Sponsored

StreeTaco

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
I have faith that the TH will include the sunroof.. I don’t think any of the media trucks we’ve seen thus far are actually production units. Hybrid production supposedly started 4/1, the Drive event was around that same time.. I don’t think they would’ve had actual production units on hand for people to jump. These units may be some early assembly line primers.. several reports of transmissions overheating on TH and Pro during the Drive event. This is however just speculation, hoping I’m right, but I’ll probably eat my words soon enough when someone on here replies with their own ideas on the matter
Sponsored

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
man first world problems, picking between the 2 halos. It could very well be a coin flip you'll probably love both. Ask your dealer if they'll move you to the back of the TH list by default if you switch trims this late in the game, as that would be top of mind for me if I had money down on a PRO since early last year.

If you don't need all the underside protection for getting your ATV to the trail, I'd go PRO. The ISO dyn seats should really benefit the passenger because their back muscles are reactive, the driver is mainly active because they're anticipating the upcoming bumps. But like everyone says, the PRO sounds like it'll soak up every divot at speed on those long service roads.

At the drive event I saw some footage of the PRO taking on some volleyball sized rock sections of trail, looked good to me. Nice lift, looked really capable, stable.

DG_TRDPro

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler
There are a lot of differences between to two if you break it down. The steel skids are probably the biggest difference. If you are planning to drive over rocky trails a lot you will eventually break the aluminum skids on the pro and have to kick out $$$ to replace them. Steel is going to serve you better in the long run.

As to suspension. I don’t know enough about it. I would guess the Pro is going to have a softer ride. But I could be wrong.

You can also option for a 6ft bed in the TH.

JakeJoeBob

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
I want the Pro. I live in socal so you can transition from Overlanding to Desert Running in the same weekend trip. The Pro is best suited to that. The iso seats seem like a neat gimmick, one of those things we are going to look back at and be like "oh yeah that was neat". It's usally just my Wife and I or My Brother and I so the lack of space doesn't bother me. My back seat is for backpacks and dogs. Down the line thow some CBI Sliders and maybe and brrow the TH's Axle dump for more headroom when doing more technical trails.

BourbonRunner

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, German Money Pit, Rusty Toyota
I'm with the OP. I like the TH's bronze oxide quite a bit but Terra is a stunningly beautiful color. Both TH or Pro would suit my needs but I'm personally leaning to the TH because of the 6ft bed and the moon roof. I plan on using my bed as a bivouac when camping/overlanding until I can afford a RTT, and cramming my 6' frame into a 5 ft bed aint in the cards.

That being said, it may turn out the Pro has the better on-road manners compared to the TH and the rest of the line, much the way the Gladiator Mojave is light years beyond any other Gladiator on the road on account of its suspension. I got a chance to side by side a JTM and JTR last year and the Mojave was far better as a daily than the Rubicon. If I were to buy a JT is would be a Mojave or nothing.

Trail performance is a different animal- having barreled down washboards in a JTM with a JLUR following, I was MUCH faster and more stable than they were. But they could outdo the JTM in the rocks because of the front locker.

OP
OP
entropy

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crossover
Do you guys know if the MTS options are different for TRD Pro vs Trailhunter? Haven't seen any videos cycling through the MTS on the Trailhunter, only the Pro. Doug mentioned the Rock option while reviewing the Trailhunter but he might have misspoke.

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
Do you guys know if the MTS options are different for TRD Pro vs Trailhunter? Haven't seen any videos cycling through the MTS on the Trailhunter, only the Pro. Doug mentioned the Rock option while reviewing the Trailhunter but he might have misspoke.
Same 5 drive modes between both trims

taco4moro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road Premium
So what happens if you want to add a roof rack with cargo boxes? Would that still be possible with a moonroof?
Yes the moonroof is designed in a way that retracting the glass sinks down and goes inside the roof between the liner and the metal, rather than sticking out above the roof. It shouldn't interfere with any rack setup. I'll take pics when I get a chance.
Sponsored