How do I the use Helm inc service info CD

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
i see. it seemed like an additional requirement to "windows 3.1 or later" the way they listed it.

so it seems like all i need is:
windows 3.1 or later
486-based PC or above
8 MB or memory or better
40 MB of free disk space
CD ROM drive (minimum 2x speed)
Basically if you have a computer running Windows that was made sometime in the last 20 years you'll be golden.
Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
yeah im aware of that or using a virtual machine but i prefer to have a separate computer if i can.

the reason is because i will use it while working on the car in the garage and my mac is old and slow.

+ the computer doesnt have a CD drive

Buy one

OP
OP
seely

seely

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
seedy
Vehicle(s)
none
it should be that easy. Setup.exe does all the hard work for you and copies supporting files to all the right places on your computer.

If you have any doubts, it might be worth a call to helms to validate everything before you purchase as most software is not returnable.
Basically if you have a computer running Windows that was made sometime in the last 20 years you'll be golden.
Yea cool, I think its best for me to just try first and ask questions later...

Do either of you own the helm CD? I'm really just looking for experience. That's why I posted if its not clear.

Just to see if there's any unforeseen issues i'd run into that someone could give me a heads up on.
I'm aware the options to call helm, virtual computers etc. really i'm just checking if there's specific steps I should be aware of.

For example,
I watched this tutorial and the guy said once its done installing the program will show you an "expired license" error message and you have to install some third party software to get around it. Not sure if that will apply to me.

This is not the advice I need. Thanks for trying.

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
For example,
I watched this tutorial and the guy said once its done installing the program will show you an "expired license" error message and you have to install some third party software to get around it. Not sure if that will apply to me.
If there's a license key, that should come from Helm. Since you're buying their software I'd contact their support team if you see that 'expired license' error - you paid for it, no need to try to get around it with a third party app.

Highvolts

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT, 1965 Mustang 289
Do either of you own the helm CD? I'm really just looking for experience. That's why I posted if its not clear.

I do not, but am well versed in the workings of PC software, hardware requirements, etc. Also, If you dont have a CD drive in the PC you want in the garage, there are ways around it that i'd be glad to help you with.

Sponsored

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
I have the Helm manual CD (2019) loaded on my Windows 10 PC. The only catch was I had to load an old viewer program to see the wiring diagrams, I can't remember what it was now, maybe cvg reader.
Anyway the CD works fine although I had to reload the old viewer once about a year ago for unknown reason. The program is setup to run from the CD, it may be possible to get it to run from a hard drive/usb stick but they don't make it easy.

OP
OP
seely

seely

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
seedy
Vehicle(s)
none
turned out it worked totally fine. i used windows vista. no issues for the install or running program.
Sponsored