Sponsored

How do I remove a sealer?

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
I have the Klasse all in one and klasse sealer. I misread the labeling I guess, and I put the sealer on first. I didn't have time to put on the all in one, and before I did so I found out it was supposed to be first. That was a couple weeks ago, and I'd like to do it all again and do it correctly.

How do I remove the sealer?
Sponsored

oesman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dmitry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I'd imagine diluted alcohol will do the trick if it's a synthetic wax sealant, similar to removing organic wax. Haven't used their sealant though. Is it an acrylic or silicone based sealant? If so it may be something you have to take off with a light compound machine polishing.

OP
OP

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
it's acrylic. i can't put the all in one on top of it can i?

oesman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dmitry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
it's acrylic. i can't put the all in one on top of it can i?
I'm really not familiar with that particular 2-step product, maybe someone else can chime in. I'd imagine it's a either remove it and re-do it or just don't do the all-in-one this time type of scenario.

OP
OP

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
I'm really not familiar with that particular 2-step product, maybe someone else can chime in. I'd imagine it's a either remove it and re-do it or just don't do the all-in-one this time type of scenario.
My car is pretty shiny when clean. I'm thinking I might just leave it be and use QD for the next few months until it's time for sealant again, then start that process with all in one.

Thanks!

Sponsored

DanDglassman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Deep Impact Blue
My guess was the all in one might serve as a light polish and a wax. The sealer was likely an extender, shine enhancer. If your happy with it leave it be. The difference for all the extra work is likely minimal. Unless you plan to compete in car shows, no one will notice.

If OCD kicks in, and you want to start over, use blue Dawn dish soap to get back to your base coat.

daytripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13GT500,'15 GT
keep reading those bottles. If you have a new car with properly prepared finish you dont need the AIO. If you are feeling energetic put another coat of the sealer on followed by a good wax. no harm done.

OP
OP

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
keep reading those bottles. If you have a new car with properly prepared finish you dont need the AIO. If you are feeling energetic put another coat of the sealer on followed by a good wax. no harm done.
Interesting thought..Makes me think I didn't need the AIO to begin with.

Sponsored

whalesalad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I washed mine, followed it with all-in-one, and then applied the klasse high-gloss sealant.

Unfortunately I kinda rushed things and regret it. First off, I washed and dried the car in the heat, out in the sun. First mistake. There were some slight water spots not visible once I pulled it inside my garage to do the sealant. Now I have water spots sealed and protected on my windshield!

I'm also hoping to kinda restart at ground-zero to properly get the car entirely spotless prior to doing the sealing.

Also... I made the additional mistake of using TOO MUCH of the klasse sealant which is a major no-no. The rule of "less is more" has never hit me harder in the face. I still went light in the grand scheme of things, but in this case it was far too heavy and it felt like I had covered my car in glue. Removing it required a lot of elbow grease which kinda made me feel like I was doing more harm than good.

Turns out you really need a 1) very light coat, 2) let it sit for a long time, and 3) then it buffs out relatively easy.

In my case I had to hit it with a warm/damp microfiber about 4 hours later to get things looking okay.

I feel like a dumbass, basically. Everything I do feels counter intuitive. Ultimately I want to protect my car but I feel like I am doing more harm than good :(

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
^^^ This !!!

It doesn't hurt to put the AIO on 1st and makes it easier to apply the sealer, but with a new car that has a good finish already it's not really going to have any impact.

Net - just leave it - you're good ;)

OP
OP

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
I washed mine, followed it with all-in-one, and then applied the klasse high-gloss sealant.

Unfortunately I kinda rushed things and regret it. First off, I washed and dried the car in the heat, out in the sun. First mistake. There were some slight water spots not visible once I pulled it inside my garage to do the sealant. Now I have water spots sealed and protected on my windshield!

I'm also hoping to kinda restart at ground-zero to properly get the car entirely spotless prior to doing the sealing.

Also... I made the additional mistake of using TOO MUCH of the klasse sealant which is a major no-no. The rule of "less is more" has never hit me harder in the face. I still went light in the grand scheme of things, but in this case it was far too heavy and it felt like I had covered my car in glue. Removing it required a lot of elbow grease which kinda made me feel like I was doing more harm than good.

Turns out you really need a 1) very light coat, 2) let it sit for a long time, and 3) then it buffs out relatively easy.

In my case I had to hit it with a warm/damp microfiber about 4 hours later to get things looking okay.

I feel like a dumbass, basically. Everything I do feels counter intuitive. Ultimately I want to protect my car but I feel like I am doing more harm than good :(
I don't have the bottle handy, but I'm pretty sure the sealer is an immediate wipe. No waiting.

OP
OP

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
^^^ This !!!

It doesn't hurt to put the AIO on 1st and makes it easier to apply the sealer, but with a new car that has a good finish already it's not really going to have any impact.

Net - just leave it - you're good ;)
I guess my sealer application was OK because my car looks amazing since my last wash. I put some QD on and it's pure sex on wheels right now.

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
The all in one will remove it.
Sponsored