Sponsored

How do you bleed the hydraulic clutch system ?

Nerass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Premium GT
Resurrecting this: How did any of you get your clutch fluid out when bleeding brakes? I just did my brakes a couple weeks ago, but the clutch line still almost certainly has mostly old fluid in it. Turkey baster? Pull the line at the trans and then re-bleed? Syringe to suck it out?
let that bitch leakkkk lol kidding
i too am wondering this. when i did my clutch my res definitely drained out empty and despite filling it up again, i feel like there's still air in there :frusty:
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
let that bitch leakkkk lol kidding
i too am wondering this. when i did my clutch my res definitely drained out empty and despite filling it up again, i feel like there's still air in there :frusty:
Mine doesn't feel like it has air in it, but rather that the fluid is old and is too water-logged.

Whitewalkers550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt premium, 1973 mustang conv.
bringin this one back to life, so i replaced my clutch recently and did all new pilot bearing, slave cyl, steel braided line and that, and its been about 2000 miles since then and now randomly my car will get stuck in gear and wont come out and the car will also creep with the clutch all the way in almost like the slave has air or is failing and not disengaging the clutch anyone ever had this or any other ideas before i go to ripping it apart ?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I do not know if anything in these docs will help - but it’s all the info on the S550 MT82 and hydraulics (brake/clutch).

Attachments

Whitewalkers550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Well I tried the bleeding procedure 5 times holding the vacuum and pumping pedal and still having the same issue, I had the windows down as I backed into my driveway and could hear the clutch still dragging with the pedal all the way in, am I lookin at maybe a bad slave?

Sponsored

Whitewalkers550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
New development, when it’s stuck if I keep clutch in and rev it it unsticks and I can shift normal again

Whitewalkers550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
well ended up tearing car apart and found the slave had fallen apart, the rubber part came apart and was holding it from full travel but thanks for all the help!

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
but it’s all the info on the S550 MT82 and hydraulics (brake/clutch).
Hey, do you have all of those docs for 2018+ cars, with the MT-82 D4 version? That would be awesome :D. Thank you.

So how the hell do you bleed the slave cylinder? I didn't see that anywhere. You'd need a remote line from the slave's bleed valve. But I didn't see that valve anywhere. Where is it? Thx.

MajHazrd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Performance Package
well ended up tearing car apart and found the slave had fallen apart, the rubber part came apart and was holding it from full travel but thanks for all the help!
@Whitewalkers550 how did you take it all apart? Were you able to drop the transmission from below or did you have to pull the engine and transmission? How nasty of a job was it, how long did it take?

I below out something last night at Track Night. I missed 2nd to 3rd, got in to 1st, realized what happened, jammed the clutch back in. After that I had full pedal but it wouldn't shift well, had to speed match to get it back into to gear. So I assume the clutch wasn't disengaging. I finished the session. The clutch held fine under acceleration. When I drove home, I had to start it in gear, it would creep a little bit, then the pedal kind of had "pop" feeling and went to the floor and after that now only the last 1" or less of travel feels like its "trying" to disengage but it doesn't.
Sounds liked I might have blown out the throw out slave cylinder after reading these threads on this type of issue. I don't see any fluid leaking anywhere.

As anyone else experienced this?

MyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Stock clutch? My guess is high RPM shift north of 7000. Similar thing happened to me. Friction material was jammed in between pressure plate and flywheel allowing me to drive home.
IMG_1837.jpg

Sponsored

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Stock clutch? My guess is high RPM shift north of 7000. Similar thing happened to me. Friction material was jammed in between pressure plate and flywheel allowing me to drive home.
IMG_1837.jpg
That sucks but is also impressive!

Bridgie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT fastback. PP, 50th trim, Black
Quite easy to kill the stock clutch on the track..
Vaporized one side of the clutch plate..!!

D9D3621D-D75D-4053-9339-8C02FCFD09B0.jpeg

5B997DB7-80E1-4AFA-A15B-BCE885E00095.jpeg
Sponsored