Sponsored

How good was your dealer delivery prep?

pigdoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Premium 6MT MM/Saddle
Mine was one of last '15 made, and the dealer did a decent job at prep. BUT: I had requested no dealer decals and they put one on the back, had to make them remove it. Also, the tire pressure was 38+ at all wheels when cold. Finally, the salesman was pretty clueless as to explaining to me the details of how the car worked (phone, etc). Ran into him a month later and he was pursuing a new career. But I have loved my EB since.
Sponsored

OzS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT Fastback
Salesmen called today... said the car is done. ?? He said the paint guys came in this morning and knocked it out in a day. Apparently the paint sealant (promised exterior and interior protection packages) was being applied as he spoke. I can pick it up at 9 tomorrow.

Ok guys ... I don't know anything about automotive paint ... can it be that they repaired this that fast and it will look good? Doesn't paint require time to harden before sealant can be applied??
I think with modern two pack paints the surface is 'dry' immediately, and should be good to polish.

Any automotive painters out there to confirm?

5starr0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
was waiting to see it was my dealer when i opened this thread

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
i still want to kick their azz, saving the cleaning of inside windows for when i go back in two weeks. i mean really a new car with dirty inside windows.
You do know that the chemicals that cause the 'new car' smell from your interior will keep depositing themselves on the inside of your windows for a while, right? It does make sense to do (another) window cleaning after a while, to get that stuff off.

OP
OP
saleen367

saleen367

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 - N3451 2015 Focus Titanium
Appreciate all the replies. I'm kinda shocked at the negative responses. What has happened to the auto dealers pride of delivering a beautiful new vehicle? I'm starting to see a trend that is unsettling.

I've been buying new vehicles since 1985 (Mustang SVO), but this is the 1st time I've encountered an issue this bad.

Sponsored

OP
OP
saleen367

saleen367

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 - N3451 2015 Focus Titanium
Picked up at the dealer and all is well. I have no idea if they did the protection pkgs and really don't care at this stage.
The car looks good, the paint repaired and I'm done with it.

Now ... let the fun begin.

Falcon01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost Premium PP Manual
My PDI was pretty good except...it was actually a Post Delivery Inspection, done the day after I took home the car as service was closed on labor day and I had an appointment for my broken glove box door on tuesday. They did VIN Etching (Free) and washed the car again. The paint looks good and I watched them the whole time. Only put .3 miles on the car, so I'm pleased. No front plate was drilled and I removed a majority of interior plastics myself. No dealer sticker (per my request) either. The car came off the truck a few days before and I expected that it was PDI'd by the time I got it. My tires were also filled up to 38-39 PSI. What's normal for Ecoboost PP tires?
Sponsored