Sponsored

How fast is the clutch engagement on manual cars ?

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
As topic says, sometimes on the strip or the road, fast shifting on high rpms lock me out of gear, even the clutch pedal is fully engaged. Today it locked me out of 4th gear on a high rpm fast shifting again. When the car is parked and if i press the clutch pedal really quick i can hear that it takes some time for the clutch to finish the operation due to the noises i hear. Is there really a lag in these tranny's or its time to visit the service?
Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Sounds more like your clutch engagement is fine. The shifter is what's locking you out. It's rubber mounted and has a bunch of pieces it shouldn't really need allowing for a lot of play all to reduce NVH. Put in a shifter bracket or replace the shifter and you'll feel a world of difference there.

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
Do you have any mods for your shifter? If not and you don't want to blow a ton of cash off the bat you can get a shifter bushing insert would help a lot, also transmission bushing insert is good to add while your down there, and remove that stock clutch assist spring either leave it out or replace it with the steeda one, later down the line pick up a new stainless braded clutch line. These would clear up your issues then you will have to work on the wheel hop.

Tofino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT stick.
I never have any problems with mine....not when it was stock, or now with the short throw i put on.
Sponsored