How I improved the B&O sound quality for free

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Yesterday had my tuner unplug the center speaker. took all of ten minutes. Easier than pulling the kick panel. Plus, no cut wires!

20200720_110641_HDR.jpg
Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Yesterday had my tuner unplug the center speaker. took all of ten minutes. Easier than pulling the kick panel. Plus, no cut wires!

20200720_110641_HDR.jpg
Was he was able to remove the top trim panel without removing the gauge and vent pods?

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t see how that’s possible to remove without trim removed

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
The dash simply snaps together like legos. I stood there in the shop and watched him. He has a full set of those funny looking trim removal tools that look like warped tongue depressors. Simply inserted it at the leading edge and worked from left to right. The section with the vents and gauges will tilt forward enough to pop the cover off the speaker. Removed the two the two small mounting screws. Lifted out the small speaker and unplugged it. John fabricates the parts for and, builds race cars. He knows what he's doing. This isn't the first one he's pulled apart. That's why I use him.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I mean I never pulled the grille out

I pulled the trim though, and I figure you needed the piece I removed to let it pop out.

I swore the trim
Had a lip covering the grille but could of been mistaken

I had the dash apart couple times for acm swap etc just snipped wire for radio under kick panel lol

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
The dash simply snaps together like legos. I stood there in the shop and watched him. He has a full set of those funny looking trim removal tools that look like warped tongue depressors. Simply inserted it at the leading edge and worked from left to right. The section with the vents and gauges will tilt forward enough to pop the cover off the speaker. Removed the two the two small mounting screws. Lifted out the small speaker and unplugged it. John fabricates the parts for and, builds race cars. He knows what he's doing. This isn't the first one he's pulled apart. That's why I use him.
Good to know it can be done. Next time I need that grille off I will do it that way with my trusty warped tongue depressor. :thumbsup:

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
I mean I never pulled the grille out

I pulled the trim though, and I figure you needed the piece I removed to let it pop out.

I swore the trim
Had a lip covering the grille but could of been mistaken

I had the dash apart couple times for acm swap etc just snipped wire for radio under kick panel lol
Feel bad I only took one picture. When I take the '19 Cali Special up this Friday, I will take more pictures when he unplugs the center speaker on that car.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Feel bad I only took one picture. When I take the '19 Cali Special up this Friday, I will take more pictures when he unplugs the center speaker on that car.
If a picture is worth a thousand words... a video would be worth a bajillion right?

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Problem with that is 1) I don't want to piss off my wrench by leaning over his shoulder when he's working. 2) He's also going to do the forscan thing on the CA Spec. Bambi mode, shut off the double honk, etc. Then, remove that deadweight subwoofer from the trunk. I stay out of his way when he's working.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Can somebody post a picture of a 2019 B&O (I have a Bullitt) to know the exact wire? I ask because the pictures I have the wire is on the rear connector, and on my car the only green wire I can see is in the MIDDLE connector; a beige one. And unfortunately, my stupid trim is right up there with the connector, rather than a couple of inches lower, like the posted picture I have. Looks like I won't be able to add a switch without removing all that crap, which I really don't want to do. Will take another look at it tomorrow, and take a picture, in case nobody posts one before, to get confirmation it's the correct wire. Thx.

Sponsored

Clump

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Can somebody post a picture of a 2019 B&O (I have a Bullitt) to know the exact wire? I ask because the pictures I have the wire is on the rear connector, and on my car the only green wire I can see is in the MIDDLE connector; a beige one. And unfortunately, my stupid trim is right up there with the connector, rather than a couple of inches lower, like the posted picture I have. Looks like I won't be able to add a switch without removing all that crap, which I really don't want to do. Will take another look at it tomorrow, and take a picture, in case nobody posts one before, to get confirmation it's the correct wire. Thx.
Have you tried surround mode? It makes a big difference in the center speaker, removes a lot of the harshness. Once I switched back and forth between stereo and surround a few times I settled on surround and don't need to disconnect the center speaker. I do have old and abused ears, so YMMV. Worth a try.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Problem with that is 1) I don't want to piss off my wrench by leaning over his shoulder when he's working. 2) He's also going to do the forscan thing on the CA Spec. Bambi mode, shut off the double honk, etc. Then, remove that deadweight subwoofer from the trunk. I stay out of his way when he's working.
I can respect that. A good wrencher is hard to find.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Removing the drivers kick panel is rather easy. I have to remove mine to replace a broken clip (came that way from the factory). I could take a video for you.
Your Bullitt should have the same connectors and look almost identical to this pic. You likely have a few more wires in the grey plug for the subwoofer signals. Here is a picture of the wiring, the brown connector closest to the firewall is were the center channel wires are:
IMG_1252-1.jpg

I opted to unplug the center channel at the dash because I did not want to cut any wires.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
I can respect that. A good wrencher is hard to find.
And, most shops now days do not want the customers wandering around. It is called liability.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Removing the drivers kick panel is rather easy. I have to remove mine to replace a broken clip (came that way from the factory). I could take a video for you.
Your Bullitt should have the same connectors and look almost identical to this pic. You likely have a few more wires in the grey plug for the subwoofer signals. Here is a picture of the wiring, the brown connector closest to the firewall is were the center channel wires are:
IMG_1252-1.jpg

I opted to unplug the center channel at the dash because I did not want to cut any wires.
Much easier imo. It’s what I did just reached up there didn’t even take kick panel off think I used a small pair toe nail clippers lol
Sponsored