Sponsored

How good is Royal Purple Oil?

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Nothing wrong with good old Motorcraft Full Synthetic 5W-30.
Absolutely, for a normal street driven car whatever the manufacturer calls for is generally more than enough.

It's when you take the engine and go well beyond what any engineer ever imagined is when you have to start thinking of getting something "better".

I know Ford does extreme durability tests, and they have a version of the Coyote out in IMSA racing series...but I'm willing to bet alot of money that they didn't design MC synthetic blend 5w20 for either of those scenarios.
Sponsored

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Absolutely, for a normal street driven car whatever the manufacturer calls for is generally more than enough.

It's when you take the engine and go well beyond what any engineer ever imagined is when you have to start thinking of getting something "better".

I know Ford does extreme durability tests, and they have a version of the Coyote out in IMSA racing series...but I'm willing to bet alot of money that they didn't design MC synthetic blend 5w20 for either of those scenarios.
I like to know what oil comes in the Mustang GTD! LOL

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Last edited:

Sponsored

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

For sure. And if you go FI, go with whatever Whipple, Roush, etc. recommend. And if you go even bigger than that, go with what your engine builder recommends

Sponsored

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
That’s all I run ! 10,000 miles OCI
Mustang GT and SC 5.0 Rover. The friendly Amazon driver drops off at my side door.

IMG_2924.jpeg

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
If you look at oil specs, anything that meets A3/B4

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Most of the well known oils meet or exceed expectations of manufacturer. I stick to Motorcraft synthetic blend and never had any issues with any Fords. My previous Coyote ran to a healthy 130K miles, not burning any oil. I am sure some Oil analysis freaks will be swearing by different oils.
You’re 100% right regarding well know oils meeting specs but i don’t get the “blend” part.
you pay more for no credible advantages over “regular “ oil. On top of that there is no minimum legal percentage of synthetic required to be able to call it “Synthetic blend”
You could have 99% regular and 1% synthetic in it
Furthermore the main advantage of synthetic is it’s resistance to high temperatures.
if 80 or 90% of your oil cannot resist high temperature, doesn’t matter if the other 10 or 20% can
“Blend” is nothing more than a great marketing snow job
Sponsored

Last edited: