Sponsored

How Ford Made the GT500 and GT350 the Right Kinds of Loud

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The ford GT was actually in some customer hands before ford released HP/TQ. What a joke.

I imagine final numbers will be released in July. First arrivals very late sept or early oct. Then production for carbon packages shut down until March again. We’ll be lucky to see any carbon cars before March next year. Probably 100 maybe 200 of them this year.
Waiting to release the numbers gives some of the hard core fans a better chance to get an early car. People that are going to buy the car no matter what the numbers are.
Sponsored

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Reading that really makes me want to find a set of equal length long tubes for my GT350. I could care less if it "sounds like a Mustang". Part of the reason I bought the car was for the exotic engine. The less like Mustang V8 it sounds like, the better.

bdub85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Package Shadow Black
I agree with you but I don’t think this is like the piped in sound from the other models, this is active noise cancellation. And I’m sure someone will be able to disable it.
If it is just active noise cancelling, it could be nice to defeat the drone but I also enjoy the drone. It will be easy to turn off.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Reading that really makes me want to find a set of equal length long tubes for my GT350. I could care less if it "sounds like a Mustang". Part of the reason I bought the car was for the exotic engine. The less like Mustang V8 it sounds like, the better.
I agree. I have held back from doing it so far for a couple reasons: 1. emissions. I think the electric car stuff is BS and hype, but I don't want to remove emissions from my car. 2. Warranty. If I keep the car beyond warranty coverage that will be the time to start making the more serious mods.

dires114

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 GT500, 2017 Focus RS, 2019 GT350R
This active noise cancellation made bile come up my mouth.

Same thing happened with the Focus RS. At least we found that there was a dedicated physical module that generated the fake engine noise. The forum members got to calling it the Fake Engine Noise Generator. Once we all knew what it was / what it did, we all unplugged the FENG. Mod #1.

Does anyone know if it's gonna be that easy on the 2019's, esp with this B&O system now coming in standard?

Sponsored

dires114

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Actually, for anyone who has already taken possession of a 2019, can you find a FENG in your trunk? It should look like a small mini-amp piggy-backed onto the main system amp? Disconnect it from the system amp and see if there is a difference WOT crossing 6k

dires114

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just realized, I'm talking about my (just purchased but not yet received) 2019 GT350R, and this is a 2020 GT500 thread. Sorry for the confusion. Can anyone who already has a 2019 GT350/R see if you've got a FENG?

GrabberBlue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT350
Who cares if there is drone at 6k RPM? It's a race car, no one should be cruising down the freeway at 6k RPM.

Braaaaaap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99' Toyota 4Runner (Supercharged), 20' GT350
I switched it off because i want to hear the real thing developed by the bros from the engineering department and not an artificial sound any pacman programmer thought would be nice for me. The droning of my 2018 GT350 at 6000/min is real and feels violent while the artificial sound was just annoying.
This active noise cancellation made bile come up my mouth.

Same thing happened with the Focus RS. At least we found that there was a dedicated physical module that generated the fake engine noise. The forum members got to calling it the Fake Engine Noise Generator. Once we all knew what it was / what it did, we all unplugged the FENG. Mod #1.

Does anyone know if it's gonna be that easy on the 2019's, esp with this B&O system now coming in standard?
Actually, for anyone who has already taken possession of a 2019, can you find a FENG in your trunk? It should look like a small mini-amp piggy-backed onto the main system amp? Disconnect it from the system amp and see if there is a difference WOT crossing 6k
Have any of you figured out how to disable the noise cancellation? I know my 20' 350 has it because I have a loud drone every time the door is cracked. I honestly want to drive with the doors cracked just to hear the exhaust as it is!
Sponsored