Sponsored

How I Tapped for Boost Gauge Illumination

suprmario96

Hi3 Motorsports
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 Mustang GT/6S Oxford White
Since I searched and found no definitive answer, I figured I'd help the community. This is on a 2015 GT base. All schematics are from Ford through alldatadiy(I highly recommend them as it has all the definitive info).

I needed to find 12v when the parking lights came on to illuminate my Autometer Boost Gauge. As you may or may not know, most of all the wires in this car are run through modules and so there isn't 12v as easily accessible as it used to be. The below is 12v coming from a relay that is powering all the park lamps...tap into this and your done, well and ground the negative wire to a bolt in the same passenger foot well area.

Enjoy

367210-567519cf8488db6d0a3d8990804b792e.jpg
park lamp circuit.jpg
Sponsored

s550cano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
bringing this thread back from the dead as I'm in the same situation now. Where/how did you tap into the 12V system? Any pics would be great as well!

OP
OP
suprmario96

suprmario96

Hi3 Motorsports
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 Mustang GT/6S Oxford White
bringing this thread back from the dead as I'm in the same situation now. Where/how did you tap into the 12V system? Any pics would be great as well!
good i'm glad it may help you...do you see the pics at the begining? There is a Violet/White wire in one of the plugs that has 12v and turns on with the lights(when the sensor automatically turns on headlights, this wire has 12v.)

s550cano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
I tried to use the fuse tap method. I tapped into #23 on the passenger side fuse panel. I grounded it to the metal bracket next to the fuse panel. And my gauge has no lights. Not sure what I did wrong.

Mantis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I tried to use the fuse tap method. I tapped into #23 on the passenger side fuse panel. I grounded it to the metal bracket next to the fuse panel. And my gauge has no lights. Not sure what I did wrong.
did you use a meter to measure the output of the lead from the fuse panel tap? could be a bad tap, bad fuse etc.

Sponsored

s550cano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
did you use a meter to measure the output of the lead from the fuse panel tap? could be a bad tap, bad fuse etc.
I did not, I don’t have a multimeter. It’s on the short list of things to buy though. I’m going to try and move the ground as well and see if that does anything.

Mantis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I did not, I don’t have a multimeter. It’s on the short list of things to buy though. I’m going to try and move the ground as well and see if that does anything.
If you are not ready to bite the bullet for a meter yet they sell cheap 12v testers with an led built in. You can use that to test your power and ground. In the days if radio shack i would pickup a small 12v bulb and socket and use those for testing.

Last edited:

s550cano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
If you are not ready to bight the bullet for a meter yet they sell cheap 12v testers with an led built in. You can use that to test your power and ground. In the days if radio shack i would pickup a small 12v bulb and socket and use those for testing.
I may go that route!! Thank you
Sponsored