plant wonā€™t flip to 2023 until the end of November, 6 months from now probably isnā€™t out of line. Depends on how many people are in front of you at Granger (although Iā€™m not even sure if that matters with Fordā€™s lottery ball way of scheduling). Might be worth calling around to other dealers in your area and see what they say for timing.

OP
OP
J_Li

J_Li

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I made some calls and didn't have success finding anyone close by who could sell the car for below invoice. I also had a little further communication with Granger, and based on what they've told me I should be ok with my order since I'm getting in so early.

That said, I just completed the paperwork and ordered a 2023 GT Premium in MP!šŸ˜

I've waited over 20 years to buy this car, so to say I'm stoked is an understatement!
Sponsored