Sponsored

How good of a deal is this?

bigred90gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
$10k depreciation in 3 years is not bad man. and that's $10k off MSRP, not what you paid for it. Not knowing what your last trade was valued at, they are basically offering you what you paid for it 3 years ago. If you honestly think you'll get a better trade value anywhere else, best of luck. if you like the new one, my suggestion is to jump on it.
Sponsored

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
Not entirely good deal because I bought my 16 California Special automaic for $36k last year MSRP $42k.
You should be able to get a brand new one for around that money.
Personally, if your current car is so new, I would not trade it in. Just drive it and mod it.
That is better deal than a Ford employee gets! Good job.

OP
OP

70monte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT
$10k depreciation in 3 years is not bad man. and that's $10k off MSRP, not what you paid for it. Not knowing what your last trade was valued at, they are basically offering you what you paid for it 3 years ago. If you honestly think you'll get a better trade value anywhere else, best of luck. if you like the new one, my suggestion is to jump on it.
I got $6,000 trade-in on my last car which was a 2004 Monte Carlo SS Dale Jr edition with the supercharged 3800 V6 and 100,600 miles on it.

This was what I was offered at two Ford dealerships and one Dodge dealership.

Granted MSRP wasn't what I paid but I did have what was basically $6,000 of my own money in the deal with my trade-in. I only got about $4,000 off of the car price with the rebate and the negotiated discount I was able to talk them down to which for it being a base model car, I guess was okay. It ended up being about $172 over invoice.

Wayne

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
Why do some dealers refuse to 'discount' a car that remains on the lot?

My dealer has had a 2015 GT sitting on the lot for about 10 months. I have repeatedly asked my salesman the asking price...and it has not changed since it arrived.
Friends have started to joke about the car needing a new coat of paint from sitting out in the weather for so long.
Somebody (Ford/Dealer?) has to be loosing money on this car.
Sponsored