Sponsored

How does Ford Pass rewards work.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I ask because Ford does not seem to know how their own program works. I signed up and did all I was suppose to do to get my 42k points for buying a new car. First I was told 30 days, then 60 days. They checked everything is done correctly. Still No points. Whatever was told to wait yet another week. I mean what does a electronic system need 60 days for?

OK so after looking around their web page and app. I still have no clue how this works. All they tell you is you can use it for many services and items and anything with ford even buying a new car... awesome. Well all the web page will tell you is you can get 3 services with the new car buying points and that is about all it tells you. How does buying other services or parts or cars work? No info, no sheets, no pdfs. . .nada. Only other thing it tells you is you get 10 points for every dollar spent... woot... on what? expires? Points exchange rate for when I do want to buy something? Can they be used on the web pages? There is absolutely zero info on this program.

So while on the phone with ford I ask the guy how does the program work and what exactly can I use it for and how? I know I get 10 points for every dollar but what to the points equal out too money wize for services and parts and can I buy parts? He has no idea, he asks a supervisor who also has no idea. I ask is there any info anywhere on this program? They tell me no. So all I know about this massive money saving rewards program is I get my first 3 services done for free if I get the new car points... which seems i'm not gonna get. And every dollar I spend I get 10 points...... and that's it that's all the info there is.

So tired of these companies making and spending millions setting up programs that no one knows how to use and they give the customers zero info on. I mean what is the point?

Has anyone used the free reward points to get their first oil change? seeing how the GT uses 10 plus quarts of oil I seriously doubt the entire thing is free? Probably includes upto 5 quarts knowing dang well it uses over 10.. anyone use it? was it totally free?
Sponsored

bdm219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1, 401A, AE, B&O
Ford Pass - Account - Ford Pass Rewards - Click Redeem - Complimentary Maintenance is on us - Enjoy your 42,000 FordPass Rewards Points. Redeem them toward helping take care of your first three maintenance visits.

I believe this should cover three oil changes from how it was explained to me. I have yet to use mine, I actually have 53,490 as this isn't my first Ford. But to be honest, until I bought my 19, I never even opened the Ford Pass app.

TheReaper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT
I've used it for tire rotation and oil changes for the last 6 years.

86pagt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dale
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
You can also use it for parts. I used some of them for a set of all weather Ford mats because I will be doing my oil changes.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Post it on their Social Media and maybe that will get you some response on how the program is supposed to work.

I got sick of even trying to figure it out, because between my prior 2016 and now the 2018, I’ve had multiple oil changes using their Quick Lane and it’s only showing 1 service visit... POS.

Sponsored

Smokey613

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Race Red
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like it’s as crappy as their owner.ford.com site. Nothing ever gets updated, even after 3 trips to dealer for warranty work and other service. Now, I cannot even login, can’t reset password, etc.I just keep getting an IBM database error.

TheReaper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT
I've used the Ford Owner site for years with no issues and now Ford Pass took it's place. Not to happy about that.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Sounds like yall dont know either ? LOL I know it can be used for your first 3 oil changes and I have seen where people have said they got parts with it . . . But how? Their site makes it sound like it can do so much more but dont explain it. whats the point conversion? does 100 points get you a dollar off? does a set amount of points get you a specific service or part? where can you use it? just the dealer? what dealers? Can you use it with any web sites? How exactly can you use it towards money off a new car? Do points expire? what are the terms? There is exactly Zero info on how any of it works.

@86pagt How did you get your mats with it? Remember how many points? I read from someone that you had to maybe order parts through the service department to use points and not through parts department?

This is todays world with companies. They make products and programs and give people zero instructions on how to use said products or programs. Like most car parts, come in box with zero instructions. Then they point you to some third party you tube video that skips steps and is never exactly for the part you actually bought.

I mean somewhere there was a team of people who made and designed these programs, I guess they had a meeting about telling the customers how they work and they just said NA lets just have pizza and call it a day.

2016 GT/CS Laila

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2021 F150 Lariat 4x4, 2018 Taurus
When I take my vehicle in to get maintenance done, I just tell them I want to use my rewards points to pay. The only time I had a problem was the first time I tried after buying a new car. I even use the Quick Lane and it will update within 24 hours.

86pagt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dale
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
Sounds like yall dont know either ? LOL I know it can be used for your first 3 oil changes and I have seen where people have said they got parts with it . . . But how? Their site makes it sound like it can do so much more but dont explain it. whats the point conversion? does 100 points get you a dollar off? does a set amount of points get you a specific service or part? where can you use it? just the dealer? what dealers? Can you use it with any web sites? How exactly can you use it towards money off a new car? Do points expire? what are the terms? There is exactly Zero info on how any of it works.

@86pagt How did you get your mats with it? Remember how many points? I read from someone that you had to maybe order parts through the service department to use points and not through parts department?

This is todays world with companies. They make products and programs and give people zero instructions on how to use said products or programs. Like most car parts, come in box with zero instructions. Then they point you to some third party you tube video that skips steps and is never exactly for the part you actually bought.

I mean somewhere there was a team of people who made and designed these programs, I guess they had a meeting about telling the customers how they work and they just said NA lets just have pizza and call it a day.

I went to my local dealer parts department and ordered them. From what I remember is was 0.50 per 1 point.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I went to my local dealer parts department and ordered them. From what I remember is was 0.50 per 1 point.
Is that 50 cents or 5 cents? I mean I have 42,000 points for buying a new car at 50 cent a point I have 21,000 dollars in spending? At 5 cents I think would still be 2,100 dollars. I guess maybe 50 cents per 100 points would be closer. That would be 210 dollars more or less about 3 oil changes which is what they say the 42,000 gets you. I guess maybe a dealer knows Ill have to stop in and ask them one day.

2016 GT/CS Laila

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2021 F150 Lariat 4x4, 2018 Taurus
I have used my points for a full service twice (The Works) and each time it cost me 10878 in points. The Works cost me about $60 dollars if I pay in cash and i get a 517 point credit. Yes, I get a tire rotation, oil change, and fluid check / inspection for around $60. I have heard it's a lot more expensive in other areas.

86pagt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dale
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
Yes sorry that was a mistake, I originally had 7,000 points and the Parts desk worker credited 70 towards the mats then received 42000 for the new purchase